Code of Conduct

Default Burberry for Men

Thanks to Craigslist, I just bought never-before-used bottles of Burberry for Men (1.7 oz), Clinique Chemistry (3.4 oz), and Escada pour Homme (4.2 oz).....for a TOTAL of $20. All were blind buys--I've never smelled any of them before, but after a little research, I think I'll like the Escada and (maybe) the Burberry. I might pass the Clinique off to my wife

Anyway--I'm new to fragrances, so right now, I'm just collecting a bunch of samples in order to find what I like. In the meantime, in what season will the Burberry work best? At first sniff, it seems like a fall scent, but again...I'm new...so whatever you can tell me, I'll listen. Thanks.

Oh...and the Escada did not have a lid. Suggestions as to how to keep it fresh the longest? Thanks again.
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

Default Re: Burberry for Men

The Burberry would work just fine in any season IMO.

Basenotes Junkie

to me craigslist seems even more sketchy than ebay, but I guess if it's local you can at least inspect the bottles in person? I would be ultra paranoid buying from some random guy on CL.

Welcome!

Nice haul for $20!! Don't worry about the lid on the Escada unless it's leaking. The important thing is to keep your fragrances away from sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by >BOOMER< View Post
    Welcome!

Nice haul for $20!! Don't worry about the lid on the Escada unless it's leaking. The important thing is to keep your fragrances away from sunlight.
    Thanks...I was impressed. Like 2ndBakeryAttack said, you have to be careful w/CL transactions. I only do it if the deal is awesome and the person is easy to work with. I don't need to worry about the lid, though? Most of what I've read says air is bad...and this is a LARGE bottle of a scent that's not to be worn every day--meaning, it's going to be around awhile. You think I'm okay?
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

Oh, I'm overly curious about Escada PH and Chemestry. They're hard to find around here.
    Burberry is quite light IMO and so I'd wear all year around.
    If the Escada is a splash bottle, decant it.
    Last edited by Alvus; 17th August 2012 at 05:08 AM.