Code of Conduct

Default Potent but smooth and inoffensive fragrance with very good longevity and sillage

SHORT VERSION OF MY MESSAGE:

Most smooth colognes has very poor sillage on my skin, but potent smells fell very hostile to my nose when I smell them directly on my wrist.

Please give me some advice. I lost a fortune on colognes in the last 3 months

I need a cologne that has very good longevity and sillage, but also smooth when you smell it directly on your skin.

I NEED AN ATTENTION GRABBER, BUT SOMETHING THAT WILL NOT MAKE ME A KILLER IN CLOSE DISTANCE.

ORIGINAL STORY

Hi everbody!

I've never gave enough attention to scents until a few months ago. But after I broke up wit a girl friend, I was very sad and at the worst time, I realized I always thought of her smell!! I didn't even know what was her perfume, but For the first time I understood the importance of body smells in these issues.

Perhaps you cannot make someone love you fot your fragrance, but after sometime together, it becomes one of the strongest ties between couples.

And so I decided to use something other than my out-of-habit Davidoff Cool Water.

I'm an obsessed guy, and when I decide to do something, I always do anything to do the best I can..
    I looked for many fragrances, I asked people, I read reviews here, and I bought more than 15 colognes in 3 months. These colognes are quite expensive in my country (Turkey) and right now I don't even want to use most of them

I realized that I was very accustomed to fresh fragrances because of my Cool Water habit. At first I hated spicy and woody scents, but in this 3 months period I learned to appreciate them.

I wash too frequently and on my skin, colognes have poor longevity and very poor sillage. So I do not have a chance with fresh fragrances.

I need a potent smell, however when I put on these, I usually do not enjoy smelling my skin. Potent fragrances usually smell too agressive to my nose. And so I can not decide on anything!

Please give me some advice.

I NEED A COLOGNE THAT HAS VERY GOOD LONGEVITY AND SILLAGE, BUT ALSO SMOOTH WHEN YOU SMELL IT ON YOUR SKIN.

I need an attention grabber, but something that will not make me a killer in close distance.

If you are curious, here is some of my expiences up to now:

Davidoff Adventure --> Adventure begins.. I chose it just because it was Davidoff and less fresh than Coolwater. I liked it but everybody told me that it is an average smell. Longevity & sillage was also a problem.

Lancome Hypnose --> I chose this just because the reseller strongly recommended it as an attention grabber with great endurance. I liked it, but the my female friends found its smell average. Also longevity and sillage is average, too.

212 Man --> This was my first concious choice, and I really liked it. I was accustomed to this kind of fresh smell. I made a mistake of buying 2 bottles. I realised that it is not potent or striking enough for me and I'm no longer using it. Because few realised I'm wearing a smell. Longevity was moderate and all the girls that I know choose Armani Code or Rochas Man over this.

Armani Code --> At first I didn't like it. It was the first time I was using something this dark and deep. But after some time using it, I loved it. It is such a sexy scent! It has very good longevity for me, and every girl in Turkey adore this smell. The only problem is that it is very close to skin. Sillage is so poor! Nobody feels it unless they grab me in their arms.

Rochas Man --> I was not accustomed to this kind of sweet smells, but I really enjoyed it. Whoever I asked, liked this smell on me. But it has very poor longevity for me.

Givenchy Pi --> I liked it, but Givenchy Pi is too sweet and it made me nauseous. And I feel Rochas Man is much more sexy and masculine. Also longevity of Givenchy Pi was weak.

CK Euphoria Intense --> This, I really liked. Both fresh and deep at the same time. However longevity and sillage is moderate for me. If it was only my taste, and if I didn't mind thoughts of girls, I would have chosen this one as favorite among all these colognes.

Hugo Boss bottled --> Moderate longevity and sillage, and it is not masculine enough. No depth and I feel as if I smell girlish and fruity

JPG Le Malle -- > I hated the smell. Not to offend any one, I just can not feel sexy while I feel that I'm smelling like a pepermint.

YSL La Nuit de L'Homme EDT --> I really liked its style, however Longevity was poor.

YSL Body Kouros --> I couldn't stick my nose to my wrist, enjoying myself. The smell isn't wonderful to my average nose when smelled directly on skin. And if I'm going to smell like this, I would choose M7, which I feel similiar to Body Kouros, but it has better sillage and longevity.

Dior Homme Intense --> Perfect longevity, perfect sillage. And although it is a potent fragrance, I like to smell it on my wrist. However I had many comments about how I smell like a girl. I lost all my love for this one
    Last edited by Brightblade; 23rd August 2012 at 06:25 PM.

Default Re: Potent but smooth and inoffensive fragrance with very good longevity and sillage

Most likely, Chanel pour Monsieur Concentree may be worth testing, since it does simultaneously meet more requirements: manly smelling, strong but not overpowering, elegant yet not overly formal, while longevity and sillage being also very good.

Default Re: Potent but smooth and inoffensive fragrance with very good longevity and sillage

Serge Lutens - Chergui (strong - sweet - elegant - great longevity and sillage)
    Slumberhouse - Vikt (sweet - smooth - resinous - AMAZING longevity and sillage - projects for miles)

I will definetly try Chanel pour Monsieur Concentree..

But the others may be impossible to find in my country

Slumberhouse may cost you an arm and a leg for shipping. However, Serge Lutens is actually quite affordable in Europe, assuming that's where you are. It's here in the U.S. where we pay in excess for our precious bell jars haha.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Creed's Aventus. Invest in one quality bottle.

Yeap I can find all of them over the internet, but it would be a blind buy. And I already have more than 15 bottles of unused parfume

- - - Updated - - -

Creed's aventus.. I think this is something I'll buy now or later.. I haven't heard any other cologne this much.
    Last edited by Brightblade; 23rd August 2012 at 07:47 PM.

Dune, Aventus.

get 10ml of iso e super, mix with 90ml alcohol. presto.

I'm thinking Chanel Egoiste (smooth sandalwoody elegant)-the regular Egoiste, not the Platinum Egoiste (unfortunately, it is not available everywhere). Or Caron Troisieme Homme (fougere, fresh citrusy, some licorice).

cacio

Sycomore
    Egoiste
    New York (Parfums de Nicolai)
    Ormonde Man
    Jubilation XXV
    Last edited by pluran; 23rd August 2012 at 10:22 PM.

Banned

Try:

Play Intense by Givenchy - Upon application, one is pleasantly treated to a refreshing duet of nectarous, mandarin tangerine and somewhat tart bergamot. Tumbling to the waiting middle, the citrus mixes with the slightly spicy and fruity pink pepper and coffee tree wood to brew a sweet, cocoa concoction, and flows to the wondrous base. Transitioning, multifaceted labdanum kidnaps the cocoa mixture and morphs the cocoa into a not unpleasant, tar-like, burnt coffee. The syrupy coffee joins with the woody vetiver, the sweet patchouli, the spicy vanilla of the tonka beans, and the soft, balsamic amyris wood to exude an awesome, mocha drydown. A delectable treat, this radiant composition has excellent longevity and very good projection.

&

Another for Egoiste