Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help needed: Looking for some new fragrances for Autumn/Spring Daytime, Winter Daytime and Evening

So, straight down to the detail for my first post, I'm after some opinions to help me narrow down a couple of buys to prepare me for the rest of year. I'm at a point where I'm happy with my collection but I think it's a bit lacking in evening wear and also for the colder seasons. I've come up with the following lists based on my tastes and what sounds appealling:

For Autumn/Spring Daytime:
    Hermes; Voyage D'Hermes EDT
    Issey Miyake; L'eau D'Issey Pour Homme Intense
    Jean Paul Gautier; Fleur du Male
    CdG; Wonderwood
    Dsquared2; Rocky Mountain Wood

Out of this list, I've got samples coming for everything except Rocky Mountain Wood, which is upsetting, because from what i've heard it might be the one I'd like most! I want to narrow it down to 1, possibly 2.

For Winter Daytime:
    Boucheron; Jaipur Homme EDP
    Guerlain; L'Instant De Guerlain Extreme
    Christian Dior; Dior Homme

I can't get samples of Boucheron or Guerlain LIDGE, I have tried Dior Homme in the shops several times and always find myself sniffing all day afterwards. I am concerned LIDGE is too rich for daytime wear, I have Jaipur EDT which smells lovely but I find it lacking in longevity and sillage, hoping the EDP improves this?

For Eveningwear:
    Christian Dior; Farenheit
    Yves Saint Laurent; La Nuit De L'homme

I've sampled both, on the fence on this one, I get they are completely different.
    I am also making two definite buys in the near future, getting Dior Homme Intense and Narciso Rodriguez for him intense EDP which i've sampled and smells amazing!

So then, any help/opinion greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Help needed: Looking for some new fragrances for Autumn/Spring Daytime, Winter Daytime and Eveni

From your list these would be my picks:

Voyage D'Hermes EDT
    L'Instant De Guerlain Extreme
    Fahrenheit

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help needed: Looking for some new fragrances for Autumn/Spring Daytime, Winter Daytime and Eveni

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    From your list these would be my picks:

Voyage D'Hermes EDT
    L'Instant De Guerlain Extreme
    Fahrenheit
    I've already tried voyage EDP - have you used both to compare them? I originally wasn't going to try the EDT as it smelt harsh on paper but I've heard it's different on skin..
    Would you wear L'instant to work then?

Post Thanks / Like

I am very tepid about aquatics (Issey). To your list, I'd add Chanel Egoiste, a warm sandalwood that's elegant and good both for work and for evenings.

cacio

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I am very tepid about aquatics (Issey). To your list, I'd add Chanel Egoiste, a warm sandalwood that's elegant and good both for work and for evenings.

cacio
    Hmm I never got the impression Issey extreme was an aquatic? Problem with Egoiste is I already own Egoiste Platinum and as much as I love it, like all Chanel it doesn't last particularly long on my skin which makes me reluctant to shell out the premium for it.

For Autumn/Spring Daytime:
    Dsquared2; Rocky Mountain Wood

For Winter Daytime:
    Christian Dior; Farenheit

For Eveningwear:
    Guerlain; L'Instant De Guerlain Extreme
    Current TOP 7 from my collection:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    4. Encre Noire
    5. Dior Homme Intense
    6. Timbuktu
    7. Dior Homme

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benc View Post
    Hmm I never got the impression Issey extreme was an aquatic? Problem with Egoiste is I already own Egoiste Platinum and as much as I love it, like all Chanel it doesn't last particularly long on my skin which makes me reluctant to shell out the premium for it.
    Egoiste and Platinum Egoiste are completely different scents. I doubt you'll have trouble with the longevity of Egoiste, even in its current formulation. It's a must-try fragrance.

Post Thanks / Like

I would also recommend Egoiste for autumn, absolutely perfect for the season (and into the winter). Give it a try if you can, to test longevity. L'Instant De Guerlain Extreme is a nice choice as well.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

LIGE, Voyage D'Hermes, Fahrenheit. Try Kokorico too.
    Last edited by Alvus; 21st August 2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: updated