Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poll- for split starters only- Allowing "travel spray sets" here?

The subject of splitting "travel spray sets" has come up. I have some issues with allowing this on the split board as it is intended for bottle splits. I feel such items, assuming the demand for these is as great as I am lead to believe, should be purchased and then offered at cost (or more) on the sale board. Allowing them on the split board? YES or NO

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Poll- for split starters only- Allowing "travel spray sets" here?

Yes. They should be allowed to split.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed allow split 3X travel sprays- they are effectively equivalent to generous 10ml samples

Post Thanks / Like

I think you already know my answer, but I see no problem splitting these.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Stugi, I understand your thoughts, but the split policies do allow for 30ml splits, which in reality, this is still a 30ml split.

Perhaps it's because I'm new, but I don't know why this would not be allowed. I think people are grown ups around here and are not going to screw people over, especially those with 500 posts or more. I'm sure it's happened, but that's the nature of the business unfortunately.

Anyway, I'd like to see this!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see this as well. Would love to purchase my favourite fragrances in smaller atomizers to carry with me when travelling.

Post Thanks / Like

yes
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think a rule is necessary to prohibit them in either place. If the host wants to follow split logistics (sign people up, collect money, and then do group purchase), they should go on Splits. If she wants to buy outright and then re-sell that should be allowed in For Sale.

I have hosted a few travel spray splits that never filled up, so I just deleted them. (And other of course that did fill up that I executed.) That prevented me from being stuck with unwanted travel sprays. Remember that hosts do not always participate in their own splits, and there is no reason to place additional liability on someone who is just doing people a favor.

What problem is being solved by making yet another rule just for travel sprays?
    Last edited by Beranium Chotato; 17th December 2012 at 11:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes, definitely.
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)

Its technically more of a 'group buy' than a split but Its a Yes from me as long as its follows the price guideline. Can't really see a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Brian- it is not a question of making another rule, it is a question of the current rules not addressing it. As Kron said, it is not a split, but rather a group buy. I want to hear from a few more of those who actually do the splits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    Its technically more of a 'group buy' than a split but Its a Yes from me as long as its follows the price guideline. Can't really see a problem.
    I don't see a problem with it. In reality isn't a split a group buy?

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to allow it, as the obvious lack of concern with these about whether they are decants (the sale of which is not allowed on Basenotes) outweighs any other concerns that exist.