Code of Conduct

Default Whats up with Mancera?

Ive been seeing the Mancera brand popping up more and more lately and was curious if anyone could lift the shroud of mystery surrounding the brand. Is it related to Montale? Did Montale go under? Where can I find Mancera frags? Help! Anyone?

Default Re: Whats up with Mancera?

I have 8 of their scents in my collection. They pop up every now and then on Ebay. Got mine in different places in Europe. Don't know if it's related to Montale or not.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have 8 of their scents in my collection. They pop up every now and then on Ebay. Got mine in different places in Europe. Don't know if it's related to Montale or not.
    What are you thoughts? Any good? Im mostly interested in the Black and Gold.

I think they're all good and project and last quite a long time at least on my skin.

Same "school of thought" as Montale in terms of items but Mancera appears higher end with nicer packaging (wooden boxes) and better bottles.

for swap/sale:

They have fantastic fragrances. From awesome heavier Oud dominated fragrances to "Roses Vanille" which smells pretty much like Noir de Noir from TF. They also have Sand Aoud which opens up with a sweetish oud and then dries down to a much more complex Andy T. L'Air d.D. Marocain.

Selfridges London stock them, perhaps they deliver internationally.

- - - Updated - - -

They have fantastic fragrances. From awesome heavier Oud dominated fragrances to "Roses Vanille" which smells pretty much like Noir de Noir from TF. They also have Sand Aoud which opens up with a sweetish oud and then dries down to a much more complex Andy T. L'Air d.D. Marocain.

Selfridges London stock them, perhaps they deliver internationally.

I suspect that the brands are related, or perhaps share the same perfumer, but I'm not certain.

I haven't been impressed by their Gold and Silver Intensive Aouds, which are mainly what I've sampled. I may have tried one or two of the others. I just don't remember. Not all are available in my area. I do like the one named The Aoud. So far it's the only one of the line that I've tried that I've liked. I wouldn't mind trying a few more. The prices are reasonable.

I am so sorry but when I first read the title I read "Macarena" like that dumb dance from the 90's LOL, sorry carry on..

Considering the revelations about Montale I suspect this is the same spiel by the same Arab entrepeneur using a French front, only now the "perfumer's" name is Pierre Mancera (how original). I suspect the scents are simply lab productions by some mid-sized firm in the Middle East, even if they are marketed to Saudis as Parisian. A clever spin-off of the genuinely Franco-Arab collaboration Amouage (who started out with Guy Robert)

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I suspect that the brands are related, or perhaps share the same perfumer, but I'm not certain.

I haven't been impressed by their Gold and Silver Intensive Aouds, which are mainly what I've sampled. I may have tried one or two of the others. I just don't remember. Not all are available in my area. I do like the one named The Aoud. So far it's the only one of the line that I've tried that I've liked. I wouldn't mind trying a few more. The prices are reasonable.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matičre/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénčtrent le verre.

have to say im loving mancera. bought a couple of bottles at selfridges and am completely impressed. lasts longer than anything else i've ever used including montale and czech & speake. the aoud is quite similar to montale black aoud but gentler without the initial hypersonic blast of rose. i love the montales but this is definately a viable (and cheaper) option. loving it.

Harvey Nichols Istanbul sells Montale collection together with Mancera, what a coincidence The fragrances, the fonts, "Pierre Mancera" lol , it is impossible not to see that these two are related.

About the fragrances, I'm not impressed with the Mancera oud line, they are really a lot like Montale ouds, especially Black Aoud. Nothing new.

But they have two gems. Roses Vanille is a great fragrance, better than Tom Ford Noir de Noir, definitely. But it leans more on feminine side.

Cedrat Boise, this is great as well. It has many layers but the thing I got from CB is that it is an Aventus copy, but a better copy. If you do not like the 90s sports fragrance vibe in Aventus, imo mainly caused by apple, CB doesn't have that, but has a refined leather note instead. Great fragrance, recommended.

They seem to be the same company and the lid is the same for montale and mancera bottles and the bag the perfume bottles come in but the mancera scents which are not aoud related are much different to your typical montale bottle, like the roses vanille, roses jasmin, cedrat boise, sand aoud, and roses greedy, montale have nothing in thier range which compares to this and if your still not sure i see some samles popping up on ebay so try before you buy

They sure have a swanky website, but it's from 2008 and only lists the three Aoud scents. No Paris address, although they claim to be from there. You can contact them, apparently, but I've always thought it odd when high-end opperations supply you with only a Hotmail address. Looks all quite Montale-like to me.

http://manceraparfums.com/

I think its the same concept as Montale, a french name, Arab businessman with a lab somewhere in the Khaleej with Indian and some Egyptian chemists churning out different fragrances under some dummy french perfumer who does not exist, packaged in nice bottles and sold abroad at a much higher price. The end .

Can we have more reviews on mancera? Basically saying its same as montale is not really saying anything. Just bought sand aoud and I was blown away. Sweet oud with a dry down between LDDM and Halston man amber. Awesome juice lasts literally over 24 hours and projects like a beast. Love the juice and I want more mancera.
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

I note that "Avicenna London" have an Amazon UK store - selling Montale and Mancera.
    Patience is the parent of success

I'm so disgusted with Montale's sillage in their new batch is Mancera any better?

Very good line. Sampled the majority of their fragrances. Was very impressed. Roses Vanille, Cedrat Boise(which I own) and Kumkat Wood were my favorites of the few I sampled.

Only missing the two new ones - Aoud Violet and Wind Wood. Mancera's scents are better crafted IMO than many Montales. A small step up in quality.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I agree! Manceras seem to be of better quality.
    Only missing the two new ones - Aoud Violet and Wind Wood. Mancera's scents are better crafted IMO than many Montales. A small step up in quality.

Basenotes Member

ive got The aoud , gold intensitive , wild fruits , and cedrat boise .
    cedrat boise is the damn bomb its an absolute favorite of mine i have 6 120ml bottles of that stuff hahahaha .
    gold intensitive is pretty good smells like a dark spicy honey .
    i want to get wave musk , aoud cafe .

Just received a full bottle of Cedrat Boise yesterday. Great fragrance. Applied this 7 hours ago and still going strong. Great sillage and projection so far. A few people have complimented this scent already. Based on this juice, I'm very impressed with this house. I wonder if Mancera's other offerings are as good. What would you guys recommend?

I was very impressed with Sand Aoud, lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by JoseChang View Post
    Just received a full bottle of Cedrat Boise yesterday. Great fragrance. Applied this 7 hours ago and still going strong. Great sillage and projection so far. A few people have complimented this scent already. Based on this juice, I'm very impressed with this house. I wonder if Mancera's other offerings are as good. What would you guys recommend?
    Black to Black, Blue Aoud, Aoud Cafe.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Member

roses vanille . man i sprayed 2 sprays its a sillage monster . longevity beast . sticks to clothes 48hours . smells like vanilla butterscotch .

Those sound great. Roses vanille sounds so feminine. Yet, it probably smells great on anyone. Sand Aoud seems like I would like. But I blind bought Aoud 1 instead. Waiting for it to ship in. Heard it was better. Wonder if I made a mistake?

Basenotes Member

Those sound great. Roses vanille sounds so feminine. Yet, it probably smells great on anyone. Sand Aoud seems like I would like. But I blind bought Aoud 1 instead. Waiting for it to ship in. Heard it was better. Wonder if I made a mistake?
    lol if you bought " The Aoud" thers a good chance you wont like it . it has a very very strong rose odor like a grandma kinda smell . i have a 120ml bottle of that and i dont use it , its still full , i let 5 people smell it and they all hated it . its very strong stuff . but i sprayed 1 spray only and it smelled awesome to me smelled like a rose vanilla musk .
    they say that wave musk is also good its a match for creed millesime imperial .

Quote Originally Posted by 57cc View Post
    lol if you bought " The Aoud" thers a good chance you wont like it . it has a very very strong rose odor like a grandma kinda smell . i have a 120ml bottle of that and i dont use it , its still full , i let 5 people smell it and they all hated it . its very strong stuff . but i sprayed 1 spray only and it smelled awesome to me smelled like a rose vanilla musk .
    they say that wave musk is also good its a match for creed millesime imperial .
    Aoud 1 by parfums bruckner. I think that's who makes it or distributes it.

Aoud 1 by parfums bruckner. I think that's who makes it or distributes it.
    Aoud 1 was made by Micalleff for Parfumerie Bruckner and sold under that name. Excellent stuff. You're lucky to have a bottle!

Aoud 1 was made by Micalleff for Parfumerie Bruckner and sold under that name. Excellent stuff. You're lucky to have a bottle!
    Awesome! Can't wait till it comes in. Hopefully I'll feel the same way about it as you.

Back to Mancera. Has anyone tried Wild Fruits? Is it on the same level as Cedrat Boise? Not many people mention this one.

I really like Millesime Imperial. So Wave Musk may work. Hope it's not a redundant pick though.

Awesome! Can't wait till it comes in. Hopefully I'll feel the same way about it as you.

Back to Mancera. Has anyone tried Wild Fruits? Is it on the same level as Cedrat Boise? Not many people mention this one.
    Own this along with all the other Manceras. Wild Fruits is very nice. A veritable cornucopia of different fruit. Think "Tutti Frutti" with a very nice woody dry down. Have to like juicy-sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloke View Post
    I was very impressed with Sand Aoud, lovely.
    Another blind buy. Sand Aoud is on its way. Nervous and excited.

Basenotes Member

there is a new line called lemon line edp

I really like Millesime Imperial. So Wave Musk may work. Hope it's not a redundant pick though.
    Hi guys,

I heard from one reviewer that 'Wild Fruits" is very similar to Creed's MI. Anyone else try Mancera fragrances here?

Quote Originally Posted by mystickid View Post
    Hi guys,

I heard from one reviewer that 'Wild Fruits" is very similar to Creed's MI. Anyone else try Mancera fragrances here?
    Wild Fruits is good. In my opinion, it doesn't smell like Creeds MI. I like both very much. I have this as well as Cedrat Boise and Sand Aoud. Great house so far. Can't wait to try and/or buy more from them.

Wild Fruits is good. In my opinion, it doesn't smell like Creeds MI. I like both very much. I have this as well as Cedrat Boise and Sand Aoud. Great house so far. Can't wait to try and/or buy more from them.
    Thanks Jose,

How's longevity and projection?

Hi guys,

I have heard that a few times also. Personally, to my nose it smells much more like Creed's SMW. One of the few Creed's I don't like. And one of the few Mancera's I don't like.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

Thanks Jose,

How's longevity and projection?
    On me, awesome. I'm in an office 12 + hours a day, lasts through out. Projection is strong for about 6 hours.

MiN in NYC has a nice selection of Mancera. I was able to sample a few a couple of weeks ago. Good stuff. Aoud Black Candy, Rose Vanille and Kumkat Wood stood out but I was pretty overwhelmed by sampling the large selection of other houses they had.
    The intro: MANCERA was created in 2008 under the impulsion of one of the biggest perfumes distribution company in the Gulf States, AL ATHAR. The creators of MONTALE perfumes have played an active role in this project. The name MANCERA was imagined to work well on a global scale.
    Complete link:http://minnewyork.com/manufacturer/mancera-paris/
    I would recommend their sampling program at MiN. They give you a nice sprayer filled almost half way for $5, at least 1.5ml which is better than the measly .7 dabber Luckyscent gives you, although I love Luckyscent in general. The SA's are knowledgeable too, especially the younger girl named Olya. She's pretty bad ass, here's a video of her outside the atelier: http://youtu.be/aUzcuAGmx5U
    If you want to get familiar with the line before you buy, this is probably the best way to do it.

I have been so curious about this line and almost blind bought one of them...but at the last minute decided to follow my own suggestion instead of my greed. I ordered seven Mancera samples that sounded most interesting to me from MiN (plus Perris of Monte Carlo's Rose de Taif). So I just opened the package to find the following samples. Cedrat Boise, Roseoud & Musc, Indian Dream, Aoud Violet, Black Line, Kumkat Wood and Wild Fruits. Can hardly wait to sample these!
    Last edited by Akahina; 18th May 2014 at 07:11 PM. Reason: formating
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    I have been so curious about this line and almost blind bought one of them...but at the last minute decided to follow my own suggestion instead of my greed. I ordered seven Mancera samples that sounded most interesting to me from MiN (plus Perris of Monte Carlo's Rose de Taif). So I just opened the package to find the following samples. Cedrat Boise, Roseoud & Musc, Indian Dream, Aoud Violet, Black Line, Kumkat Wood and Wild Fruits. Can hardly wait to sample these!
    You received a nice assortment of the line. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Awesome. Please give us your detailed thoughts on each one. Congrats!

Today I sampled Cedrat Boise. Others have mentioned (if I recall) a similarity to Aventus. This one is not pineapply and does not have the slight burning smell, but I see what they have mentioned. This does inhabit the same fragrance "space" for lack of a better term. A fruity top note with cedar making its presence known. I already have 4 ounces of Aventus so I find this one to be redundant. If you like Aventus you will surely like this one.

(EDIT) Several hours later and this one has changed considerably and is still hanging on, although the projection has subsided somewhat. The fruity space that reminded me so much of Aventus is gone almost completely. What is left is a wonderful cedary base which is quite different from Aventus. Cedar is not a particularly uncommon note, but I must say I quite like this. I don't see this as a powerhouse by any means and I do like my scents to project, but still I would consider a bottle...but I need to try some other samples first. Not challenging, but nice and well behaved.
    Last edited by Akahina; 20th May 2014 at 02:53 AM.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Today it was Roseaoud Musc. Yet another rose and oud scent. I don't smell much spice in this one. The top seems to remind me of many other rose and oud combinations, Oud Ispahan came to mind at first sniff but much weaker. This initial blast left fairly quickly and some other floral notes popped in. I thought the scent was rather weak (compared to Oud Ispahan) so I sprayed a bit more and one additional spray to my shirt. A couple of hours later and the scent stopped projecting and became a skin scent with mostly a clean white musc. A nice pretty perfume but lacking in longevity. So far with just a few Mancera scents sampled I am underwhelmed. All are nicely composed and seem to be made of quality ingredients, but just seem weak. More to sample...
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Indian Dream was my test the day before yesterday. A touch of rose and white florals...very soft. Again this is a well blended scent that smells marvelous but longevity and projection is weak. Perhaps a couple of hours and it turns into a skin scent.

Today it was Kumkat Wood. And again the scent smelled wonderful initially. I loved the kumquat opening with some cedar, but this did not last long. It settled down quickly to a skin scent of mild cedar, perhaps some vetiver and not much else. Longevity was better than Indian Dream but to be honest....longevity sucked.

I had high hopes for this house. The good part that I really like about every one I have tried so far is the ingredients and blending is masterful. But longevity of every one I have tried so far is weak. None are worth the price for me so far. Disappointing...
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

I recently bought kumkat wood blind. Reminds me of a red vetyver dry down but a lot better. It is not a bad scent, will be good during tge warmer months.

I've only smelled Montale Red Vetyver at the store, but if memory serves me correctly...it smells more like Terre d'Hermes than Kumkat Wood IMO.

Kumkat Wood was more about a combination of citrus/patchouli/florals and rounded out by mellow musks and a sugary sweetness; cedar and spice intertwine throughout the wear.

Quote Originally Posted by DazWah84 View Post
    I recently bought kumkat wood blind. Reminds me of a red vetyver dry down but a lot better. It is not a bad scent, will be good during tge warmer months.

Also don't see the connection between Kumkat Wood and Red Vetyver. Find the Mancera much sweeter but not in a bad way. just my experience.

Blog Entries

I tried a few samples. Kumqat Wood was my favorite. Loved the citrus opening but was a little disappointed that it didn't seem to last.

For me it lasts very long. 8 plus hours

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    I tried a few samples. Kumqat Wood was my favorite. Loved the citrus opening but was a little disappointed that it didn't seem to last.
    Same here. Lovely scent but too darn weak.