Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 169

Thread: Goutal-o-rama

  1. #1
    Basenotes Junkie cestrum nocturnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    615

    Default Goutal-o-rama

    The dog days of summer are almost over, but Iíve still been reaching for some fragrances that feel summery to me, while being sort of refreshing. Quite often, it is something by Annick Goutal!

    Would anyone be interested in doing a sample pass of some Goutals that fit this bill? Iím thinking of including:

    Citrusy: Eau díHadrien, Les Nuits díHadrien, Eau du Sud

    Refreshing florals + greens: Eau de Camille, Un Matin díOrage, Folavril

    Summertime flowers: Songes, Passion, Gardenia Passion

    Please post here if youíd like to join the sniff. Iíve had so much fun with sample passes recently, and I hope this might bring some bit of enjoyment to others!

  2. #2
    Fleurine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,663
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    Can I join you? I can add a few vials myself including Le Muguet, Neroli, Chevrefeuille, and the one that just arrived today...Rose Splendide?

    Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.


  3. #3

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    Hey CN. Gosh, I haven't tried a lot of Goutals..maybe 5, but none of which you have posted up there. I think I liked 1 out of 5. Lol. It was the sample you included once, Eau De Charlotte. I'll try some more Goutals..if there is a spot for me.
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

  4. #4
    Dependent RHM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    3,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    I can add Grand Amour it might be a bit on the heavy side 'tho.
    We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men. ~Herman Melville

  5. #5

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    I would love to join too CN! I am not that fancy with descriptions but I know it will be another warm and cozy pass around. I haven't tried ANY of Goutals other than Sables contributed by One-Who-Hosted-Fruity-Pass-Who-Can't-Be-Named. I can include it too is it was a very generous sample.

  6. #6
    Basenotes Plus
    Genie Jeanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    477

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    Is it too late for me too??? I can contribute Songe & Passion. Would love to try the others!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    11,426

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    If there is a spot, I'm happy to join. No problem otherwise.

    cacio

  8. #8
    Basenotes Junkie cestrum nocturnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    615

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleurine View Post
    Can I join you? I can add a few vials myself including Le Muguet, Neroli, Chevrefeuille, and the one that just arrived today...Rose Splendide?
    Yay! Thank you for joining! Welcome! Thank you for offering more samples, too!!! That is so sweet and generous of you. It sounds like we should add a "Soliflore" category too! I have Le Mimosa that I can add to our new category as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Hey CN. Gosh, I haven't tried a lot of Goutals..maybe 5, but none of which you have posted up there. I think I liked 1 out of 5. Lol. It was the sample you included once, Eau De Charlotte. I'll try some more Goutals..if there is a spot for me.
    Of course you are welcome too, Kalli! I hope you'll find some more Goutals to like! I went on a floral kick recently, and I do appreciate them in that genre, though some I do wear a lot more than others. If I recall correctly, it was the mint and rootbeer notes that were yukky for you, right? If so, I think you'll mostly be safe from those here.

    Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    I can add Grand Amour it might be a bit on the heavy side 'tho.
    Thank you for joining too! Grand Amour *is* very nice! I do have a decant of that as well, and it is FBW for sure! Thank you for offering-- so kind and generous too! The Goutal website calls it an "Intense Floral," along with Songes, and the Passions, so it fits right in. The website also includes Heure Exquise, which is a fave, too, so I'm going to add that to the mix as well! The more the merrier!

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitefluffy View Post
    I would love to join too CN! I am not that fancy with descriptions but I know it will be another warm and cozy pass around. I haven't tried ANY of Goutals other than Sables contributed by One-Who-Hosted-Fruity-Pass-Who-Can't-Be-Named. I can include it too is it was a very generous sample.
    Welcome, Whitefluffy! I'm so glad that you are joining too!!! I *always* love reading your descriptions and observations! You added so much to the fruity pass! Even your one-liner quickie descriptions of the Rosines were excellent and succinct and perfect! It would take me *hours* to be so precise and in so few words! Thank you for offering your Sables sample! That is so generous! I may take you up on the offer! A very kind and generous gentleman has also offered to contribute, so we shall see what works out best for everyone. I have never tried Sables for some reason...

    Quote Originally Posted by Genie Jeanie View Post
    Is it too late for me too??? I can contribute Songe & Passion. Would love to try the others!
    Not too late at all!!! Welcome aboard! We have Songes and Passion already in the mix, but that is so sweet and generous of you to offer to share! It will be great to hear your thoughts on those, as frequent wearings might give different insights as opposed to a sampling. Thanks for joining the fun!

    Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    If there is a spot, I'm happy to join. No problem otherwise.

    cacio
    Of course there is a spot for you!!! Thank you for joining in! So nice to have you-- I'm so pleased.

    *** Although I am new at this, from what input I've seen about group size, it seems like we can accommodate perhaps 7-8 people with a 2 ml vial. I bugged PerfumedLady previously with questions on sample pass logistics and about this pass particularly, so I'm also going to tentatively hold a slot for her too, as she is having computer problems right now and may not be able to log on very readily. After harassing her so much, it would be a travesty not to, lol! I hope everyone agrees! That leaves one iffy spot, but given that some folks have a variety of different Goutals that they are contributing from their collections or have already, those will be less sampled, I am guessing? So with all that said and on the table, anyone else?

    So as it stands, we have:

    1. Fleurine
    2. Kalli
    3. RHM
    4. Whitefluffy
    5. Genie Jeanie
    6. Cacio
    7. PerfumedLady

  9. #9
    Basenotes Plus
    Genie Jeanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    477

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    Thank you for putting this together for us cestrum nocturnum! I'm so excited about this!! I love the few AG scents I've had the opportunity to try/own & I can't wait to learn more about this house. Please let me know if I can assist in any way, ok?

  10. #10
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,379
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    I don't need to participate. My wife and I have extensively sniffed this house, and we've picked over all the ones that we love.

    But I just have to say - the title of this thread is wonderful. It should be, like...

    Goutal-o-ramaģ
    * * * *

  11. #11

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    Yaay! You'll be having a nice sample pass. I already had a chance to try quite many of them, apart from the Soliflores and those more feminine ones.

    But I love Eau d'Hadrien, Ninfeo Mio, Nuit Etoilee, they're so lovely!

  12. #12
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,010
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    I find Des Lys summery and refreshing-- I am wearing it today! It's discontinued, but now and then there are bottles on eBay.

    I can contribute a sample/small decant if you like-- let me know if you prefer a spray or glass vials, and is it 2 mls that you've settled on? (I've smelled them all and don't wish to join the group.)



  13. #13

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    Le Chevrefeuille is a gorgeous Annick Goutal scent for summer!

  14. #14

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    Sorry, I don't have anything to contribute. I did have several Quel Amour vials but have long since given them away. And yes, it was the mint in that one and a few other Anns I didn't like. Good memory CN! I didn't mind root beer as it seems to be a sign of myrrh or vanilla I guess. I like root beer. Thanks for doing this pass, very awesome of you.
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

  15. #15
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,010
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    A thought: Several of the ones listed have been significantly reformulated and it might be useful to people to know whether they are testing the current version or an earlier one.

    The formulation of Le Muguet being sold now is very different from the earlier one. It used to be highly realistic but a bit stuffy; now it's quite grassy and a bit more lemony in its top notes.

    Eau d'Hadrien is also significantly more lemony in its current version, but the drydown is weaker since oakmoss was restricted.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 23rd August 2012 at 03:12 AM.



  16. #16

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    Why is oakmoss being restricted? That's a bummer, seems like a lot of things are being restricted.
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

  17. #17
    PerfumedLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northeast Indiana
    Posts
    1,861

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    Thank you so much, cn! Yes, would love a spot but don' t mind being bumped if you have more interest than juice. You know what a sampling group piggie I am. It's because I love sniffing with you all so much more than on my own!
    The nose wants what it wants!
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

  18. #18
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,010
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    Kalli,

    Big Brother thinks it has to protect us all because some people develop sensitivities.

    This is why muguet scents don't smell right any more, too-- there are restrictions in how much hydroxycitronellol and Lyral can be used; these create the impression of lily of the valley.



  19. #19

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    I am sensitive to Big Brother.
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

  20. #20
    Basenotes Junkie cestrum nocturnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    615

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    Quote Originally Posted by Genie Jeanie View Post
    Thank you for putting this together for us cestrum nocturnum! I'm so excited about this!! I love the few AG scents I've had the opportunity to try/own & I can't wait to learn more about this house. Please let me know if I can assist in any way, ok?
    Thank you for joining!!! I love sample passes-- so much fun! I hope you'll have a ball too!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I don't need to participate. My wife and I have extensively sniffed this house, and we've picked over all the ones that we love.

    But I just have to say - the title of this thread is wonderful. It should be, like...

    Goutal-o-ramaģ
    LOL!!! Thank you for your support! Love the graphic-- I wish we could use that for the title and be really fancy! lol

    Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    Yaay! You'll be having a nice sample pass. I already had a chance to try quite many of them, apart from the Soliflores and those more feminine ones.

    But I love Eau d'Hadrien, Ninfeo Mio, Nuit Etoilee, they're so lovely!
    Feel free to jump on in with comments! Also, there will likely be enough for another sniffier... people seem super considerate in conserving samples. I can send them along to you after PL finishes with them.

    Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I find Des Lys summery and refreshing-- I am wearing it today! It's discontinued, but now and then there are bottles on eBay.

    I can contribute a sample/small decant if you like-- let me know if you prefer a spray or glass vials, and is it 2 mls that you've settled on? (I've smelled them all and don't wish to join the group.)
    Oh, Des Lys! I have been eyeing a used bottle on ebay, but it is a bit pricey for me to make a blind buy in that range right now. It would be delightful to add that to the mix. Thank you so much for offering! That is so kind and generous! Whatever you can share is wonderful. I am sure people will take care to conserve and share. BNers are such considerate folks! I decided to go with 2ml vials, as it seems the consensus on different threads indicates that they last longer and go further for the passes? I do have atomizers that I can use too... What is your opinion on vials vs sprays? I haven't decanted yet, so I could still do a spray.

    Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    And yes, it was the mint in that one and a few other Anns I didn't like. Good memory CN! I didn't mind root beer as it seems to be a sign of myrrh or vanilla I guess. I like root beer. Thanks for doing this pass, very awesome of you.
    Lol, guess my memory wasn't so good afterall! I like rootbeer too.

    Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    A thought: Several of the ones listed have been significantly reformulated ad it might be useful to people to know whether they are testing the current version or an earlier one.

    The formulation of Le Muguet being sold now is very different from the earlier one. It used to be highly realistic but a bit stuffy; now it's quite grassy and a bit more lemony in its top notes.

    Eau d'Hadrien is also significantly more lemony in its current version, but the drydown is weaker since oakmoss was restricted.
    Ah, yes. <sigh> I wish I had been more into perfumes and bought these before the reformulations! These are all current, very likely reformulated versions, in EDT, so nothing fancy or super special. I think 30Roses rare Des Lys shall be the Queen of the Pass! I'll see if I can plug in the serial numbers on cosmetic check or something and see for sure, but I have a feeling everything I have is new product.

    Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Thank you so much, cn! Yes, would love a spot but don' t mind being bumped if you have more interest than juice. You know what a sampling group piggie I am. It's because I love sniffing with you all so much more than on my own!
    No, no. In fact, based on what I've seen with the other sample passes, I do believe we shall have enough of most of them to fully accommodate another sniffer. I just wanted to make sure to mention that some may run low for the 8th, as yet non-existent sniffer. You know, I just have that need to qualify statements and make general-possibility-disclosures just in case! lol!

    Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    I am sensitive to Big Brother.
    LOL!!! Me too!

  21. #21
    Basenotes Plus
    Genie Jeanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    477

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    I just found my recently acquired sample of LA VIOLETTE & would be more than happy to add it to the soliflores. Don't think I've seen it mentioned yet.

  22. #22
    Basenotes Institution

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    10,143

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    Thanks for having started this thread. I am a big, no huge fan of sample passes. Sniffers' contributions are a wonderful way to get some friends right here too. I will not be seeking participation this time as I have tried them all and the whole house is full of surprises, hits and misses on this skin.

    LOL @ sensitivity to Big Brother. Great one!

    You guys never fail to warm my callous heart.

  23. #23
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,010
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    Quote Originally Posted by cestrum nocturnum View Post
    What is your opinion on vials vs sprays? I haven't decanted yet, so I could still do a spray.
    I agree that vials go farther in sample passes. I have the little 1ml vials that hold 0.7ml when filled, so I will fill 3 of them and then you'll have 2 mls.

    I'll get it out to you tomorrow morning.

    Update: samples mailed today.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 23rd August 2012 at 11:11 PM.



  24. #24

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    CN, Thanks for the invitation but you've got enough sniffers for this Annick Goutal sample pass. But I'll be verry happy to join your discussion about those passed perfume.

    It's going to be a lot of fun here, I'm sure of it!

  25. #25
    Basenotes Junkie cestrum nocturnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    615

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    Quote Originally Posted by Genie Jeanie View Post
    I just found my recently acquired sample of LA VIOLETTE & would be more than happy to add it to the soliflores. Don't think I've seen it mentioned yet.
    La Violette sounds great! I was checking that out online recently too! The more the merrier! Thank you for offering to share! That is so sweet and generous!

    Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I agree that vials go farther in sample passes. I have the little 1ml vials that hold 0.7ml when filled, so I will fill 3 of them and then you'll have 2 mls.

    I'll get it out to you tomorrow morning.
    Oh, that is so generous of you! The Des Lys will surely be a highlight of the pass, given the rarity of it and great reviews it garners. Thank you so much for sharing this for the pass!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    CN, Thanks for the invitation but you've got enough sniffers for this Annick Goutal sample pass. But I'll be verry happy to join your discussion about those passed perfume.

    It's going to be a lot of fun here, I'm sure of it!
    Aww, are you suuuuuure??? If I mail them on to you, I can replenish my contributions if they are low... no pressure to join, though! I'm "passed out" at the moment, myself! (to borrow Jujy's phrase!) lol... But I am so excited to be hosting this time!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Just an update: I have all of the samples ready to go, plus some very generous samples of Des Lys from 30 Roses and Sables from Cacio. I will contact the other generous Goutal donors and if they haven’t mailed anything out to me, I will see if they would like to mail to our first sniffer, Fleurine and we can get the pass started. So excited!!!!

  26. #26
    Basenotes Plus
    Genie Jeanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    477

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    Hi fellow sniffers! I would be glad to send the La Violette directly to Fleurine. The post office is on my list of stops tomorrow so the timing is perfect.

    Fleurine, could you pm me your address so I can drop it in the mail??

    Let's get this party started!!

  27. #27

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    CN, I'm excited with you! Can't wait to start reading your impressions.

  28. #28
    Fleurine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,663
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    You guys, I need to back out of this. Work schedule too crazy...please start with the next person on the list. Thanks!

    Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.


  29. #29
    Basenotes Junkie cestrum nocturnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    615

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    We'll miss you, Fleurine! Please feel free to sample some if you do have time, or rejoin later! The box should get there by tomorrow- it was mailed on Thursday, but maybe the holiday has caused some delay. I believe Genie Jeanie mailed her sample to you as well.

    For everyone else, please don't forget to send your mailing info to the person ahead of you.

  30. #30
    Basenotes Plus
    Genie Jeanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    477

    Default Re: Goutal-o-rama

    Yay! We've got it going. The La Violette was sent out on Wednesday so Fleurine should get some scents arriving soon.

    Fleurine, my dear. I know a true perfumista can't possibly have boxes delivered without taking just a sniff! Please do come home from a long day & enjoy something new.

Similar Threads

  1. New Goutal?
    By GelbeDomino in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th February 2012, 03:16 AM
  2. Eau de Sud by Goutal
    By AromiErotici in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 6th October 2009, 03:54 PM
  3. Anyone tried Goutal's new Mandragore?
    By paschat in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14th February 2005, 09:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000