Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default My Amouage Attar Addiction

This is where I am at right now. I think I should be set for a little while!! At least I hope so.

Al Andalus Attar 30 ml
    Al Mas Attar 30 ml
    Asrer (Asrar ) Attar 12 ml
    Ayoon Al Maha Attar 12 ml
    Badr Al Badour 30 ml
    Bahja for Man Attar 12 ml
    Basma Attar 12 ml
    Homage Attar 12ML
    Molook Attar 12 ml
    Oudh Al Masarat 6ML
    Ruh Al Ward Attar 12 ml
    Salamah Attar 12 ml
    Silver Oud Attar 12 ml
    Tayyiba Attar 30 ml
    Tribute Attar 12ML
    Rose Taif 12 ml
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." Winston Churchill

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Amouage Attar Addiction

This is impressive! Where did you get them, most are not even available in the US...

cacio

Post Thanks / Like

+1 for Tribute Attar!

I agree.. very impressive.

I'm actually just on the verge of getting Tribute...
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

You almost have as many attars as I have total bottles of fragrances.

I got them from here. http://www.asf-dubaishop.com
    Only fees were the fed ex charge to the US. and they all had labels on them so I knew which was which!!!
    Currently wearing Oud Ishaq from Ensar oud and Salamah!! Amazing!!!!
    I keep hearing that they are not available in the US but I kept looking for someone to sell to me here and finally found them!
    I have a bit of an addiction with attar's/oud/ mixes. Throw in the straight razor's, knives, guns etc and it is an ongoing issue!!!

Paul
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." Winston Churchill

Post Thanks / Like

I was very close to purchasing Tribute, but last minute I read about batch inconsistencies, and I just don't want to risk that kind of money. I might reconsider when I hear differently.

tribute is amazing!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

In your honest opinion, which is the best?

Homage has been on my radar, but I shy away due to the price.

Power Where You Need It
    Post Thanks / Like

A picture would be nice

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    A picture would be nice
    Hahaha...tell me about it. Nothing like organizing a $3,000+ Collection of fragrance to show off to your internet buddies

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be curious to hear a ranking from str8shooter too. Homage, regrettably, seems to have been watered down, or at least to suffer from Creed-type batch problems. My favorite sub $500 I smelled in a store in Italy are the ones I bought, Tribute and Molook. I also loved a couple of over $500 (which I didn't buy), forgot the names, one was a sort of oud with a potent dark musk, another one the pure oud (which was almost $2,000).

I'm still trying to understand which of the attar smelled like rotten parmesan (though, to be honest, it is possible that the store tester had gone rancid). Another one started like rotten fish, but then after 30 mins it became a regular, and pleasant, oud.

cacio

A worthy addiction as the attars from Amouage are among the finest frags they do.

How do I post a pic here? I cant find how unless I have a link to it and I don't have any pics of them posted anywhere..
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like

yes i know the addiction.

this is 2010... got after the pic Majan 12 and 30 ml , Afrah 12 and 30 ml... also shams al doha 30ml , Aydia and and farah.

Quote Originally Posted by psychoskip View Post
    In your honest opinion, which is the best?

Homage has been on my radar, but I shy away due to the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I'd be curious to hear a ranking from str8shooter too. Homage, regrettably, seems to have been watered down, or at least to suffer from Creed-type batch problems. My favorite sub $500 I smelled in a store in Italy are the ones I bought, Tribute and Molook. I also loved a couple of over $500 (which I didn't buy), forgot the names, one was a sort of oud with a potent dark musk, another one the pure oud (which was almost $2,000).

I'm still trying to understand which of the attar smelled like rotten parmesan (though, to be honest, it is possible that the store tester had gone rancid). Another one started like rotten fish, but then after 30 mins it became a regular, and pleasant, oud.

cacio
    Ranking these for me is like ranking the difference between my rifles, pistals and shotguns. They all have a different use.
    I tend to think of them as being "bright" or "dark". And then there are the Oud ones, silver oud and Oudh Al Masarat which delve off into a different area for me as I love my Oud's!!!!! I actually have them grouped right now as that. This will definately take a minute to think on....

- - - Updated - - -

that is NICE moreda!! How do you post a pic here? does it have to be a link/url????

Holy nutbuster pic

Edit: 1000th post. Sweet!

Crappy pic but it was a quick down and dirty shot. I'll try to make something better later.

Congrats! When does your Homage Attar date from? I tried the modern reformulation of that one last week and unfortunately they've really ruined it. The older bottle is quite beautiful but the modern one is so harsh and edgy by comparison.

Such a shame as it was a beautiful quality scent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry to be negative - those bottles are gorgeous! - but there was a thread here recently where someone called Amouage to get information on their attars and Amouage said that the only two attars they make are Homage and Tribute. All the rest that they sell (most notably on Zahras) are counterfeits.

That being said, this is the internet and information is unreliable and I know nothing.

Have you guys bought these at the Amouage stores? I'm really curious and would love to try them if it can be confirmed that the guy who says he called Amouage was wrong.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Post Thanks / Like

Rogalal:

Amouage makes dozens of attars. But they only market two in the US, Homage and Tribute. I don't know what was said in the call, but I assume that the interpretation is that they do not guarantee the other attars, as they're not distributed by them here. But nothing prevents a company in the Gulf, say, to ship stuff here. In Italy, there's a store that sells (or sold) 18 of them. I understand that in the Gulf there are several dozens different ones. I've never purchased any Amouage at Zahras so I don't know about this case in particular4. The ASAQs I got there smell legit - or at least very good.

cacio

this is where I got them from
    http://www.asf-dubaishop.com

Post Thanks / Like

How much is shipping to US on that site?
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

Post Thanks / Like

Rogalal:

Amouage makes dozens of attars. But they only market two in the US, Homage and Tribute. I don't know what was said in the call, but I assume that the interpretation is that they do not guarantee the other attars, as they're not distributed by them here. But nothing prevents a company in the Gulf, say, to ship stuff here. In Italy, there's a store that sells (or sold) 18 of them. I understand that in the Gulf there are several dozens different ones. I've never purchased any Amouage at Zahras so I don't know about this case in particular4. The ASAQs I got there smell legit - or at least very good.

cacio
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    This is where I am at right now. I think I should be set for a little while!! At least I hope so.

Al Andalus Attar 30 ml
    Al Mas Attar 30 ml
    Asrer (Asrar ) Attar 12 ml
    Ayoon Al Maha Attar 12 ml
    Badr Al Badour 30 ml
    Bahja for Man Attar 12 ml
    Basma Attar 12 ml
    Homage Attar 12ML
    Molook Attar 12 ml
    Oudh Al Masarat 6ML
    Ruh Al Ward Attar 12 ml
    Salamah Attar 12 ml
    Silver Oud Attar 12 ml
    Tayyiba Attar 30 ml
    Tribute Attar 12ML
    Rose Taif 12 ml
    Very nice addiction!

@hednic
    Thanks!
    @heperd
    I thought it was ok. FEDEX from UAE $90. No tax and the cost on them was good. I would not want to make many small purchases but 1 or 2 large ones works well.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear,

soem attars are discontinued .
    Yet i got them from a direct source at amouage.
    A friend of mine works there and they literally blended some bottles for me.

so it is wrong informantion , amouage produces allot of attars for locale market.

Post Thanks / Like

Moreda:

you should ask your friend whether they have indeed watered down stuff (like Homage, or the alcohol perfumes Gold and Ubar).

cacio

Post Thanks / Like

Homage differ from batch to batch.. so n reason to panic.
    sometiems the oud is more pronounced some times the rose or the orange blossom like notes.
    i have 3 different batches.

All the edp vintages are reformulated.... gold... has almost no silver frankincense any more.... it is more synth.

Post Thanks / Like

Moreda:

Thanks for verifying what we'd been saying for months. That Amouage cannot maintain consistent attar quality among batches is a little troublesome. How is a customer supposed to know what he's buying? They don't even put the year, as wine bottles do. If you can smell (which is rare), you cannot even be sure that it's a tester from the same batch.

cacio

I wish I had something to base this on. Past purchases of samples prior to buying have been the same. Granted that I have not had samples for all the different ones I have but 5 of them yes.
    Clearly the ones like Silver Oudh and the two Oud's they have must be blends and therefore different over time though.

Post Thanks / Like

We don't have attars here, so we were basing our discussions on Homage, which is a blend and thus should be more stable than others. Yet even that seems to have fluctuated in recent years. Perhaps, it is a thing of the past few years. I also supsect that Amouage is following IFRA even in their attars, which would be a total shame.

cacio

We don't have attars here, so we were basing our discussions on Homage, which is a blend and thus should be more stable than others. Yet even that seems to have fluctuated in recent years. Perhaps, it is a thing of the past few years. I also supsect that Amouage is following IFRA even in their attars, which would be a total shame.

cacio
    I'm Conus in Houston. Bought them over the internet from UAE. I've gotten samples from the perfumed court prior to buying but most of the ones in 12ml or 30ml I had never smelled. LOL It was a HUGE blind buy!!!!

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Crappy pic but it was a quick down and dirty shot. I'll try to make something better later.
    Wow! Enjoy.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Post Thanks / Like

I am aware that all of these attars hold a special place in your collection. But, just say ,god forbid, that there was some natural disaster and you could only grab one and only one ..........which would one would you save ?

As of now I am enjoying my Tribute Attar ....each time brings out more of the depth and gravitas to this masterful attar from Amouage. I wonder if anybody else feels how the comfort factor with Tribute improves with each and every wearing. My initial reaction was one of confusion as I kept getting this smoky sweet earthiness with some peat hovering in the background. Today the leather is finding a rich voice and I am loving its sounds.
    Take it from one scent fan , after 300 samples and an ever expanding collection, this Tribute Attar regardless of price is one that can't be denied a place in my top 5 or 6 list.
    Overall, I think given its solid well balanced structure, Tribute Attar will be a never boring or tedious scent for years to come.
    Was the money spent worth it with Tribute Attar?.....I think most definately as it more and more an investment for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    Congrats! When does your Homage Attar date from? I tried the modern reformulation of that one last week and unfortunately they've really ruined it. The older bottle is quite beautiful but the modern one is so harsh and edgy by comparison.
    Such a shame as it was a beautiful quality scent.
    It is over a year old and quite calm Kron. I wonder if the fact that the new ones are "young" make them less edgy? Similar to Oud? They are oils after all???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stanmar View Post
    I am aware that all of these attars hold a special place in your collection. But, just say ,god forbid, that there was some natural disaster and you could only grab one and only one ..........which would one would you save ?

As of now I am enjoying my Tribute Attar ....each time brings out more of the depth and gravitas to this masterful attar from Amouage. I wonder if anybody else feels how the comfort factor with Tribute improves with each and every wearing. My initial reaction was one of confusion as I kept getting this smoky sweet earthiness with some peat hovering in the background. Today the leather is finding a rich voice and I am loving its sounds.
    Take it from one scent fan , after 300 samples and an ever expanding collection, this Tribute Attar regardless of price is one that can't be denied a place in my top 5 or 6 list.
    Overall, I think given its solid well balanced structure, Tribute Attar will be a never boring or tedious scent for years to come.
    Was the money spent worth it with Tribute Attar?.....I think most definately as it more and more an investment for the future.
    I think it would be a toss up betweeen Tribute, Al Mas, Asrar, or Badr. But I see no situation where they all could not fit in my bug out bag with my Oud collection!!!! And if not, the gun safe is secure and Oils only get better with age!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    A worthy addiction as the attars from Amouage are among the finest frags they do.
    I agree

Ok i'm bloody peed off to the next level! I bought Al Mas today but cant seem to get the bloody top off! It seems its fused in to the bottle. I'm so worried about breaking the bottle! What do i do can anyone please advice?!

Post Thanks / Like

You're not in London are you? The easiest thing would be to bring it to their store and see what they can do. Otherwise, maybe try to girate the stopper in a corkscrew motion. It may have been some oil drying up inside the space between the stopper and the flacon neck. Try to shake the content to see if you can get some liquid to smoothen the stopper.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Post Thanks / Like

Just pull. Really. Mine was quite stuck, but if you keep pulling and twisting it'll give up eventually. Just be steady and don't spill!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to London for the weekend and I'm going to check out the Sandalwood and Jasmine attars, maybe the Rose Ta'if one. I may also resample Tayyiba, which I tried a year or so ago and found wonderful, but back then I was shy of florals and thought it was too feminine... maybe that's changed now.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Post Thanks / Like

WoOoW, this is incredible.
    The butterfly
    perfuming its wings
    fans the orchid

--Basho

Quote Originally Posted by teepeeasel View Post
    WoOoW, this is incredible.
    LOL What is?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I bid on AL SHOMUKH Attar 12ml on EBAY...Up to 200 British Pounds...STUPID EBAY didn't take my last bid of 210 pounds, 5 seconds left and EBAY kept saying "Must bid higher than current bid" I bid 210 pounds and it went for 199 so I have no idea what was wrong with EBAY. some lucky person got the bottle for 199 pounds. I am obsessed with getting some of these discontinued Attars. I guess I 'll wait and see if he was a BN'er who wants it for a split.
    Last edited by Possum-Pie; 3rd February 2013 at 05:11 PM.
    For Sale: Gengis Kahn, Mona d' Orio, Penhaligons.

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    I bid on AL SHOMUKH Attar 12ml on EBAY...Up to 200 British Pounds...STUPID EBAY didn't take my last bid of 210 pounds, 5 seconds left and EBAY kept saying "Must bid higher than current bid" I bid 210 pounds and it went for 199 so I have no idea what was wrong with EBAY. some lucky person got the bottle for 199 pounds. I am obsessed with getting some of these discontinued Attars. I guess I 'll wait and see if he was a BN'er who wants it for a split.
    This and Santal are my two unicorn Attar's. I'll let you know how this bottle compare's to the samples I have tried!!!
    Yup. I got it!

Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This and Santal are my two unicorn Attar's. I'll let you know how this bottle compare's to the samples I have tried!!!
    Yup. I got it!

Paul
    LOL congrats Str8shooter! I don't know what happened, I was going to sneek in and get it, but with 5 seconds, EBAY crapped out on me...Enjoy, let me know how it is...

Lol! I love it! There are people out here just as crazy as me! Such an expensive habit.......but thankfully a harmless one compared to crack or any other comparable bad habits....... Still for the sake of our wallets I believe we should attend AA meetings..........let me start by saying: My name is Sultan and I'm an AMOUAGE ADDICT!
    (disclaimer: to all the sensitive basenoters out here, I meant no offence by the above post)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sultanpasha View Post
    Lol! I love it! There are people out here just as crazy as me! Such an expensive habit.......but thankfully a harmless one compared to crack or any other comparable bad habits....... Still for the sake of our wallets I believe we should attend AA meetings..........let me start by saying: My name is Sultan and I'm an AMOUAGE ADDICT!
    (disclaimer: to all the sensitive basenoters out here, I meant no offence by the above post)
    LOL: "My name is Daniel and the more expensive the juice, the more obsessed I am with trying it!"

Nice!

I don't think Bill W would object to it and anyone that is part of AA would find the humor in it.
    I do!!!!
    After all in their Big Book it says, "We are not a glum lot"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    LOL congrats Str8shooter! I don't know what happened, I was going to sneek in and get it, but with 5 seconds, EBAY crapped out on me...Enjoy, let me know how it is...
    Well It still has to come in and I'm praying it's right. Buying Attar's on Ebay scares me as it would be to easy to just fill with whatever....

I'm Paul and I'm also an Amouage addict!

Crowd: "Hi Paul"

Think 'AA' is too short..... Think should be AAA instead.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup. I got it!

Paul
    hahaha i was bidding on that too ...just was not sure because of musk in it and some guys said...its synthetic .....i felt bad i missed it, and imagined some girl who bought it LOL

Whether the musk is synthetic or not is irrelevant...........Al Shomoukh is just pure sexiness that lasts for a considerable amount of time. Paul mate if you got the real stuff than you got yourself a bargain and some truly amazing juice. Out of my entire collection Al Shomoukh, Majan and Tribute are my absolute favorites. Bear in mind each attar has different characteristics suitable for different situations and atmospheres.

Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post
    hahaha i was bidding on that too ...just was not sure because of musk in it and some guys said...its synthetic .....i felt bad i missed it, and imagined some girl who bought it LOL

I can be bought!!!!

Whether the musk is synthetic or not is irrelevant...........Al Shomoukh is just pure sexiness that lasts for a considerable amount of time. Paul mate if you got the real stuff than you got yourself a bargain and some truly amazing juice. Out of my entire collection Al Shomoukh, Majan and Tribute are my absolute favorites. Bear in mind each attar has different characteristics suitable for different situations and atmospheres.
    I agree! I've had many samples of it from the perfumed court but could never find a bottle until now!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so now for the sandal. I am seeing sandal listed in a few places now. Anyone know if this is a new batch or what is going on? Someone done holding on to them and release a bunch?
    Last edited by str8shooter; 5th February 2013 at 12:13 AM.

Paul you talkin about sandal as in sandal wood by Amouage? I got it but is just plain ol mysore s.wood. Tenacious and longlasting and buttery ......but kinda Neh! ......you should try Majan if you can find it. Love it so much have two bottles of it! Majan is an very interesting take on sandal wood

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Would love to hear more about the Amouage Santal. I thoroughly enjoyed the Montale mysore sandalwood oil (that you can only buy in Montale shop) and would love to know how they compare.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Looks like I will have to get both!!
    Paul you talkin about sandal as in sandal wood by Amouage? I got it but is just plain ol mysore s.wood. Tenacious and longlasting and buttery ......but kinda Neh! ......you should try Majan if you can find it. Love it so much have two bottles of it! Majan is an very interesting take on sandal wood

Lol! Nutter!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I can be bought!!!!

I agree! I've had many samples of it from the perfumed court but could never find a bottle until now!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so now for the sandal. I am seeing sandal listed in a few places now. Anyone know if this is a new batch or what is going on? Someone done holding on to them and release a bunch?

Good question, its very easy to put something that is not mysore sandalwood, i doubt i could tell the difference if i never smelled it before:-) the price can tell a lot, but if this sandalwood is real indian it must be old, and i read price goes up by 25 % every year....in 2009 it could be bought for 60 pounds so the price of the attar is much higher now and is in line with that..but i would like to know as well if its still real like it used to be:-)

And on the musks:-) i believe Al Shomoukh is great! But i have noticed that i am sensitive to synthetic musks, and there are no real stuff nowdays, that's like a sure thing:-) ...that musk starts annoying me after some time, and i sometimes get something like soar note, i can not explain...i wear certain perfume and after 20 wearings, and usually only after 3_5 wearings...i keep noticing something banal and soar....and i connected this to musk, because Dia extrait has it in the base....and i don't think they use some cheap stuff in there:-) ?

And i read one guy wrote for al shomoukh , that musk in it kills it for him:-) , its not everyone who is overly sensitive to musks....so i do believe its gorgeous perfume! Was just not sure for myself....... and the bottle there was the real thing :-) was great opportunity

I tried Memoir for woman, i believe that one has the same white musk in it? Tested it just one time, and is yummie
    Last edited by iivanita; 5th February 2013 at 09:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

While we all are talking about Amouage Attars, which are "Must try"? I own Tribute, and (a sample of) Homage. I wonder what others I should try? I don't like florals, but I love the smokiness of Tribute...