The problem with high-proof ethanol is that it produces a lot of vapour and when mixed with air that vapour is potentially explosive. Explosions can be triggered by small sparks, including those generated inside a switch when you switch lights on or off (note switching off as well as on) or those generated by static.
The most important precaution to prevent explosions is to prevent a build up of vapour: so when you are decanting large volumes of ethanol, do so in a well ventilated area (I often do this outside). If you have a spillage, remember that ethanol vapour is heavier than air and so will tend to sink into the lowest places. Opening doors is much more effective than opening windows for getting rid of it and crucially if there has been a spill don't switch anything on or off (including ventilation fans if you have them), but most importantly avoid touching any switches or potential sources of static electricity that are low down. Synthetic carpets can be a particular problem as they often generate static when walked on, so these are not suitable for perfumery work areas. Glass in contact with certain materials (classically cat fur, but many other materials will do it too) can generate static sparks with a little rubbing - hence the precaution Tauer takes.
Heating ethanol is especially dangerous as this creates a lot of vapour very quickly, so try to avoid this if you can and where you need to heat it, do so by immersion in hot water only, never by direct heat (with or without flames) and obviously never use naked flames anywhere where ethanol fumes could accumulate.