Code of Conduct

Thread: L'Occitane Line

Default L'Occitane Line

Hello guys an gals. I recently purchased Eas De Baux from the L'Occitane Line and I'm waiting on ti in the mail but I was curious if anyone had any experience with their other seller L'Occitan EDT and if they smell similar and I the rest of the house is worth blind buying since I don't have a boutique anywhere near me.

Default Re: L'Occitane Line

I have a L'Occitane Boutique close by and own L'Occitane Eau De L'Occitan which is a fantastic lavender blend. All there offerings are very different and are very good quality. A bargain at $50 each.

I was wanting to buy Spicebomb and have a couple samples and heard EAu De Baux was a better selection and very close and since Spicebomb has very spotty longevity on me I decide why the heck $50. So I am waiting on it plus I didn't know if anyone had tried the others and what is comparable to L'Occitan that's main stream that smells similar since I don't have a boutique near me and I can't try before I buy. Is the L'Occitan blind buy worthy?

That was wise as EDB is about half the price. As far as a blind buy goes, I always recommend sampling before buying a FB. On the other hand Blind Buying is fun. At the moment I can't think of a designer that's similar to EDL, but I doubt that you would be let down by it.

The Iris EDP is wonderful as well. The Cedar is also good. The Immortelle and the Labdanum are equally good but I understand were limited editions.

I have the EDB and also Spicebomb and enjoy them both.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Certain l'occitane are great, especially for the price, but others aren't. So blind buying is not recommended in general. Eau de baux is probably the best in the current range. As primrose, I also like a lot the immortelle and labdanum (a limited edition that, as usual, may or may not come back).

cacio

There are many good offerings from this house IMO. Eau Du Contadour & Eau Du 4 Voleurs are very good IMO.

I got decants from fellow BN members of:

Eau L'occitan
    Eau 4 Voleurs (Discointued)
    Notre Flore Cedre

Eau L'occitan is a great lavender. I will be wearing a lot of this in the fall. Notre Flore Cedre is great as well. 4 Voleurs is growing on me, but didnt like it much at first even with all the good reviews here on BN.

I got them from archerfire here: http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....ighlight=notre

The delivery was fast, and superb service. This would be a good way to test them out. If you like them, you will have (i go the 4ml size) plenty on wearings before you run out if you have a large wardrobe. I find the penalty for buying small in this case is not that great, and can save you from blind-buying a bottle you may not like. I think his prices are $3/$6/$10 for 2ml/4ml/10ml size with $3 ship. I only buy after a sample at this point.

They smell nothing alike. L'Occitan is like an improved and more subtle Le Male to me. Excellent fragrance, as Eau de Bavx.

- - - Updated - - -

They smell nothing alike. L'Occitan is like an improved and more subtle Le Male to me. Excellent fragrance, as Eau de Bavx.

Never made any connection with le Male. I will have to check that out!

I bought the Iris and Cedar edps half price in the Belfast L'Occitane boutique last year. The Labdanum was already sold out or I would have bought that too. We are classed as L'Occitane Ireland, yet the UK L'Occitane stores and online are still selling at full price.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by Ih8buffering View Post
    I was wanting to buy Spicebomb and have a couple samples and heard EAu De Baux was a better selection and very close and since Spicebomb has very spotty longevity on me I decide why the heck $50. So I am waiting on it plus I didn't know if anyone had tried the others and what is comparable to L'Occitan that's main stream that smells similar since I don't have a boutique near me and I can't try before I buy. Is the L'Occitan blind buy worthy?
    I also think they are very close, I can't speak too much about the longevity of SB, but EDB lasts a good while. EDB is less sweet though.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvus View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Eau de l'occitan is a great scent and has absolutely nothing to do with le Male imho. Its very different from Eau des Beaux (which I don't like). You should try Eau d'iparie, it is eqsily unisex.

Had a L'Occitane rep on the phone tell me that L'Occitan EDT was more for summer but another said fall and winter and it was spicy. I asked a different lady and she said the Eau De Baux was less spicy than the L'Occitan EDT. So their advice was the opposite. From the notes it looks like loccitan is spicier then EDB. I got EDB in the mail and it smells really good. I just thought they made had the two mixed up.