Code of Conduct

Default Prada Amber vs Prada Amber Intense

Now that the intense version has been out for over a year i believe and many people have had a chance to sniff it, I wanted to get everyone's feedback on which they thought was better. Ironically, i owned both at one point and ended up selling/trading them away and i'm itching to add one back to the collection.

So what do you all think ..projection,longevity and compliments?

Thanks

Default Re: Prada Amber vs Prada Amber Intense

I didn't buy Amber PH because of the sweetness. I don't like scents with clashing notes. I would find it a perfect barbershop fragrance - without the sweetness. When I heard about the Intense and that it's rather similar, but without the sweetness, I believed it and blind-bought it. It's quite a different scent, this is the least I can say. There's a faint barbershop feeling in it, but much heavier. I see that there's a great group of its followers, alas I'm not for this kind of heaviness. So I wouldn't rank them. Both are really quality scents, none for me.

Sur la Plage

I like both equally. But I do not see the need to own both.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I adore the intense version and wear it as an Evening fragrance. It is a sexy scent and most women I know like the Intense version. I did not care much for the original version. It was more like a good smelling soap.

I'm itching to try the Intense version. I had a sample of the regular, and I liked the scent. I felt a sense of comfort when I wore it. However...I soon realized why. When I asked my wife smell it, her first thought was exactly the same as mine (without me saying anything first).

It reminded us both of our grandmothers.

Again, we both LIKED the scent, but I don't want to be walking around smelling like my grandma...and I don't want my wife thinking of her grandma when I'm wearing a cologne. SO...I've heard the Intense version is a little more "manly," so I'm wanting to give it a try.
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

Both are potent..Prada Amber is soap basically, Prada Amber pour homme is a bit different, has an incense vibe of sorts, a bit darker. They're ok.

Yea, i'm leaning towards the intense. Been a while since i purchased a frag and in the mood to pick one up this weekend. Plus its relatively cheap compared to the other items in my collection, so thats always a plus

I like them both. I find that I wear PApH more than Intense. Intense definitely lends itself more to evening wear... I guess it's the myrrh in it. Funny, when I smell Prada Amber Intense it reminds me a bit of Costume National Scent Intense... both have the incense evening vibe. Both are very sexy scents.

Funny, I just sample both today, and would agree with some above comments...
    Prada Amber I found to be pretty light, soapy and a bit more floral than I usually like, but still a nice scent.
    Intense was a bit messy up front to me, but then felt richer, a bit darker, and slightly more masculine.
    My vote would be for the intense version.

Basenotes Junkie

The intense version is definitely quite a bit more intense. I can see the similar DNA, but really the intense version is in a whole different animal. PH is very clean and soapy smelling with a little bit of sweet spice. The intense version is all dark, rich and spicy with very little of the clean soapy vibe. It almost reminds me of masculine 80s power fragrances. I didn't dislike it, but I could never really see myself wearing it. I would think that fans of Chanel Egoiste would probably like Amber Intense.

Similar to Intense but all around better, IMO, is The One Gentleman. It's also more modern and far far less likely to get the "old man" comments that I've heard some women lob towards Prada Amber Intense. I do like Amber Intense quite a bit, but I think The One Gentleman is all around the better composition.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by fit&frag'd View Post
    Prada Amber I found to be pretty light, soapy and a bit more floral than I usually like, but still a nice scent.
    Intense was a bit messy up front to me, but then felt richer, a bit darker, and slightly more masculine.
    My vote would be for the intense version.
    this
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

I own both Prada Amber Pour Homme and Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense. I love them both, but my heart is bigger for Prada Amber Pour Homme. I find it to be a very universal scent, it suits my every mood, every occasion, no matter the weather season or clothes I'm wearing.

Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense is more daring to me, it's more sexy. I like to wear it to boost my self confidence or for the evening meeting with my friends.

Longevity is outstanding, both last 12+ hours on my and I apply light, one spray on each wrist plus two on the neck/chest. Sillage is excellent in both, Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense has it slightly bigger. Compliments? Always, each time I wear either of them.

I once had a situation that a woman on the street followed me and at the tram stop she came to me and she said "I changed my way back home just to follow you and ask what perfume you're wearing, you smell so good, I want to buy that for my husband". I was in Prada Amber Pour Homme that day

Amer pour homme is more refined, clean and fresh, Ilike the galbanum and orange flowers in it...while Amber Pour Homme Intense is sweeter heavier, of course, and not a bad fragrance, but unlike the original, you will find other similar fragrances that would work better than that (even Eau Sauvage Parfum or Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa, just to name two easy-to-find perfumes).

Definitely, Amber Pour Homme.

still need to pick up one of these and sampling both ln each wrist....both are great but no need to own both considering how many other bottles I have...really leaning.toward intense version

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by El_Guapo View Post
    I like them both. I find that I wear PApH more than Intense. Intense definitely lends itself more to evening wear... I guess it's the myrrh in it. Funny, when I smell Prada Amber Intense it reminds me a bit of Costume National Scent Intense... both have the incense evening vibe. Both are very sexy scents.
    agree
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Amber Pour Homme is more like the big idea behind this fragrance. The intense version seems a little rushed and tacked on. I go for the original.

Both are fantastic, but Intense is better.

I've recently tested both thoroughly. I prefer regular Amber Pour Homme, as I find it more well blended, more versatile & just generally enjoy that it stays lighter/less bold. If it's a question of longevity, sillage, etc., I don't think it's really an issue. APH is VERY solid in both areas IMO. As for the scents themselves, Intense is definitely a bit darker/heavier & I'd agree with what others have said, that this makes it a bit less versatile than APH. It's still a nice fragrance, however, and I could easily see why someone would want to own both for a day/evening wear "split".

for people that own the intense version, what type of feedback have you received from women...well received or do you feel original would yield more compliments

I own neither, but have tried out both and seem to prefer the intense version. I think I have to get one myself.

I just sampled Amber pour Homme this morning and after 6 hours drydown reminds me Caron Le 3eme Homme, the same soapy-even powdery citrusy fougerish accord with a little darkness around... anyone notice similarities between this two??

I honestly prefer the original to the flanker, as the original is the epitome of an upper tier soap that exudes class and cleanliness ...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I much prefer the original over the intense version... even over Creed's Original Vetiver.

Intense version

Intese way better. I love the vanilla note

I have sniffed both, the original is too flowery to me, I like and own the intense version.

Original Prada Amber pour homme for me.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Of the two - the Intense.

(2829)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I blind bought intense on eBay. I've never smelled either. I'm really excited to try it out.

I had sampled both versions at Lord & Taylor. I preferred the Intense and bought a 100ml bottle of it and still happy with the purchase. I'm not one to like sweet fragrances, but this one has a nice balance to it.
    (3002)

I think both are good but prefere the intense version. I used to prefere the regular amber but my taste changed

I have sampled both versions extensively and like both. That said I purchased the Intense version. Prada Amber has a bit of a playdough smell that my wife doesn't care for.

I have owned both. I bought the EDT when it was first released and wore it a lot, and I recently purchased the Intense version. Of the two, I think the Intense version is more rich and refined. I like the original for the day and the Intense for evenings. In terms of performance, I find that they are about the same.

I much prefer Prada Amber..especially because it's a saffron beast, and good saffron fragrances at a reasonable price are hard to find.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)