Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Ulrich Lang Lightscape

From fragrantica.com:

Coming this fall, ULRICH LANG NEW YORK will release their fourth and most versatile fragrance, LIGHTSCAPE.

LIGHTSCAPE explores the interplay between the bold freshness of galbanum and Sicilian lemon against the delicate refinement of violet leaves. The middle note in LIGHTSCAPE showcases the violet flower blended with subtle florals, sculptural woods and rich ambergis to create a contemporary scent. LIGHTSCAPE's dry notes of musk, woods and creamy tonka bean add another layer of comforting warmth that is both subtle and sensuous. LIGHTSCAPE’s unique scent is versatile enough to be worn year round and transitions seamlessly from day to night.

Staying true to their roots in the art world, LIGHTSCAPE's packaging is photographed by Amsterdam-based Elspeth Diederix, a visual artist who uses photography to register her sculptural ideas. Diederix enhances images of nature to create a new layer of conceptual beauty. Her illusory and surreal constructions appear to be derived from dream-like existences.

TOP: Galbanum, Lemon, Violet Leaves
    MID: Iris, Rose, Violet Flower, Cyclamen, Cedarwood
    DRY: Ambergris, Tonka Bean, Cashmere Wood, Musk, Ambrette Seeds

Lightscape is a clear floral fragrance that opens with a burst of green violet leaves and mellow lemon. Within a few seconds the violet flower almost bursts in the air and is then followed by wonderful cedar and cashmere wood. This combination of contrasts creates a poetically balanced scent of woods, green floral and delicious powder.

Last edited by petruccijc; 21st August 2012 at 05:01 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrance: Ulrich lang Lightscape

Will definitely be lookin out for this -- have loved the previous 3. Slightly worried about it revolving around violet though -- hope it is delicate.

Must test this. Nightscape was excellent. Not so keen on the other two.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Sounds like my kind of fragrance even if it doesn't exactly score points for originality.

Basenotes Plus

Promising. I imagine Liberty will be stocking it here, and will give it a whirl at the earliest opportunity. Liked everything the house has done so far, especially Nightscape.

Default Re: New Fragrance: Ulrich Lang Lightscape

Sounds like a dream.

Doesn't the juice color look designer?
    Ohhhh no I didnt.
    Yes, I went there .

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like a dream.

Doesn't the juice color look designer?
    Ohhhh no I didnt.
    Yes, I went there .

for swap/sale:

Banned

Holds promise. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm imagining something like Green Irish Tweed mixed with Bvlgari Man (or Omnia Crystalline, actually). A lighter, more ethereal, clear/crystalline take on GIT.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Sounds very dreamy. Would like to sample
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

This sounds interesting. Ulrich Lang's previous three releases did not work for me, but I've held out hope for Nightscape.

let's bump this thread and see if anyone tried this one since Luckyscent just listed it on their site!

At first sniff you get the powerful violet note (violet leaves, violet flowers, iris). Some galbanum too - so where have I smelled this before? Deja Vu for Grey Flannel and also a reminds me of Narcisso Rodriguez for him but it changes quickly when the violets get a dose of cedar wood and then a warm ambergris and cashmeran base.

Overall what does it smell like?? Grape soda? A bolt of nylon fabric? It is clean, and kind of cleansing in a metallic kind of way. Doesn't smell like the name - Lightscape?? - I think most people will have a problem relating to the smell of this - like what's that?? I like it, but for its creative novelty. You have to try this one for yourself before buying because it is not an obvious thumbs up with Lightscape. This scent could have easily fit in with the CDG Odeur series - its kind of abstract. I will have to give it another try to get a handle on it.

^ Glad you reported your findings, Buzzlepuff. Thanks.

I really liked Nightscape, but wasn't sure what to make of the description of Lightscape. The Grey Flannel/ Narcisso Rod comparissions help, although it does really make me overly excited to sample this. But you never know. Like all fragrances, the actual testing on skin reveals alot and ultimately helps me make up my mind.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

This reminds me of a more subdued Burberry Touch crossed with Grey Flannel. It doesn't project well and wears like a skin scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    This reminds me of a more subdued Burberry Touch crossed with Grey Flannel. It doesn't project well and wears like a skin scent.
    It does bear somewhat of a resemblance to Burberry Touch in terms of smell. Aside from poor projection, longevity was dreadful on my skin when I tried this.

(3380)
    Last edited by hednic; 24th January 2014 at 08:11 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I agree with Mr. Hednic. Its so weak and non-existent for $110. I had to continually dab some on my skin just to get a whiff of it. Its a nice enough scent, but I think would be a poor investment for what you get.

I also found this disappointing. A weedy floral with nothing much going for it.