Code of Conduct

Default Givenchy Eau de Vetyver?

So I found a bottle of vintage Vetyver by Givenchy that I am about to pull the trigger on. Im buying it blind because how often do find this(!?), and I was just curious what to expect. Anyone have a bottle that wants to give their opinion on it? Much appreciated!!

Default Re: Givenchy Eau de Vetyver?

Let us know what you think of it when it arrives.

good choice...it's VERY hard to find. Expect a top quality no-surprise vetiver. Just amazing.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Hi, I have an almost full bottle (without the box) of the original Givenchy Eau de Vetyver which I'd like to sell. Please send me a private message. (Jan 2012)

I recently purchased a bottle of what was advertised as vintage Givenchy Eau de Vetyver, but the packaging leaves me suspect. Would any of you experts let me know whether Givenchy ever produced a version that looks as follows:

Given the lack of the traditional Givenchy logo on the box, I'm a little concerned as to its authenticity.

Any feedback greatly appreciated. I purchased it on eBay from someone with a 100% positive rating.

Pinnacos

I'd love to know more about this one also. I have never personally seen a Monsieur de Givenchy labeled as an "Eau de Vetyver" The bottle looks pretty old and the labeling on the bottle looks pretty convincing. You might have a rare one there!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

The box is consistent with that used for the oldest examples of 'Monsieur de Givenchy' that I've seen.

Given that Monsieur de Givenchy and Eau de Vetyver came out in the same year (1959), it's maybe not entirely surprising that they might have started off using the same packaging / branding, before the introduction of the 'Greek key' logo / packaging.

That's great news, but should I assume now that the contents are the first version of Monsieur de Givenchy, and not Givenchy's Eau de Vetyver?

Pinnacos

Monsieur de givenchy eau de "VETYVER" ????? I'm really concerned.....

$_35.JPG
    Raiders of the Lost Scent: Journey in the Realm of Lost Perfumes
    http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspot.it.

could it be ... misprinted? maybe it ment to be 'toilette' instead 'vetyver'.... well, does it smell like vetiver?
    the colors on the eau de vetyver (which i have) are green and black. both bottle and box
    offsite sales: http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=301

current top 4 houses, random order: Vero Profumo, Slumberhouse, MFK, Roja Dove

favourite categories: oriental semi-gourmands, ouds, vetivers

I just received the bottle along with the enclosed pamphlet showing the whole series of Givenchy men's fragrances at the time. This is the real stuff. Apparently what is now simply called Givenchy Eau de Vetyver was originally Monsieur de Givenchy Eau de Vetyver. Damn this stuff smells amazing. I've attached the front and back of the little pamphlet that came enclosed.

Pinnacos
    Last edited by Pinnacos; 3rd April 2014 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacos View Post
    I just received the bottle along with the enclosed pamphlet showing the whole series of Givenchy men's fragrances at the time. This is the real stuff. Apparently what is now simply called Givenchy Eau de Vetyver was originally Monsieur de Givenchy Eau de Vetyver. Damn this stuff smells amazing. I've attached the front and back of the little pamphlet that came enclosed.Pinnacos

This is indeed a great find...Enjoy.

I've been hunting this for a bit now...

thanks for posting these photos. i think it is actually called just vetyver now. i have a version called eau de vetyver (without the monsieur)
    that is vintage too... maybe a packing made after the one seen here.
    offsite sales: http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=301

current top 4 houses, random order: Vero Profumo, Slumberhouse, MFK, Roja Dove

favourite categories: oriental semi-gourmands, ouds, vetivers

Anyway a REALLY good and rare gem!
    Enjoy it!
    My current top 10 (with no particular order):
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Dior Homme Intense
    Dior Fahrenheit
    Costume National Scent Intense
    Terre d'Hermes EDT
    CK Eternity for Men
    Creed Aventus
    YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme (Old Tin Can)
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt
    Costume National Homme