Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    AromiErotici
    Guest

    Default Bottle differences in Trussardi Uomo

    What differences are there in newer versus original? Anyone know?.......

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    brooklyn NYC
    Posts
    1,979
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Bottle differences in Trussardi Uomo

    which one is the 'newer' bottle?

    i tried one recently which had this bizarre plastic covered bottle....black, with a pseudo-leathery look. i'm guessing this is an older style....

  3. #3
    Mudassir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,610
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Bottle differences in Trussardi Uomo

    Thats the new one.

    Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    which one is the 'newer' bottle?

    i tried one recently which had this bizarre plastic covered bottle....black, with a pseudo-leathery look. i'm guessing this is an older style....
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

    Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

  4. #4
    AromiErotici
    Guest

    Default Re: Bottle differences in Trussardi Uomo

    How does the old bottle differ from that?

  5. #5
    Mudassir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,610
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Bottle differences in Trussardi Uomo

    Well, the picture in basenotes directory is the older bottle:

    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121613.html


    Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    How does the old bottle differ from that?
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

    Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

  6. #6

    Default Re: Bottle differences in Trussardi Uomo

    The older one is nicer ... of course.

  7. #7
    AromiErotici
    Guest

    Default Re: Bottle differences in Trussardi Uomo

    Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    Well, the picture in basenotes directory is the older bottle:

    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121613.html
    Thanks bro. I actually looked at it a few times and it didn't dawn on me that the OG bottle has the logo difference.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Bottle differences in Trussardi Uomo

    I think that the picture in the Basenotes directory applies only in the sample ( 5 ml ) bottles/miniatures.
    I doubt that the actual bottle has ever changed.
    It's never too late to mend.

    WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

  9. #9

    Default Re: Bottle differences in Trussardi Uomo


    If I am not mistaken, the Basenotes picture is of the mini bottle. I have one just like it, and the fragrance is exactly the same as the black plastic bottle with the gold cap, which, if I am not mistaken, is the original and only bottle Trussardi Uomo was released in. Of course, I await correction if I am mistaken.

    I have noticed that the market was recently flooded with bottles of Trussardi Uomo selling for around $20.00 to $25.00, whereas previously it was a hard-to-find item that sold for around $100.00. Although, I haven't tried this new batch of bottles, I suspect one will find that Trussardi Uomo has probably been reformulated. Again, I await correction if I am mistaken.

    scentemental

    Last edited by scentemental; 13th February 2009 at 01:32 PM.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Bottle differences in Trussardi Uomo

    I posted about Trussardi Uomo here last year. I'd just bought a bottle after having the tester sprayed on my arm and being struck by how ultra masculine it was.

    The only problem was that when I sprayed some on from the new bottle I'd bought, it was nowhere near as masculine as the sample I'd had sprayed on me. The harsh bits had been clipped off. It was still a good scent, but not the masculine extreme scent I'd sampled

    The tester bottle had been identical to the purchased bottle - I wish I'd made them an offer for the tester bottle.

    I've had the same experience with a new and an old bottle of Quorum that I'd bought.
    Renato

  11. #11

    Default Re: Bottle differences in Trussardi Uomo


    I am not surprised Renato that you found the newer stock weaker. It seems clear now that we have another reformulation on our hands.

    scentemental


    Last edited by scentemental; 13th February 2009 at 01:33 PM.

  12. #12
    AromiErotici
    Guest

    Default Re: Bottle differences in Trussardi Uomo

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I posted about Trussardi Uomo here last year. I'd just bought a bottle after having the tester sprayed on my arm and being struck by how ultra masculine it was.

    The only problem was that when I sprayed some on from the new bottle I'd bought, it was nowhere near as masculine as the sample I'd had sprayed on me. The harsh bits had been clipped off. It was still a good scent, but not the masculine extreme scent I'd sampled

    The tester bottle had been identical to the purchased bottle - I wish I'd made them an offer for the tester bottle.

    I've had the same experience with a new and an old bottle of Quorum that I'd bought.
    Renato
    Bummer. I'm not fond of reformulated frags. Looks like T.U. will not make its way to my arsenal. I wanted to pick a few bottles of this up next month, but since there's no bottle differences there's no way I'd buy this now from anyone. Too bad......

  13. #13

    Default Re: Bottle differences in Trussardi Uomo

    Quote Originally Posted by scentemental View Post

    I am not surprised Renato that you found the newer stock weaker. It seems clear now that we have another reformulation on our hands.

    scentemental


    Yes, it's kind of sad when scents are gone forever - but they're not actually discontinued.

    That said, I disliked the old Quorum and always kept the 30ml bottle of it as a reference scent for something I really didn't like much. But I really don't mind my 100ml bottle of new Quorum, and actually wear it every now and then. Still, it would have been better had they called it Quorum+ (or -) or some such.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 13th February 2009 at 01:57 PM.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Bottle differences in Trussardi Uomo

    Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    Bummer. I'm not fond of reformulated frags. Looks like T.U. will not make its way to my arsenal. I wanted to pick a few bottles of this up next month, but since there's no bottle differences there's no way I'd buy this now from anyone. Too bad......
    Don't let me put you off.

    I wore it the other day, and it had very good lasting power, plenty of presence and easily lasted the whole working day.
    I'd still pick it over numerous "I don't want to offend/I'm not here" scents that are crowding the shelves at the moment.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 13th February 2009 at 02:02 PM.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Bottle differences in Trussardi Uomo

    I bought one of the newer cheaper bottles a couple years ago and I don't like it. As Renato says, it's lost its masculinity, and it is way too sweet for me.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Bottle differences in Trussardi Uomo

    It's apparent that both Trussardi Uomo and the original Trussardi for women (the one in the white leather-effect bottle) have both been reformulated. I ordered a 100 ml bottle of the women's last year and noticed immediately that the bottle lacked its leather medallion with the greyhound insignia. The juice was recognizable, but just barely; identifiable but neutered to the limit. I have a couple of older bottles and the comparision was obvious and depressing. The original women's Trussardi was heavy on the oakmoss, as I suspect the men's was. So they were in line for an oakmoss-ectomy, along with the downgrading of their other notes. Another pair of victims, their beauty gone into extinction.
    Last edited by Jardanel; 13th February 2009 at 09:05 PM.

  17. #17
    Dimitrios's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Beyond the Blue Mountains
    Posts
    3,222

    Default Re: Bottle differences in Trussardi Uomo

    I hope i am wrong , but I believe nobody here at basenotes has an original ...... & I have never seen one for sale anywhere .

    SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

    *** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

    FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

  18. #18
    AromiErotici
    Guest

    Default Re: Bottle differences in Trussardi Uomo

    This mini is OG I believe. I may be mistaken though.....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Trussardi-Trussa...efaultDomain_0
    Last edited by AromiErotici; 16th February 2009 at 01:12 PM.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Bottle differences in Trussardi Uomo

    What about this bottle? I purchased it soooo cheap, but I didn't tried yet. Do you think is vintage?

    $T2eC16h,!zcE9s4g4vT3BQY3-tyy)g~~60_12.jpg

Similar Threads

  1. Narciso Rodriguez bottle confusion
    By Clemmie in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 28th June 2014, 05:56 PM
  2. Santal Noble (MPG) bottle differences?
    By AromiErotici in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 30th January 2009, 02:42 AM
  3. Blind buy! - Trussardi Uomo
    By MrCoffee in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 13th March 2007, 03:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •