Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    145

    Default A*Men (Angel) by Thierry Mugler for men

    hi guys

    I want to buy this perfume (A*Men (Angel) by Thierry Mugler for men) but I am kinda confused, there are too many options so I just want to confirm if this the real deal?

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...o_cart_title_1

    also i see the other Thierry Mugler are more than 100$ so I'm in a doubt about this one

    please if someone can confirm

    also I already have Le Male Jean Paul Gaultier are they similar?

    thanks a lot

  2. #2
    Duke Hunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Heartbreak Hotel
    Posts
    4,431

    Default Re: A*Men (Angel) by Thierry Mugler for men

    The link you provided is for a re-fill bottle, which goes into the metal flask. For esthetic reasons, you may wan to purchase the flask first, or go with one of the rubber bottle options. The reason for the other TM's being more expensive, is that generally they're limited edition releases, therefore command a higher price point, both in retail and second hand.

    Finally, to answer your last question, no Le Male and A-men are not similar, the only thing which they have in common are that they're popular, extremely sweet projection/longevity bombs.
    Last edited by Duke Hunt; 25th August 2012 at 05:16 AM.

  3. #3
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: A*Men (Angel) by Thierry Mugler for men

    Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    The link you provided is for a re-fill bottle, which goes into the metal flask. For esthetically reasons, you may wan to purchase the flask first, or go with one of the rubber bottle options. The reason for the other TM's being more expensive, is that generally they're limited edition releases, therefore command a higher price point, both in retail and second hand.

    Finally, to answer your last question, no Le Male and A-men are not similar, the only thing which they have in common are that they're popular, extremely sweet projection/longevity bombs.
    you mean like these ones a rubber ones?
    http://www.amazon.com/Thierry-Mugler...Mugler+For+Men

    http://www.amazon.com/ANGEL-Thierry-...Mugler+For+Men

    thanks

  4. #4
    Duke Hunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Heartbreak Hotel
    Posts
    4,431

    Default Re: A*Men (Angel) by Thierry Mugler for men

    Quote Originally Posted by karlochacon View Post
    you mean like this one a rubber one?
    http://www.amazon.com/Thierry-Mugler...Mugler+For+Men

    thanks
    Yep, that's it.

  5. #5
    Dependent senore01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NEW YORK CITY
    Posts
    3,874
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: A*Men (Angel) by Thierry Mugler for men

    Purchase it. Angel Men is a fantastic fragrance. Great projection and longevity too. I purchased it for the first time years ago, and continue to wear it constantly. I love this fragrance. Honestly, the spritzer with the rubber flask sucks. It works best it you only be the re-fill. It may not look as nice, but it is more practical and cheaper.

  6. #6
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: A*Men (Angel) by Thierry Mugler for men

    Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Yep, that's it.
    thanks a lot

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,482
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: A*Men (Angel) by Thierry Mugler for men

    dont buy from amazon. amazon imports and indirectly ships from websites that sell fakes and counterfeits. all unbeknownst to them.

  8. #8
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: A*Men (Angel) by Thierry Mugler for men

    Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    Purchase it. Angel Men is a fantastic fragrance. Great projection and longevity too. I purchased it for the first time years ago, and continue to wear it constantly. I love this fragrance. Honestly, the spritzer with the rubber flask sucks. It works best it you only be the re-fill. It may not look as nice, but it is more practical and cheaper.
    yeah I just bought it

    I also was looking for these 2
    A*Men Pure Malt
    A*Men Pure Havane

    like I said not very cheap like the one we're talking

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    999

    Default Re: A*Men (Angel) by Thierry Mugler for men

    I get no similarities between AMen and Le Male. You'll rarelly find these editions (Pure Malt and Havane) for less than 80$.

  10. #10
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios
    Posts
    139,187

    Default Re: A*Men (Angel) by Thierry Mugler for men

    Quote Originally Posted by karlochacon View Post
    yeah I just bought it
    Congrats. I think you're going to like it.

  11. #11

    Default Re: A*Men (Angel) by Thierry Mugler for men

    Oh no!
    Another victim of the A*men bug!
    You are done buddy, but you'll smell great!
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

  12. #12
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: A*Men (Angel) by Thierry Mugler for men

    Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    dont buy from amazon. amazon imports and indirectly ships from websites that sell fakes and counterfeits. all unbeknownst to them.
    so which websites to buy perfumes online you recommend me?

    thanks

  13. #13

    Default Re: A*Men (Angel) by Thierry Mugler for men

    Quote Originally Posted by karlochacon View Post
    hi guys

    I want to buy this perfume (A*Men (Angel) by Thierry Mugler for men) but I am kinda confused, there are too many options so I just want to confirm if this the real deal?

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...o_cart_title_1

    also i see the other Thierry Mugler are more than 100$ so I'm in a doubt about this one

    please if someone can confirm

    also I already have Le Male Jean Paul Gaultier are they similar?

    thanks a lot
    I have both and they are COMPLETELY diferent!
    Both are projection/longevity BOMBS, trust me
    Dont buy blind, go to a store, sample it and go for a walk, let it evolve in your skin for about an hour
    Le Male and A*men are my signature scents

  14. #14

    Default Re: A*Men (Angel) by Thierry Mugler for men

    Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    dont buy from amazon. amazon imports and indirectly ships from websites that sell fakes and counterfeits. all unbeknownst to them.
    Never known A*Men and it's rubber flask to be faked. People are too paranoid about getting fake products. I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

    And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

  15. #15

    Default Re: A*Men (Angel) by Thierry Mugler for men

    Quote Originally Posted by karlochacon View Post
    hi guys

    I want to buy this perfume (A*Men (Angel) by Thierry Mugler for men) but I am kinda confused, there are too many options so I just want to confirm if this the real deal?

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...o_cart_title_1

    also i see the other Thierry Mugler are more than 100$ so I'm in a doubt about this one

    please if someone can confirm

    also I already have Le Male Jean Paul Gaultier are they similar?

    thanks a lot
    No mate, jpg and a*men are totally different, I personAlly hate amen but love jpg, up to you!

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,482
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: A*Men (Angel) by Thierry Mugler for men

    Quote Originally Posted by karlochacon View Post
    so which websites to buy perfumes online you recommend me?

    thanks
    ebay.com (but only with users who have over 1000 referrals and 99.8% feedback (do not buy from anyone wlese).

    fragrancenet (consistently reliable)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fraghead View Post
    Never known A*Men and it's rubber flask to be faked. People are too paranoid about getting fake products. I'm sure you'll be fine.
    no. this happens often. people think amazon is reliable because it is a big company, when in reality there are plenty of fake watches, purses and perfumes sold on there. if you are buying a perfume, watch, or purse at a discount price on amazon, there is a big chance that it is a fake

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivibezz View Post
    No mate, jpg and a*men are totally different, I personAlly hate amen but love jpg, up to you!
    same here.

  17. #17

    Default Re: A*Men (Angel) by Thierry Mugler for men

    Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    no. this happens often. people think amazon is reliable because it is a big company, when in reality there are plenty of fake watches, purses and perfumes sold on there. if you are buying a perfume, watch, or purse at a discount price on amazon, there is a big chance that it is a fake
    You missed the part where he said that A*men has never been faked. Please post some stories or pictures of fake bottles of A*men, or stop being an alarmist.

  18. #18
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: A*Men (Angel) by Thierry Mugler for men

    Quote Originally Posted by uruk-hai View Post
    Dont buy blind, go to a store, sample it and go for a walk, let it evolve in your skin for about an hour
    you know I looked for it in my country and I gave up could not find it so I had to buy it I just hope it does not have any scent/smell related with Black XS or 1 Million, since these two have something I really don't like and still don't know

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,378

    Default Re: A*Men (Angel) by Thierry Mugler for men

    I've bought most of my bottles from Amazon and never had a problem. I pay attention to the ratings of the seller and always choose the highest rated even if its a few dollars more.

Similar Threads

  1. Thierry Mugler Angel's and straight man!
    By etoile in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 18th January 2014, 02:42 PM
  2. Angel by Thierry Mugler
    By noirdrakkar in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 16th July 2012, 12:23 AM
  3. Thierry Mugler's Angel
    By reprot in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 1st August 2006, 02:13 AM
  4. Rose Angel by Thierry Mugler
    By MFfan310 in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th February 2006, 04:21 AM
  5. Thierry Mugler Angel
    By atalbest in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 7th August 2005, 02:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000