Code of Conduct

Default New fragrance alert - Parfumerie Gnrale - DjHenn No.22

Available from September 2012

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of Parfumerie Gnrale, Pierre Guillaume has created his second new perfume this year which now occupies the remaining free space in his numbered collection: PG22 DjHenn is inspired by the city of Djenne in Mali, which lies on an island in the Niger delta. The fragrance evokes the lush greenery of an oasis.

Pierre sums up the effect of the perfume with the remark "give yourself to the sun.” DjHenn is like a warm shadow. A leathery veil of golden wheat and myrrh, that offers protection from the scorching with delicate mint leaves and seringa blossoms.

Sightseeing in an oasis, Pierre Guillaume presents us with an aromatic, woody orchestration of leather and warm sand, swaying between floral freshness and a chord of gray lavender, spearmint, lilac and the warmth of a bright leather note composed of blue cedar, myrrh essence, wheat and cocoa bean absolute.

Fragrance composition:

Topnote: Lavender, Spearmint, Lilac, Seringa Blossom

Heartnote: Cocoa, Cedarwood

Basenote: Myrrh, Wheat

how come there are no news about this and for how long it has been flying under the radar unnoticed, it's beyond me!
    Last edited by danny1967; 16th August 2012 at 02:59 PM.

Default Re: New fragrance alert - Parfumerie Gnrale - DjHenn No.22

I'm intrigued. Lavender and spearmind sound like a nice combo, not sure how cocoa will do in this one. And wheat - if it will be similar to wheat and hay from Duel by Annick Goutal then I'm not able to wear it.

Thanks for this info. Sounds interesting.

The details have been up on the PG Facebook page for awhile. They are discontinuing one of the other numbered fragrances to make room for it.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    The details have been up on the PG Facebook page for awhile. They are discontinuing one of the other numbered fragrances to make room for it.
    i don't 'follow' anyone on facebook and have not read anything anywhere (perfume websites, blogs, etc), have only 'discovered' this by accident when calling les senteurs to ask if they had any mpg ambre dore news.. i've checked, nothing on fragrantica, basenotes, not even on parfumerie generale website.
    what can i say, i like to share and be the bearer of good news.
    Last edited by danny1967; 16th August 2012 at 05:11 PM.

Power Where You Need It

I love Parfumerie Generale, thanks for the tip Danny...

The name though....sounds like a goa-trance dj

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Danny!
    At Aus Liebe Zum Duft aka First in Fragrance there's written they'll have this perfume starting from 14 September

I didn't mean it as a dig at you Danny. You said that how come no news on this one? Pychotrope is being discontinued from the range in September. Les Senteurs will have the new one on its release date.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    Danny!
    At Aus Liebe Zum Duft aka First in Fragrance there's written they'll have this perfume starting from 14 September
    YES I KNOW!! as soon as i put down the phone with les senteurs i started googling for the info, the above article that i posted is from 'first in fragrance' it's the only website that had details about the new perfume, couldn't find anything anywhere else. strange how a major release like this one goes completely unnoticed up until the date release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    I didn't mean it as a dig at you Danny. You said that how come no news on this one? Pychotrope is being discontinued from the range in September. Les Senteurs will have the new one on its release date.
    no harm done. as i have explained to lucas, couldn't find anything about it apart from the info on 'first in fragrance' website and that it would be available form 14th sept. nothing else anywhere. so like a good boy, i thought i'd give a 'heads up' to all my fellow basenoters. i wouldn't have said anything if someone else before me would've written about it.
    Last edited by danny1967; 17th August 2012 at 09:25 AM.

I hear Iilang Ivohibe is being discontinued But also the guy at Les Senteurs told me they were scrapping Cedre Sandaraque...
    Has anyone tried this yet - I'm so tempted to blind buy it, but I've heard the press release describe it as "soft" and "subtle" - that worries me.

Psychotrope has been discontinued, so whatever stock is out there is it. Les Senteurs did tell me this some months ago and I did ask on the PG facebook page and they confirmed it.

Cedre Sandaraque is getting a lot of love on the male forum in PG threads.
    DONNA

Ahh yes - I heard it was between the three - I forgot about Psychotrope - not a fan of it myself.
    Cedre Sandaraque bizarrely reminded me a lot of Fahrenheit, only much easier to wear and a touch sweeter.
    Looking forward to hearing thoughts on Djhenne though!

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    I hear Iilang Ivohibe is being discontinued But also the guy at Les Senteurs told me they were scrapping Cedre Sandaraque...
    Has anyone tried this yet - I'm so tempted to blind buy it, but I've heard the press release describe it as "soft" and "subtle" - that worries me.
    i've tried it & i'm not impressed. it's a mash between several of his previous fragrances, mainly bois blond with a touch of felanilla and harmatan noir, cannot detect any leather whatsoever unless we are talking an extremely soft suede, it's another vanilic, hay'ish gourmand, it's starting to get predictable and boring. i'll give it a full wearing maybe tomorrow, when i've tested it on my wrist it lasted phenomenally long.
    btw, les senteurs started selling already.

Quote Originally Posted by danny1967 View Post
    i've tried it & i'm not impressed. it's a mash between several of his previous fragrances, mainly bois blond with a touch of felanilla and harmatan noir, cannot detect any leather whatsoever unless we are talking an extremely soft suede, it's another vanilic, hay'ish gourmand, it's starting to get predictable and boring. i'll give it a full wearing maybe tomorrow, when i've tested it on my wrist it lasted phenomenally long.
    btw, les senteurs started selling already.

I did think as much from the notes list - I could almost sell it knowing his style. That's a shame, I was hoping it would have a radical twist of some sort - I guess I'll still try hunt down a sample. Thanks for the info danny.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    I did think as much from the notes list - I could almost sell it knowing his style. That's a shame, I was hoping it would have a radical twist of some sort - I guess I'll still try hunt down a sample. Thanks for the info danny.
    i 'succumbed' to my latest acquisition and i'm wearing black tourmaline today, when i tested it on my wrist found it quite intoxicating and definitely not one for the warm weather. i still want to give it a full wearing but i'm not curious anymore, if you want the sample give me your address and i'll send it to you. don't contact les senteurs, they charge 5 for a sample. mine is free (with compliments).

Power Where You Need It

what's wrong with many niche brands as of late? Let's put it like this: If I'd want to be rude I'd say that, after an interesting opening of lavender and minty undertones, the fragrance smells like a dozen Montale's going from Red Aoud to Dark Aoud via Aoud Musk and Chocolate Greedy but just a little bit more sophisticated and "restrained"....

If I'd want to be polite I'd say it smells like a mash up between Kokorico, Dsquared2 Potion, Opus V and a dozen Montale's previously mentioned...

Not completely bad if you're fine with the typical modern harsh-intenselychemical-woody-incensey base but....Deja-vu Deja-vu Deja-vu

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    what's wrong with many niche brands as of late? Let's put it like this: If I'd want to be rude I'd say that, after an interesting opening of lavender and minty undertones, the fragrance smells like a dozen Montale's going from Red Aoud to Dark Aoud via Aoud Musk and Chocolate Greedy but just a little bit more sophisticated and "restrained"....

If I'd want to be polite I'd say it smells like a mash up between Kokorico, Dsquared2 Potion, Opus V and a dozen Montale's previously mentioned...

Not completely bad if you're fine with the typical modern harsh-intenselychemical-woody-incensey base but....Deja-vu Deja-vu Deja-vu
    damn alfarom, that's it!!! it was bugging me for days the 'familiar' smell, i just couldn't put my finger on it, it's dsquare2 potion! thank you!! to be honest, i am almost relieved as my credit card will get some respite but i agree with you, it's just lazy. as for pierre guillaume himself, you only have to look for 1min at his other 'lines' (huitieme art and phaedon) to realize he kind of lost interest in his own original creation.

Lucky me! A kind friend sent me a decant! Already! God people are sooo kind.

Yeah, so, Djhenne.

A very, very fleeting lavender then a vaguely gourmand chocolatey.............well.......... Oud. Or maybe Oud and Norlimbanol.

I think that it is quite nice, but just quite nice. If you would prefer it wthout the chocolate and with more grrrrrrrr, try Ramon Monegal Agar Musk.

Thanks Foustie! I was interested to try this. I might still do when I happen to see it at the local store, but my hunger is nearly stilled.

There is a review of Djhenne on 1000 Fragrances today, with Octavian praising it very highly indeed.

Yeah, I just saw that, and Coconut mentioned it on her facebook page as well today . . . must corner her at some point and check it out! I really need to try more of this guys stuff.