Code of Conduct

Default A scent that don't leave the room until long after I'm left? (Help?)

The vacation is over and i need to start working again....

I would like to have such "signature fragrance" for my work scent, that it really makes my working room (office room) smell of ME after i'm gone. I'm a bit jealous of some of my colleagues who have such signature fragrance (i don't know what it is and haven't asked them.).

I do know which are powerful frags in my wardrobe, but i don't know which really STAY in the room....

I'm not willing to spray my fragrance to the walls and ceiling though
    So it should be a fragrance that has really monster sillage the way that it does stay in the room.
    And i would like it to be a powerhouse, or at least a strong masculine scent. It shouldn't be overly sweet. But it can be offensive other way; I don't want to please my colleagues;besides i'm mainly alone in that room.

Could you please suggest some such fragrance(s) from my wardrobe? Or if i don't own such frag yet, i'd appreciate suggestions for purchase!
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Default Re: A scent that don't leave the room until long after I'm left? (Help?)

Anything from Le Labo.

for swap/sale:

Default Re: A scent that don't leave the room until long after I'm left? (Help?)

Thanks hedonist222 for the suggestion! I think i have still Rose 31 here somewhere. Haven't used it in ages though.
    Last edited by df91; 19th August 2012 at 12:06 PM.
    (Marcel Rochas)

L'Essence de Cerruti fits all of your criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by df91 View Post
    Thanks hedonist222 for the suggestion! I think i have still Rose 31 here somewhere. Haven't used it in ages though.
    What you could do is transfer a few of your favorite perfumes to 5ml atomizers and then spray a single spray as you leave. That way they'll definitely smell it.

for swap/sale:

Montale Attar

Knize Ten

+1 Montales and Knize Ten, big big sillage. If you don't want to spray walls or chairs, you can also leave a perfumed piece of cloth in the room.

cacio

Thanks for the suggestions! On the second thought... Why not to spray onto some texture in the room... like a chair texture or leave a perfumed piece of cloth.
    (Marcel Rochas)

Giorgio by beverly hills. Lapidus Pour Homme. Red by beverly hills. Out of these three Ted lapidus sticks to the walls where you spray it. I have sprayed Lapidus in my office and walked back in after a few and you can still smell it in the air so if it sticks to the walls lol then you know it will stick on you long after you leave a room. All three are great monster fragrances though being Red smelling the most refine, Giorgio smelling the most elegent, and Lapidus smelling the most Rugged. Love all three. Hope this helps.

Nasomatto Black Afgano Will CERTAINLY do they trick...

Also Fougere Royale
    "Stings the nostrils, in a good way. Im going to be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline."

Current Top 5:
    5.) Santa Maria Novella Muschio
    4.) Dior Homme Intense ( Vintage )
    3.) Dior La Collection Privee Ambre Nuit
    2.) Creed Aventus
    1.) Xerjoff Ibitira

Zino, Le Male, Pi, Obsession for men, M7 (vintage), A*Men, Joop! Homme!

Tom Ford Amber Absolute.

Joop Homme. I sprayed this on myself at my work in our break room which is fairly big and has adequate ventilation and my one coworker went back in it nearly 15-30 minutes after I had sprayed and came back out acting as if I had fumigated the place with my "man whore cologne." It was all in good fun though.

Most of the stuff from Amouage.

Lapidus

Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    Giorgio by beverly hills. Lapidus Pour Homme. Red by beverly hills. Out of these three Ted lapidus sticks to the walls where you spray it. I have sprayed Lapidus in my office and walked back in after a few and you can still smell it in the air so if it sticks to the walls lol then you know it will stick on you long after you leave a room. All three are great monster fragrances though being Red smelling the most refine, Giorgio smelling the most elegent, and Lapidus smelling the most Rugged. Love all three. Hope this helps.
    Lapidus PH sounds like a real poison I take it you mean the current Lapidus PH (and not that discontinued 1978 Lapidus PH) ?
    (Marcel Rochas)

Montale Black Aoud

Of those suggested (thanks to the suggestions!) i have now M7, Zino and LeLabo Rose 31. Others i'd need to buy. But what about Ungaro III, Davidoff by Davidoff, Antaeus ? Would they do the trick?

Nasomatto Black Afgano (someone described this as Devil's sweat ) and Montale Black Aoud are interesting and surely would work, their price tag is too high though.
    (Marcel Rochas)

Buy decants so you can sample more and thus make it more affordable.

Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme. Killer.
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

Quote Originally Posted by df91 View Post
    ... Why not to spray onto some texture in the room... like a chair ...
    I was going to suggest spraying your chair. It's much more subtle than spraying the walls, but the effect is still there. It will be like you are still sitting there when people approach your desk...

And for this, from your current wardrobe, I would try Antaeus.
    Mark K

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

TF Tobacco Vanille

Fahrenheit.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Anything from Le Labo.
    Anything from Montale. 

Banned

I enjoy Jules by Christian Dior, and you should too.

Kouros, Zino.

ANYTHING from Slumberhouse...most definitely especially Slumberhouse Rume.

One Man Show Gold Edition will do this more than effectively....!

omsg.jpg[

Zino.

Or Flatus if you don't like 'em.
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

Habit Rouge does the job pretty well. I've been looking for the same thing as I was kind of disappointed with the CdGs that I like, in terms of silage and longevity, and so I am now quite fascinated with the classic Habit Rouge. The eau de parfum version is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Montale Black Aoud
    I'll second that.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbyman View Post
    One Man Show Gold Edition will do this more than effectively....!

omsg.jpg[
    Agreed. One Man Show gold edition has nuclear sillage. This juice even puts to shame Ted Lapidus pour homme ! And thats no easy task... lol

Notice the "highly concentrated" words.

The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?