Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Amouage Honour Man Cheaper Equivalent

Guys - Just bought EPIC Man - also love Honour Man - but its not loud enough for me to spend that kind of cash, is there a cheaper alternative?? or a little more expensive 200ml equivalent?

Power Where You Need It
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Amouage Honour Man Cheaper Equivalent

my reading of Honour Man is that it is a mash up between Kenzoair (pepper-vetiver), Encre Noire (Iso E Super and vetiver), CDG2Man (smoky and fresh incense), Sel De Vetiver (vetiver and geranium) and Sycomore (incense and vetiver)...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Post Thanks / Like

Honour not loud enough? I can`t use more than two sprays of Honour if I doesn`t want to fill a room. This is standard application when it comes to most of my Amouage. Exception is Dia, that generally require several sprays to get above average sillage.
    -Anything similar to Honour? I haven`t find anything yet!

Post Thanks / Like

In humid climate - fragrance tend to disappear a lot faster, i feel is pretty tame, compared to Interlude and Epic - both of this will tear the roof! but ofcourse all this is within the amouage language we shouldnt compare an "eau de carter" to any of this...looks like need to Honour as well - but thanks for the input oslo and alfarom

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I can tolerate only a maximum of 2 sprays of Interlude Man usually I will go with 1 spray to enjoy its beauty. Otherwise I'll suffocate in thick leathery smoke -_- Reflection and Silver Man can go up to 4 sprays not a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend that look around in the Lorenzo Villoresi shop Though none of LVs would I say as equivalent, but the nature of the spiciness can be compared to Honour. Perhaps the closest is Incensi...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I would recommend that look around in the Lorenzo Villoresi shop Though none of LVs would I say as equivalent, but the nature of the spiciness can be compared to Honour. Perhaps the closest is Incensi...
    Thank you sandy! but i've pulled the trigger on honour-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benzganesh View Post
    Thank you sandy! but i've pulled the trigger on honour-
    Well done. It's cold as a razor blade, yet warm in its heart. A really interesting great scent.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done. It's cold as a razor blade, yet warm in its heart. A really interesting great scent.
    +1.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Said - I have Epic,Opus VI and Honour - what do you guys think about Interlude; i am just a bit worried it may get a little cloying in the Malaysian heat; Lyric though i havent tried but i have Lumiere Noire Pour Homme by MFK (1 is enough i guess; since i am not a big fan of rose)

Post Thanks / Like

Well Said - I have Epic,Opus VI and Honour - what do you guys think about Interlude; i am just a bit worried it may get a little cloying in the Malaysian heat; Lyric though i havent tried but i have Lumiere Noire Pour Homme by MFK (1 is enough i guess; since i am not a big fan of rose)
    IMO Interlude is the weakest scent from Amouage so far. A totaly disaster.. Lyric on the other hand, is regal! Sophistcation in a bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried Interlude, but from what I've read I'm not in a hurry to do so Some 'official' words: 'In the top notes, there is an apocalyptic and destructive element with bergamot, oregano and pimento berry oil. This creates an interval tension of perturbation right from the beginning.... In the base, the remembrance of chaos, destruction and disorder are represented with the everlasting and intriguing leather, agarwood smoke, patchouli and sandalwood'

I'm a peaceful human, I don't seek destruction and disorder in scents... but that's just me.

As to Lyric, if you're not a big rose-lover, that's definitely not your scent. For a great part in ts development it's about rose: green, deep, but rose.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried Interlude, but from what I've read I'm not in a hurry to do so Some 'official' words: 'In the top notes, there is an apocalyptic and destructive element with bergamot, oregano and pimento berry oil. This creates an interval tension of perturbation right from the beginning.... In the base, the remembrance of chaos, destruction and disorder are represented with the everlasting and intriguing leather, agarwood smoke, patchouli and sandalwood'

I'm a peaceful human, I don't seek destruction and disorder in scents... but that's just me.

As to Lyric, if you're not a big rose-lover, that's definitely not your scent. For a great part in ts development it's about rose: green, deep, but rose.
    Yes, let me give Lyric a chance then the next time i go to Amouage- i do like Lumiere Noire a lot - i've sampled a lot of rose and Lumiere i think its one of the best out there ; but i never may know,Lyric might topple it!

Yes thats quite true, that you should mention about the chaos in Interlude; i get the tension too it opens up very confusingly its like the individual notes are fighting for attention!..but i really like the drydown; i've tried this in store, the SA gave me a sample, ill wear it one of this day and see how it goes, i really like this house Amouage; i didnt like gold (too middle eastern for me) jubilation is very close to epic minus the berries, and oh my Reflection to me, is the ultimate disaster! love the opus collection and i do hope they find their center before releasing another fragrance after all they have the best ingredients and financial backing that can catapult them to olfactory greatness.

I would say Bulgari MAN layered with EPIC