Code of Conduct

Default Thierry Mugler B*Men

Does anyone else besides me prefer this to any of the other a-men flankers?? Just tried this for the first time and wearing it right now. I was expecting this one to be ,honestly, not that great since no one talks about it and its discontinued. I was definitely shocked to say the least. I honestly dont care for amen,pure malt, or pure havane, but i am buying a bottle of bmen for this winter. It doesnt have that gourmand feel like a men, and is for a more mature crowd, but its a lot more wearable and not as strong which i like. I think it just smells better personally. How the heck does this one not get any love???
    Last edited by fragnifiscent; 20th August 2012 at 05:26 AM.

Default Re: Thierry Mugler B*Men

I own four bottles of B*men. I think it's a fabulous scent.
    It has a component that is the same as in A*men, and that's the part I really like.
    I never understood why it didn't take off.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 20th August 2012 at 09:59 AM.

I quite like it but there's a weird note that stops me from loving it. Not sure what it is, but it smells like a cross between plastic and peanut butter. I find it irritating. Dry down is much better than the opening.

I like it too, but put it behind other Mugler frags like A*men, Pure Malt/Havane and Mugler Cologne. If you like anise you gotta try this one, I like it more than Lolita Lempika au masculin.

While not the best by Thierry Mugler, I still like it and find it rather underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I quite like it but there's a weird note that stops me from loving it. Not sure what it is, but it smells like a cross between plastic and peanut butter. I find it irritating. Dry down is much better than the opening.
    +1 ... I share a similar experience. The fruit notes are nice, but there's a particular synthetic note that keeps me from wearing this fragrance often. It's currently gathering dust and I'll probably wear it again in Fall.

Banned

B*Men by Thierry Mugler is/was a good, cool-weather scent, and, like you said, is/was more wearable than A*Men.

i love B*men...just not like i love A*men....or anything in the pure line or ToF. I def pull it out in the fall, and a few times in the winter. I honestly think A*men is more wearable, but thats just me.
    http://www.youtube.com/jimihendrix1117

*Peace and Happiness*

I own and like B*Men but not any more than any other fragrance in their line.

Quote Originally Posted by fragnifiscent View Post
    Does anyone else besides me prefer this to any of the other a-men flankers?? Just tried this for the first time and wearing it right now. I was expecting this one to be ,honestly, not that great since no one talks about it and its discontinued. I was definitely shocked to say the least. I honestly dont care for amen,pure malt, or pure havane, but i am buying a bottle of bmen for this winter. It doesnt have that gourmand feel like a men, and is for a more mature crowd, but its a lot more wearable and not as strong which i like. I think it just smells better personally. How the heck does this one not get any love???
    The same happened to me when I first tried it at a small downtown store...bought it instantly and love it since (still looking for a backup bottle). I wear it mostly in spring/fall, even on chill summer evenings. If you like it enough, I strongly recommend you A*Men Taste of Fragrance...in the same vein, but smoother, without anise and green notes, instead filled with coffee and red pepper. I just bought it today and I love it...can't wait the fall/winter to wear it properly. As much I don't like regular A*Men, as much I love ToF, B*Men and SummerStorm.
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day". I don't want to miss that

Current Top 12 Spring: | Chanel Allure Blanche | Guerlain Homme Intense |
    Dior Fahrenheit | Givenchy pour Homme | Carolina Herrera for Men | Narciso Rodriguez Him | T. Mugler A*Men Sunessence | Trussardi Inside | C. Herrera Chic | Azzaro PH | M. Kors Michael for Men | Pal Zileri Sartoriale |

This is what I've written about B*Men before:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/270...=1#post2066346

The comment about the Woody note in the base turning unpleasantly musky if you overspray still holds true.

I am also apparently the only person on the planet that rates B*Men above all the other Angel Men flankers. But only just... Pure Havane is bloody good juice too. It is not surprising that I almost equally rate PH, as the notes that link Pure Havane to A*Men are the notes where A*Men and B*Men overlap.
    Last edited by andym72; 20th August 2012 at 04:36 PM.

Unhappy Re: Thierry Mugler B*Men

My bottle went bad, now it smells a little sour. I bough it in some random forgotten fragrance boutique, like those where you can find the most amazing discontinued jewels, for usd25.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I quite like it but there's a weird note that stops me from loving it. Not sure what it is, but it smells like a cross between plastic and peanut butter.
    Well put -- this kept me from wanting to purchase too

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I have it and like it. I rate it second to Amen. I also do not care much for Pure havane and Pure Malt.

maybe it's the liquorice note that keeps people off. My girlfriend likes it though.

B*Men and Pure Shot are the only 2 Muglers I haven't tried yet.

Hey guys, I've had Angel Men on my 'to buy list' for a few months now, but a few weeks ago I stumbled across B*Men and I thought it was not too bad.

So why isn't it as hyped up as the rest of the Theirry Mugler line ?
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

My least favorite offering from the TM line for men. Mine has particles floating around inside the bottle.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Pure Malt comes first in my list, then B*Men.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    I like it too, but put it behind other Mugler frags like A*men, Pure Malt/Havane and Mugler Cologne. If you like anise you gotta try this one, I like it more than Lolita Lempika au masculin.
    I agree, the anise in this is very appealing.The dry down on B*Men is where the magic happens. It's awesome.

I guess it's the harsh loud rhubarb note off the top that turns people off because its different.

I like Le Gout du parfum best.

I like it. Would take it over Pure Shot, Ice Men, think Pure Leather as well. Did not wear Pure Malt enough yet. Not tried the rest (apart from A*Men, which is the best). Wouldn't mind trying Taste of Fragrance but they didn't have samples for that, or Havane. Silly Mugler.
    Last edited by Rüssel; 28th October 2012 at 12:25 AM.

It's insane for the price. gonna purchase a bottle this Christmas.
    Hey BN'ers come check out my blog/channel for reviews/unboxings/first impressions! Feel free to subscribe and, thanks much. TheScentNose.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheScentNose?feature=mhee

I tried getting a sample of this earlier, and was sent a bunch of A-Men samples instead. I'll have to check eBay and give this one a try (sample, at least).

Where I live it's only $30 for a 3.4oz.

Is it worth a blind buy if I enjoyed A*men ? and would it be a worthy replacement of A*men ?
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

CERTAINLY worth blind buying. It would not be a worthy replacement of A*men in my opinion though, there just so different and A*Men is so so unique and is a gorgeous gourmand where B*men is not so unique and focuses on spice and is for the more mature crowd.
    Hey BN'ers come check out my blog/channel for reviews/unboxings/first impressions! Feel free to subscribe and, thanks much. TheScentNose.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheScentNose?feature=mhee

B*men has a sweet/sour element to it. It smells a bit like sweet tarts candy, but the spices temper the sweetness. If you enjoy B*men you should try Ungaro Apparition Intense which is anise and woods. It's a cross between B*men and Lolita Lempicka Eau Masculine.
    Summer 2014 favorites

1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche (Lemon)

7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

i like it more than a man, but not enough to wear it. thierry mugler has never gelled with me.

I like it a lot. And frankly, pure shot smells like B* men to me toned down and with mint. It could have been called B* men summer.

I have finally got a decent amount of time testing this one out. And to my surprise, I really do enjoy it, something really gourmandish about this fragrance but I just can't place it. Its a very calming scent to me, and smells fantastic - A great addition to the collection.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."