Code of Conduct

Default First 10 minutes of wearing Terre D'hermes Parfum! I have to say, this is really....

not what I was expecting. This smells almost as harsh as L'eau D'issey Pour Homme, and not in a good way. All I'm smelling from this fragrance is citrus dish detergent. Thankfully, this is only a sample, and only the first 10 minutes, I'll let you guys know what I think later on

- - - Updated - - -

Now it's not so bad, it still feels very synthetic. More green and grassy though, I suppose that's vetiver. The topnotes are not good at all though

Default Re: First 10 minutes of wearing Terre D'hermes Parfum! I have to say, this is really....

I'm not a fan either but there is a lot of love out there for this one.

Default Re: First 10 minutes of wearing Terre D'hermes Parfum! I have to say, this is really....

its a nice approach to judge the perfume after wearing 10 minutes from a sample, he-he

ps. not a fan of TdH in edc or edp concentrations

I kinda dug it..but I like orange..and blasts of orange don't bother me at all. I didn't pick up too much oakmoss though..and it's listed.
    $25 or less clearance sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/390...othing-over-25!!

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18

Hmmm, well, it's not a bad fragrance by any means, but it feels very cheap, I was expecting more from a fragrance that costs $120.

Sound Scents

Love the stuff personally. Nothing "cheap smelling" about it at all to my nose and I can't even imagine comparing it to L'Eau d'Issey's top notes... Still, it is not going to be for everyone for sure... Different strokes...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie

I own the Pure Parfum. I think it's ok. It wouldn't make my top 10 anything list though. Smells like dry, dusty orange peels.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Scent View Post
    , I was expecting more from a fragrance that costs $120.
    If you knew how many times I have said that about a scent, LOL. Especially, if it's way over that range. lol
    $25 or less clearance sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/390...othing-over-25!!

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18

I like it, but don't love it. While it's not overly complex, it certainly doesn't strike me as cheap smelling.

I'm surely not among the biggest fans of this stuff but it really gets a lot of praise around here...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Basenotes Junkie

There is something really weird going on chemically with TdH. Sometimes when I put it on I get an amazing, smooth, woody orange scent that has a lot of richness and complexity. Love it. Other times when I put it on, I smell nothing but harsh bugspray that is so terrible I need to scrub it off. A few times now it has been somewhere in between.

I've never smelled anything that can induce such radically different perceptions on different wearings. It seems to be really reactive to whatever is on my skin as well as the temperature in the room. I think this accounts for the radically different perceptions of this fragrance. It's a weird animal. I know exactly the harsh notes you are talking about and I'm fairly certain they aren't supposed to be there and most people are not smelling them. Yet, for some reason this harsh chemical smell jumps up and ambushes some people when they smell it (it is truly awful). I'd like to know what is going on here. My experiences have me convinced that people can be smelling two radically different fragrances when sampling TdH.

All of this really makes me wonder if it is possible that some people might be getting these harsh chemical notes in the room while the wearer is completely oblivious? I hope that is not the case, but some stories have led me to wonder if this is happening. Be careful with this stuff.

So, try again another day. Though, I can't recommend buying a fragrance that is so weirdly temperamental.
    Last edited by 2ndBakeryAttack; 14th August 2012 at 09:58 AM.

Doesn't it have a lot of iso e super and/or synthetic musks? If so, that would explain why some find it "cheap" or "synthetic," while others don't.

my first sniff about this one was: omg!! I have to buy this.... and I did it.
    I think it was the best first impression ever on a perfume .. by far. It Smells gorgeous.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Tried both the edt and the edp versions. Cannot say that either are my cup of tea. Would not purchase a full bottle. Sorry, I know if is rather well liked on this and other websites.

mihailo

Now it's not so bad, it still feels very synthetic.
    To me almost everything feels synthetic, but I made my peace with it. If you're aiming for a highly natural feeling (that also comes with staying power and sillage) go for the Amouages or Histoires de Parfums.

Banned
    Blog Entries

to me its the opposite.

i like the beginning but then it turns into saw dust

Quote Originally Posted by mihailo View Post
    To me almost everything feels synthetic, but I made my peace with it. If you're aiming for a highly natural feeling (that also comes with staying power and sillage) go for the Amouages or Histoires de Parfums.
    I found the Amouages more synthetic (medicinal even) than anything. I have not tried the Histories series so can't comment.

I have to say though, to my nose TdH in both versions seems the highest quality of the designer brands that there is out there. Best of a bad bunch maybe?

The parfum does seem to grow on you. I disliked it at first too, now I found it much more wearable than the EdT in some environments.
    Last edited by rum; 14th August 2012 at 02:51 PM.

I get too much of a body odor vibe from the parfum. Can't wear it.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Personally love the fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Personally love the fragrance.
    Same

I was not a great fan of it, but it's grown on me.

Love it
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Does anyone know if the parfum version has been reformulated?

Apparently the edt has been...

And if the parfum has been too, are we talking "vintage" or "current" formulations!!!??

I actually love both but enjoy the EDT more. I don't get anything harsh from TdH. As someone mentioned above, I get this smooth, woodsy blast with a hint of citrus. I don't get harsh orange at all. TdH is one of the only things out there that I smell during the day and think..."who smells so good" without realizing that its the drydown on myself.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 14th August 2012 at 06:47 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Love both but love the EDT more

This is one you really need to smell on someone else to notice how good it is.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

This fragrance is so well spoken for in the Youtube frag community, here on basenotes, etc. I almost feel guilty when I say that I do not like the scent. I think it's the vetiver in it that turns me off. But, I respect the fact that the fragrance is a big hit with others.

I use to really like it. Then it started to suffocate me a bit with the synthetics becoming overly harsh. I did have the EDT.

Hearing some of these comments regarding TdH reminds me of my experience wearing it at work once.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...ce)?highlight=

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Winterbourne View Post
    Hearing some of these comments regarding TdH reminds me of my experience wearing it at work once.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...ce)?highlight=
    Exactly what I'm talking about. It seems like only a small percentage of people can smell these notes, but believe me, they smell horrid!

I sampled the edt at a store and it haunts me and its the one fragrance That every time I go to buy I always decide on cheaper ones, But now the time has come for me to own this magnificent edt ( have not tried the edp) I am so excited

I'm a very Big fan of TDH.....A Fantastic Fragrance on my skin!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    to me its the opposite.

i like the beginning but then it turns into...
    Something I really don't like, got rid of the parfum I had.

I'll give it a 2 thumbs up. I have the pure parfum and find it a bit thicker and more suited to cool weather for me. The edt seems brighter and lighter and maybe more versatile to me. I dig the earthy orange peel aura, almost has a warm feeling too it.

As someone who mainly wears high quality niche fragrances, this is one of the few designer scents that I still put on and enjoy. I wear the edp version and I think it makes a great Fall/Winter fragrance.

I really like the dark orange note.

This stuff is really strong, i have to go easy on the trigger. Great fragrance.

I like it, but unfortunately it only last for about 30 minutes on my skin before it`s totaly gone.. Pity :-(

This is one of my all time favorites. Wonderful unique twist on citrus, and very long lasting.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Brückner - Aoud 1
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

When I first got my sample it smelled like earth and orange, it was pretty nice but then it started to smell more like mineral and orange. I was kind of disappointed because I couldn't get back the earth and orange which I liked and then the more I kept testing it the more confused it made me so I finally decided that I would revisit it at a later time. I reached a conclusion that this was for a older person than myself.