Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bois du Portugal batch variations?

Greetings fellow Basenoters;

My fragrance journey which began last summer has taken me to Creed's Bois du Portugal.

First, a little something about me. After a rough start I got smart and have spent considerable time sampling what I now consider my first purchase. The first 5 fragrances I bought too quickly. So for the past 4 months I have been keeping a journal and taking my time.

Now my question. I have read threads about batch variations at Creed. I would like to hear only from experienced Basenoters as to any batch variations, if any, that they have personally experienced with BdP only.

I would like to especially hear if anyone has experienced any differences in the powdery notes during dry down.

I am almost ready to call this a buy and get a flacon for my everyday scent.

Please no editorials - I'd just like to hear from those who have bought multiple bottles or tried multiple samples if they have noticed any variations. If so, what was the experience of the variations in detail, please.

Thanks so much for your help with my (1st ! ) purchase
    Cheers,

-Nick

Default Re: Bois du Portugal batch variations?

I have had samples and a full bottle at one time and did not notice any batch variations from the samples or from the bottle I had. I have also tested it a while back in a store and it's always been the same with its bracing lavender opening to the great woody drydown.

I have had both the 2.5 and 4.0 oz bottles and never noticed any differences between them.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried multiple samples(5-7) and never noticed a difference.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Gentlemen, thank you so much for the invaluable information. This is just what I needed to know in order to make my first purchase.

Cheers,
    Cheers,

-Nick

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Double post
    Cheers,

-Nick

Never heard of any batch variations with BdP

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy!

I'd like to hear about your experience. I have noticed a big batch variation with regard to BdP. I bought my first bottle maybe 8 or 9 years ago and it was STRONG. in all respects. and i loved it. THe bottle was very low but not out and I bought another a few months ago. First of all the bottle itself had changed. the old BdP had no label, just a bottle that said "millesime." The newer bottle had a clothe-type label with the words "Boise du Portugal". THe early bottle juice was darker and just LOOKED stronger. As for smell, I am not experienced enough to go into all the fancy schmancy descriptions, but it smells somewhat different. There is a different or stronger top-note. Dont get me wrong, they both smell incredible. But the early bottle is the stuff of legend. Just incredible. The newer bottle is still wonderful but if I were able to choose which I wanted I would definitely choose the older. The difference is not enough to put me off of Creed or to even complain. I'm just making an observation. With all that being said, i would like to purchase another bottle of BdP, but an earlier batch. Any bottle. Any size. I would prefer a batch at least 2007 or earlier. Can anyone help me out?

Flint Liddon