Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone ever been to Les Senteurs in London?

I've always wanted to go there, haven't got the time - if someone has been there, can you tell me what it's like, are there wide varieties of Aftershaves/Colognes/Perfumes?

Thanks! I only live 20 miles from it but I have to drive into the congestion charge to get there :/

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anyone ever been to Les Senteurs in London?

There are two "Les Senteurs" shops in London; one close to Sloane Square, the other close to Marble Arch (Google for the maps). I have only been to the Sloane Square shop. It is quite small but stocked with a huge variety of niche and harder to get fragrances. The staff are friendly and helpful without being pushy. They let you get on with smelling stuff without constantly pushing you to buy something. They do not stock many mainstream brands but do have some real jewels. The web site is most informative. I would recommend anyone to make a visit. Better to go by tube, by the way.

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

I've been to the Marble Arch one. They were friendly and let me take away some free samples. However, I've had a sample go missing in the post and despite contacting them, haven't heard back about it.

I went to the Seymour Place shop just before xmas. There was a dude, think his name was Mark maybe (he does their tweeting). Had a 20 min consultation which was amazing, super helpful.

I went to the Seymour Place shop (2min walk from Marble Arch) last weekend and highly recommend it. Bear in mind, it is a very small shop, not exactly stuffed with perfume bottles, but I found what I was looking for (a large selection of Tauer perfumes). The sales people are super friendly and knowledgeable, not snooty or pushy at all. I knew what I wanted and just needed two sprays to decide which one I wanted, but my friend wanted something like "Wonderwood" and they gave him some great advice. They didn't mind much that we went away for an hour so see how the scent settled, and when we eventually bought, we were offered samples of other scents to try. They decanted a few Tauer scents for me to try, which is lovely, they won't just give you the samples they happen to have fromt eh producers, they actually give you samples of perfumes you want to try, or they make recommendations.

Other than that, a rather huge selection of Frederick Malle. Sadly, all the Serge Lutens is kept in their Elizabeth Street Store. perhaps another good reason to make the trek there is that its in the same street as Poilane (bakery), but it does close an hour earlier on weekends.

My favourite London perfume shop so far. Liberty is okay, too, but rather stinky and its difficult to distinguish what you just sprayed from the overpowering smell of the shop.