Code of Conduct

Default CK Shock Discontinued ALREADY???

CK Shock just came out last year, and I only discovered it yesterday. And now, as I call stores to find it, I am told by an SA she is "positive" it has been discontinued. Really? Unbelievable! Stores sell so much crap that should never have been created in the FIRST place, and yet they discontinue such a wonderful, medicinal cherry / patchouli fragrance as Shock? I hated the commercial (old one I saw on YouTube), and I hated the way it was marketed to high-school kids, but that intoxicating juice was enough to turn my head, which isn't very easily turned.
    Just because a fragrance is expensive, doesn’t necessarily make it smell better than a cheaper one.

I can still pray in the U.S.A. (For now, anyway.)

Default Re: CK Shock Discontinued ALREADY???

NEVER believe what some SA in shop says. It might be discontinued by some retailers but IMO it will be easy to get online for a long time.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Thierry Mugler Pure Energy

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. Dior Homme
    2. Eau des Baux
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme

No, it's on the Calvin Klein website amongst many other online outlets. Maybe the store simply doesn't carry the fragrance anymore. Shelf room is getting taken up by flankers of flankers of flankers. No room for CK Shock haha.

Yes it was discontinued around May of this year. Plenty of stock online still around.

That comes as a shock, huh? Someone probably told the managers that a few online-reviewers were actually saying good things about it. It was the only reasonable option for them.

I haven't found any information online that suggests the fragrance has been discontinued. Unless CK is keeping it up on their site because they have plenty of stock. However, in most cases the company will sell to a third party and remove from their site in the event of a discontinuation.
    http://www.calvinklein.com/product/i...uctId=11985786

I don't know if it was discontinued or not but I was surprised to see just yesterday it at my local TJ Maxx for around $25.00. Didn't buy it though.

Let's hope one can still stockpile this scent from online retailers.

I just saw a 6.7oz for $20 at Marshalls

To me this scent is rich and full, but maybe a lil too full its shocking, so I guess many will skip this so it would make sceense they are making room for something else.

Shock? Not

Basenotes Junkie

I blame the cartoonist looking bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    NEVER believe what some SA in shop says. It might be discontinued by some retailers but IMO it will be easy to get online for a long time.
    True.

I'm not sure it has been discontinued, but it seems to have moved to more bargain-oriented stores. Try Kohl's; I see it there regularly.

I just got the mini list of Coty fragrances for Fall 2012 and I'm pretty sure it's not listed. This is a list of all the main frags Coty (mainly Coty Prestige) has that are still in production, it even has the original Paco Rabanne listed there so it is quite extensive. I know it is not even in our system to ship to a customers home and it was taken off our shelves right after Christmas. I love this stuff and need to be lucky enough to find a 200ml bottle for $20 real soon. I think 2 bottles should last me more than a lifetime since this one is pretty damn potent. I wish they would have put this juice in the new Encounter bottle, maybe I could sell it. I think what happened was that the women's version was such a huge failure they just lumped the numbers together and called it all a failure. This was the only CK fragrance I like and the only one I would think about paying money for from them in the last 10 years or so. Very disappointing.
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

CK came out with the 2012 Summer fragrance. Personally, I love it. Smells like summer how I would imagine it. Watermelons and the like. That one isnt selling well either.

Sur la Plage

No big loss IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOpera View Post
    This was the only CK fragrance I like and the only one I would think about paying money for from them in the last 10 years or so. Very disappointing.
    I agree, this is the ONLY CK fragrance I have ever liked enough to buy, too.
    Just because a fragrance is expensive, doesn’t necessarily make it smell better than a cheaper one.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I'm still surprised that SpiceBomb is said to already have been re-formulated. Not that it was the greatest scent in the original version, but damn, that was quick.

Banned

Too bad, if true, I found cK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein to be a versatile, all-season scent.

I was wrong, shock is listed in the mini handbook. I dont have a new large handbook but will check later for it. Interestingly enough in the handbook there was a price increase. Lol
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

Quote Originally Posted by buzzley View Post
    I'm not sure it has been discontinued, but it seems to have moved to more bargain-oriented stores. Try Kohl's; I see it there regularly.
    This. They have just stopped pushing it at dept stores. Last time I was at Sephora it was there but that was a few weeks ago. crazy that its $20 for 200ml at TJ maxx because most of the other CK frags are overpriced because of the name.

- - - Updated - - -

If the re release it in a opaque gold bottle it will sell like crazy. Its basically 1 Million lite. Not a bad scent just terrible adverts and bottle.
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    If the re release it in a opaque gold bottle it will sell like crazy. Its basically 1 Million lite. Not a bad scent just terrible adverts and bottle.
    Agreed. Honestly, I don't think it's such a "kids" scent, anyway... In fact, I almost think of it as an "old man" scent: medicinal, mature, heavy, etc. At least, that's how MY nose interprets it.

Just bought a 200ml bottle for under $40. I'm glad I found it so cheap. It's such a nice scent.

CK always releases random shit every 6 months.

I noticed today that it's still on the shelves at the main stores here, at full price.
    Alan