Code of Conduct

Default Giorgio Armani Aqua de Gio vs Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

hi guys i am interested in these colognes , i have smelt the Aqua and i like it i havent smelt the Tom Ford one so i can't decide which one is better for me , i am only interested in one thing , which of these two colognes will get more female compliments , which one has more of a female compliment facter , i need opinion from guys who have the 2 colognes or are at least cologne junkies , what stops me buying Aqua de Gio at the moment is that i have 2 other aquatics i have Bvlgari Aqua pour homme which i really liked but my taste has changed and i also have Davidoff Silver Shadow Alttitude which i cant decide if i like it or not but it is a good fragrance , i also has Creed Aventus and Creed Millesime Imperial , that's what stops me from buying Aqua de Gio , so guys which one is better for compliments Aqua de Gio or Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Default Re: Giorgio Armani Aqua de Gio vs Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Aqua de Gio IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Aqua de Gio IMO.
    +1...Agree.

Just get Acqua di Gio. You've pitted three scents against it already. In the nicest possible way, you need to make your own mind up. You're looking for an excuse to buy the Armani so just get it already.
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

Blog Entries

AdG is your safest bet. Tobacco Vanille isn't for everyone, IMO.

TF Tobacco Vanille is way up there IMO in terms of prestige. Quite expensive as well, great projection and longevity. It's a good pick and at least not everyone has it as compared to Aqua di Gio, which is a very common scent (IMO, noses are fed up with this scent....won't get you much complements because everyone already knows what it is). I wanna be fair to Aqua Di Gio...its a good scent, but just too common. Girls will take you seriously if you're wearing a Tom Ford by the way. the choice is yours though!!!

These two aren't even in the same group. Like the others have said, get the ADG.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Aqua di Gio for sure.

Banned
    Blog Entries

acqua di gio will get you much more compliments, and it's much better priced.

Acqua di Gio will most likely get more female compliments cause it's the king of generic, safe, pleasant, fresh smell, so girls like that (plus it's the most popular fragrance in the world, so big suprise that it's popular for a reason).

Tobacco Vanille is a different monster entirely. It's a very potent, very sweet and high end masterpiece. Also gets compliments but it's a different kind of fragrance. Stoic, powerful, makes you feel gooooood, also lasts a long time. A bit on the expensive side, but to me it's the best vanilla fragrance that's available on the market.

just get adg and get out.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Sounds like a troll. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ismellperfect View Post
    hi guys i am interested in these colognes , i have smelt the Aqua and i like it i havent smelt the Tom Ford one so i can't decide which one is better for me , i am only interested in one thing , which of these two colognes will get more female compliments , which one has more of a female compliment facter , ...
    All the girls in class will like AdG. You can now give your older sister her computer back.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

Gio for sure!!!
    Gary

I have never met a single female who didnt love ADG.

Dependent

I would think AdG is probably the safest scent that garners you the most compliments. AdG is also more versatile as compared to TV.
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

AdG.

AdG. Both are incredible scents. Get both. Then you are covered for almost any occasion.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Girls will like AdG. Women will like TV.

That's my experience, at least.

Tobacco Vanille is much more unique than ADG. Everyone smells like ADG.

Still, wear what you like and not for someone else.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Wow, I'm surprised at all the love for AdG vs. Tobacco Vanille... Am I on the wrong website?!
    Last edited by hobbes22; 21st August 2012 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes22 View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised at all the love for AdG vs. Tobacco Vanille... Am I on the wrong website?!

I prefer Tobacco Vanille. But if the OP is looking for compliments and female attention, ADG will work much better. I just think it is more pleasant to the general public.

Agree!

+1. ADG is the fragrance you seek. Tobacco Vanille is fantastic and more gentelmanly than ADG, but it's also more ballsy. ADG is a safe, guaranteed compliment getter.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post

yeah!!! that's it

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post

Totally. Anyway, wouldn't you like someone to like you for other attributes rather than what fragrance you happen to be wearing?

My reply is based on the OP's question and needs, not on my prefferences or basenoters' ones. Perhaps you are thinking wrong on the right website.

This is like comparing apples to chicken.

guys today i was in the mall with my current girlfriend and as you can guess i am cologne junkie so we went to the parfume shop and i sprayed adg on my wrist and she said that the cologne is good but she prefers the cologne which i am wearing , at that moment i was wearing Bvlgari Aqua pour homme , p.s i have a decent collection like 10 colognes and more and most of them are presents from ex girlfriends that's why i dont like YSL La Nuit not sure if that's the name of the cologne but i know everyone here knows it , if i have to wear a cologne for my own pleasure i have to wear only Pakito 1 million or Creed Millesime Imperial and sometimes i wear Fierce which is unique where i live noone has it , p.s i live in Europe , so i think it's time to buy Aqua de Gio becouse i like it much more than my Bvlgari Aqua pour homme

guys today i was in the mall with my current girlfriend and as you can guess i am cologne junkie so we went to the parfume shop and i sprayed adg on my wrist and she said that the cologne is good but she prefers the cologne which i am wearing , at that moment i was wearing Bvlgari Aqua pour homme , p.s i have a decent collection like 10 colognes and more and most of them are presents from ex girlfriends that's why i dont like YSL La Nuit not sure if that's the name of the cologne but i know everyone here knows it , if i have to wear a cologne for my own pleasure i have to wear only Pakito 1 million or Creed Millesime Imperial and sometimes i wear Fierce which is unique where i live noone has it , p.s i live in Europe , so i think it's time to buy Aqua de Gio becouse i like it much more than my Bvlgari Aqua pour homme
    Riveting tale, chap.

Quote Originally Posted by psychoskip View Post
    +1

I always say that I think Bvlgari Aqva is superior to ADG. Not as many bro dawgs know of it. I REALLY try to stay away from the scents that are 'in' in the younger adult crowd (I'm 28).

Quote Originally Posted by Alvus View Post
    My reply is based on the OP's question and needs, not on my prefferences or basenoters' ones. Perhaps you are thinking wrong on the right website.
    I think you're right on this. It was just weird to read an AdG vs TV thread on basenotes where almost every single reply was for AdG. I thought I fell into the Twilight Zone.

By the way, I like AdG, it was my first real fragrance and I wore it in college, so I have some nostalgia attached to it. Also, I received an insane amount of compliments when I wore it.

I think you're right on this. It was just weird to read an AdG vs TV thread on basenotes where almost every single reply was for AdG. I thought I fell into the Twilight Zone.

By the way, I like AdG, it was my first real fragrance and I wore it in college, so I have some nostalgia attached to it. Also, I received an insane amount of compliments when I wore it.
    Good for you, at least that was back then......these days AdG's are everywhere. Even the manufacturers of the fake ones have acquired the exact formula and ingredients to produce exactly the same fragrance. wow

Acqua di Gio has, and always will be a major compliment getter. Common as hell, but will accomplish it's mission everytime.

Yeah, amazing that it was fairly new when I wore it. No one knew what it was, but lots of people asked about it.

A shame it's so popular now, although I feel like it's almost old enough to be "new" again, since I never see/smell anyone wearing it here in SF or in New York.

get curve

Riveting tale, chap.

This has made my day

heperd speaks the truth.

Riveting tale, chap.

LOL!! made my day too

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    acqua di gio will get you much more compliments, and it's much better priced.
    This ^^^^^.

.... so i think it's time to buy Aqua de Gio becouse i like it much more than my Bvlgari Aqua pour homme
    Good, and enjoy it.

Also, pay no mind to the blatant hostilities, there are a lot of frustrated individuals here.

Aqua de Gio will get more compliments. Tobacco Vanille is one of those fragrances that you personally will like, and smells pleasant to most but doesn't get compliments.

AdG is more about hedione blending. See:

http://1000fragrances.blogspot.com/2...y-perfume.html

and:

http://perfumerflavorist.texterity.c...109?pg=28#pg28

If I want "freshness," I usually just eat an orange, but these frags are okay a couple times a year. The ones with strong calone, however, irritate me within a short period of time.

duplicate

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    This ^^^^^.

Good, and enjoy it.

Also, pay no mind to the blatant hostilities, there are a lot of frustrated individuals here.
    thx man , i am working a summer job at the moment and when i get my next payment from the boss i will definitely buy Aqua De Gio

hi guys i am interested in these colognes , i have smelt the Aqua and i like it i havent smelt the Tom Ford one so i can't decide which one is better for me , i am only interested in one thing , which of these two colognes will get more female compliments , which one has more of a female compliment facter , i need opinion from guys who have the 2 colognes or are at least cologne junkies , what stops me buying Aqua de Gio at the moment is that i have 2 other aquatics i have Bvlgari Aqua pour homme which i really liked but my taste has changed and i also have Davidoff Silver Shadow Alttitude which i cant decide if i like it or not but it is a good fragrance , i also has Creed Aventus and Creed Millesime Imperial , that's what stops me from buying Aqua de Gio , so guys which one is better for compliments Aqua de Gio or Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    buying a perfume thinking on getting compliments is not a good way to start..........

Neither one is "better." They're totally different scents. They're kind of like a great steak versus a chocolate soufflé. Which is better? It depends on what you want. For dinner, I'd choose the steak. For late at night with a date and a glass of port? Obviously it's the chocolate soufflé.

You have to smell both and decide which suits you and which is something you'd wear enough to make it worth the purchase. Tobacco Vanille costs MUCH more than AdG and it's far less versatile. I wouldn't wear it on a summer day. Probably not even on a warm spring day. Then again, it's more of a wow scent at night. Tobacco Vanille might be too sweet for you.

AdG isn't a scent that will surprise you with a WOW, but it's a can't go wrong choice women are most likely to enjoy on a man. Whenever you're shopping for frags, pay attention to where AdG is. Watch how women react when they pick that stuff up.

Basenotes Junkie

If you are only interested in female compliments then there is absolutely no reason to spend $200+ on a bottle of fragrance. One of my most complimented fragrances in Curve and it costs $30 at Walgreens. If female attention is really all you care about then just buy the AdG. I will never understand posts like this. These fragrances are nothing alike.