Code of Conduct

Default I just discovered why 1 or 2mls of spilled GIT made my entire apartment smell of it

The 1 or 2 mls I spilled while decanting into a travel atomizer had nothing to do with. My backup bottle of GIT, way back on my shelf, had broken. I had purchased it when I saw a good deal online. A piece of the bottom right of the bottle had literally chipped off, seemingly for no reason. The juice slowly leaked out without me noticing. It was all over the cabinet wood and hardwood floor - with a syrupy consistency. I was wondering where the heck this syrup stuff came from and then eventually I looked in the back of the shelf and put two and two together.

I knew 1 or 2 mls couldn't be this powerful. It was 120 mls.

No idea how the glass cracked like that.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. I'm not sure I'll ever enjoy GIT again.

Default Re: I just discovered why 1 or 2mls of spilled GIT made my entire apartment smell of it

That's a major spill. That smell in your apartment should last quite a while.

Default Re: I just discovered why 1 or 2mls of spilled GIT made my entire apartment smell of it

Or maybe it was because you didnt use any cool water to wash it off. Get it? Haha

totally irrelevant...but spilled several drops of Tobacco Vanille on my wooden desk while decanting it 2 months ago, went overseas, came back, I entered the room and vanilla scent hits my nostrils. If only fragrance lasted as long on skin as it does on wood lol

That's quite the expensive spill.

Looks like you need to GIT out of your apartment for a while.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Looks like you need to GIT out of your apartment for a while.
    LOL, good one!

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post
    totally irrelevant...but spilled several drops of Tobacco Vanille on my wooden desk while decanting it 2 months ago, went overseas, came back, I entered the room and vanilla scent hits my nostrils. If only fragrance lasted as long on skin as it does on wood lol
    True true. I bet the pirate on Family Guy with wooden arms and legs gets incredible sillage/longevity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwl80un9J7c

That's the kind of disaster tha can ruin a fragrance for me.

Update.

After discovering the spill, I used paper towels / windex etc. to clean it up as best as I could although obviously some must have seeped into the wood fibers.

It's now been about a week and it still smells if you get a foot or so away from the cabinet.

I really don't think I'll be able to enjoy GIT again.

Last night I was walking around my room and stepped on the pair of pants that I'd worn to work the day before. I felt a crunch. I'd destroyed a vial of Creed Spice and Wood that was in the pocket. Dammit. It was my only sample of that one. I like that scent and get compliments, but it's not something I'd buy... Crud.

Still, nothing beats the time my huge 17 oz Vettiveru fell off the dresser and smashed on my bedroom floor. It took a year for that to go away and the other day I was on the floor picking up a quarter down by where the bottle had smashed and I could still smell it.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I once spilled a full 5ml vial of Bois du Portugal in the cab of my pickup truck. I was tempted sleep in that cab every night for months after the event the sillage was so spectacular!
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

GIT lasts at least 24 hours on my skin, so god knows how long it'll linger around your apartment...