Code of Conduct

Default Three Crowns Sandalwood

Anyone interested in getting a bottle of an affordable fragrance that contains a bit of Mysore sandal oil should check out Three Crowns Sandalwood from Connaught Shaving. I have a sample and just ordered a full bottle. It strikes me as watered down, simpler Creed Bois de Santal. In cologne concentration the sillage and longevity are limited. It is at clearance prices as I believe the company has gone under. Most of TC's other fragrances aren't very good, but this one is and has old world charm. I'd also like to hear from anyone else who has tried it.

Default Re: Three Crowns Sandalwood

thanks, just ordered a bottle and some blades. Also a sample of the Cella EdC.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I didn't think the Cella EdC was that great. It struck me as a soapy, herbal cologne. Glad you ordered a bottle--and at that price, hat do we have to lose?

Got my stuff just now. I actually like the Cella - as you say it's a typical mediterranean-style Edc, aromatic citrus, lemony-thyme-powdery-soap, very Italian or Spanish barbershop. From memory I'd almost say it is a dead ringer for Myrurgia's 1916 EdC. Not too far from Harris' Arlington either.

The sandalwood does not smell sandalwoody to me - it's a light powdery-floral skin scent, alot like typical perfumed talc, very old school indeed, with just a suggestion of wood somewhere at the tail end. It's not perfume really, just makes you smell clean . I'd call it a dilution of vintage Floris 89 rather than Bois de Santal, which to me is skanky green sandalwood (in the best of possible ways, of course ). Nostalgia in a bottle is quite allright for a few quid .
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I agree and am glad we got a bottle since the line is no longer carried by Connaught. I think the manufacturer (whoever it was) is probably gone for good. Hopefully, someone will make a sandalwood reminiscent of the old days when it was used recklessly.