Code of Conduct
    Dependent

Default Powerful, seductive, sensual

im looking for a fragrance that is very sensual and playful. a scent that screams power and very seductive. a unique scent something where ill never hear " my ex boyfriend use to wear that" or " that remind me of so and so" (im 21) price is no issue. a scent where you can go from having an amazing playful date to when getting to the sheets nothing but pure love making or just going all out where shells never forget the feel the site the taste the noises but most important the SMELL

i can see you guys are taking this as something that will make me "suave'' in no way am i looking for that im simply looking for something that will add to experience thank you all so far that have provided your opinion
    Last edited by calilove; 15th August 2012 at 08:25 PM.

Default Re: Powerful, seductive, sensual

Quote Originally Posted by calilove View Post
    im looking for a fragrance that is very sensual and playful. a scent that screams power and very seductive. a unique scent something where ill never hear " my ex boyfriend use to wear that" or " that remind me of so and so" (im 21) price is no issue. a scent where you can go from having an amazing playful date to when getting to the sheets nothing but pure love making or just going all out where shells never forget the feel the site the taste the noises but most important the SMELL
    Dolce + Gabanna no. 6 le Amoreux

Chanel Egoiste Platinum

Basenotes Junkie

Musc Ravageur
    Dior Homme Intense
    L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme

BTW, making duplicate posts in two subforums is frowned upon.

Dependent

i say price dont matter and you throw a 500 dollar fragrance!!! you sir i like!!! i will be sampling this very soon

YSL Body Kouros
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Unfortunately, all your descriptors are subjective. What's seductive to one person isn't to another.

I strongly agree with the sentiment to not smell like something your playmate associates with someone else. This really does rule out most anything you'll find in widespread dept stores (with a few exceptions, perhaps).

I don't see it mentioned much at all on these boards, but women I know often point to Michael Germain's Sexual as very awesome. I had a bottle at one time, but it went flat surprisingly quickly.

Personally, I really like vanilla scents, tobacco notes, or something refined and dark and playful like the Tom Ford line. Gourmandy stuff like vanilla notes are almost always welcome and can get you described as yummy.

Frags with a bit of musk can also set a particular mood as well, and will smell nice when swapping sweat later on.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by ElVee View Post
    Unfortunately, all your descriptors are subjective. What's seductive to one person isn't to another.

I strongly agree with the sentiment to not smell like something your playmate associates with someone else. This really does rule out most anything you'll find in widespread dept stores (with a few exceptions, perhaps).

I don't see it mentioned much at all on these boards, but women I know often point to Michael Germain's Sexual as very awesome. I had a bottle at one time, but it went flat surprisingly quickly.

Personally, I really like vanilla scents, tobacco notes, or something refined and dark and playful like the Tom Ford line. Gourmandy stuff like vanilla notes are almost always welcome and can get you described as yummy.

Frags with a bit of musk can also set a particular mood as well, and will smell nice when swapping sweat later on.

just trying to get everyones opinions and thank you for yours ive had alot of curiosity on tom fords line its about time i go an try em

On the tobacco/boozy/powerhouse side- Burberry London for Men, Fahrenheit Absolue or Zino Davidoff
    On the gourmand side- YSL La Nuit de l'Homme EDP

Parfum d'Habit by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier or Guerlain Derby.

Keep in mind that power, the ability to seduce and sensuality have nothing to do with the fragrance a man chooses to wear.

It comes from the man himself.\

That said: http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...duce-with.html
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

As others said, certain preferences are very personal. To some, Muscs Koublai Khan is the ultimate under the sheet perfume ("lover in barbaric furs" and similar under the sheets cozy feelings according to perfume critic Tania Sanchez); to others, it's just unclean.

I second the idea of Derby, masculine, rich, and hard to think of it as disagreeable. As well as Le Labo Oud 27 (though that would work just as well, or badly, on a woman).

cacio

Another for Derby.

Hmm, I just recently bought Derby and wouldn't think of it as sensual. Then again, I haven't given it a full wearing yet. I can kind of see it.

I agree with Primrose that the power to attract comes from the individual, not the scent. That said, here are my recommendations:

Tom Ford Oud Wood: I find it very suave, sensual, sweet and woody, although not as distinctive as Derby.

MFK Absolue pour le Soir: Try this and I guarantee no female will say "This smells like my old bf." Genghis Khan might have smelled like this. Test first, as this one can be polarizing.

FM Carnal Flower: I've found CF to be very seductive, surprisingly. It's not traditionally masculine, but some people just go nuts over it (I think it's the magical white musk drydown). You could argue that it's powerful in the sense that it takes a pretty confident guy to wear it without care to its very intense floral character. I've had female friends say they can't imagine it on a woman though, so go figure.

TL Pour Lui

You have to know the type of woman you're going on a date with. Is she bold? Is she shy? Is she brainy? Is she very independent? Is she into pop culture?

Surely you realize that a perfume on a woman that might drive me wild might also do nothing for you. We're two different guys, each with our own taste, right? Different women like different things too.

The only advice that really makes sense for choosing the kind of scent you're looking for is this: Give thought to what kind of many you are, especially in terms of looks, taste and personality. Then give thought to what sort of woman you're most attracted to using the same criteria. Seek scents that fit who YOU are while also appealing to HER taste.

For example: I'm smart and witty, very much an urbanite. I'd rather play scrabble at a pub than go on a hike. I'm a sucker for bookish girl-next-door type women. That combination has Gucci Pour Homme II written all over it. If you're more of an outdoorsman who is into aggressive and edgy women, you'd probably want something more like Fahrenheit.

- Who are YOU?
    - Who are the women you like?
    ...Find a scent that fits that combination.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes22 View Post
    I agree with Primrose that the power to attract comes from the individual, not the scent.
    YES.

Like I said: Know who you are. Know what sort of woman you're looking for. The right scent will fit YOU while appealing to HER taste too.

Keep in mind that power, the ability to seduce and sensuality have nothing to do with the fragrance a man chooses to wear.

It comes from the man himself.
    It is my belief that an attractive perfume works on others, while a genuinely sexy perfume works on oneself; it's easy to feel confident and charming when encompassed by a scent which strikes your nose as redolent of confidence and charm. The right scent won't make an awkward person suddenly suave, but having the capacity to do something and being able to do it in the moment are very different matters. Compared to some things people use to give themselves a push fragrance is pretty grounded.

To the OP: buy Cool Water. Now buy every Cool Water flanker, including those for the women's Cool Water. Mix them up in a bucket and upend it over your head.

I'm not saying it'll help. I'm just curious about what it'd smell like and I wouldn't do it myself.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Miket View Post
    It is my belief that an attractive perfume works on others, while a genuinely sexy perfume works on oneself; it's easy to feel confident and charming when encompassed by a scent which strikes your nose as redolent of confidence and charm. The right scent won't make an awkward person suddenly suave, but having the capacity to do something and being able to do it in the moment are very different matters. Compared to some things people use to give themselves a push fragrance is pretty grounded.

To the OP: buy Cool Water. Now buy every Cool Water flanker, including those for the women's Cool Water. Mix them up in a bucket and upend it over your head.

I'm not saying it'll help. I'm just curious about what it'd smell like and I wouldn't do it myself.
    im not looking for something make me suave just something to add to the experience

FM - Musc Ravageur
    Dior Homme Intense
    Lab on Fire - What We Do in Paris is Secret
    Prada Amber Intense

Jubilation XXV or not so expencive- Gucci Envy

Green Irish Tweed
    La Nuit de l'Homme

I know you said price is no issue but Reguardless of the low price of around 35 dollars via interweb, this truely is what you are looking for The Dreamer by versache, I lived around the chicago area and i have never smelled it on anyone and it creats an aura of playful mysteriousness, mystery as you know can be very sensual. Although i'm not sure this projects power. But it is one to try and it might be the one you are looking for

L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme eau Extreme EDP...can't go wrong with that "beast"

Check out Oud&Bergamot by Jo Malone it's like the kick ass version of Aventus.

This is what women want in the sheets nowadays:

Are you man enough?

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    First thing that came to mind as soon as I saw that price isn't an issue

Dependent

you guys are all so amazing and have provided such great information thank you all!!!

Rose or Incense Oud.

im not looking for something make me suave just something to add to the experience
    I was making that comment to the poster I quoted. Wasn't about suggestions for you. I was illustrating that while a perfume won't change who a person is and what they're ultimately capable of in social terms it can certainly help a person to reach their potential.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Miket View Post
    I was making that comment to the poster I quoted. Wasn't about suggestions for you. I was illustrating that while a perfume won't change who a person is and what they're ultimately capable of in social terms it can certainly help a person to reach their potential.

beautifully put

You're going to need to experiment and bear in mind that there is no jack of all trades/universal scent that will appeal to all women. Kouros/Muscs Koublai Khan will be heaven to one woman, repulsive to another. Musc Ravaguer/Tobacco Vanille could work wonders on certain women, yet could be classed as too sweet and feminine by others. With that said, you need to vary your arsenal, yet start with the closet thing you'll get to a "universal" fragrance and that's Green Irish Tweed.

Banned

A*Men
    Black Aoud