Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Pure Malt

  1. #1
    Basenotes Plus
    ILikePeeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    T̛e̢x͡as͜
    Posts
    3,934

    Default Pure Malt

    I did an order for Pure Malt from the official site, it came in yesterday (Friday).

    I went on eBay, and there's a pic for a used PM that might have the same exact codes(?) on the box as mine does. So, the 202201 is the batch code? But what about the 12040 underneath that? Do Mugler frags not come with an individual code?

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    223,117

    Default Re: Pure Malt

    Have no idea about the codes, but enjoy your purchase. It's a good one.

  3. #3
    Basenotes Plus
    ILikePeeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    T̛e̢x͡as͜
    Posts
    3,934

    Default Re: Pure Malt

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Have no idea about the codes, but enjoy your purchase. It's a good one.
    Thank you, .

  4. #4

    Default Re: Pure Malt

    Quote Originally Posted by Jouho View Post
    I did an order for Pure Malt from the official site, it came in yesterday (Friday).

    I went on eBay, and there's a pic for a used PM that might have the same exact codes(?) on the box as mine does. So, the 202201 is the batch code? But what about the 12040 underneath that? Do Mugler frags not come with an individual code?
    Just enjoy the fragrance. It's not fake if it's from the official site. I've yet to see the rubber flask etc faked. When will this paranoia end?!
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

    And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

  5. #5
    Basenotes Plus
    ILikePeeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    T̛e̢x͡as͜
    Posts
    3,934

    Default Re: Pure Malt

    Erm, I didn't specifically say that I think it's fake. I ordered directly from the official website.

    Can you explain the codes or w/e? Why would two lines be the same on my box as a pic on eBay?

  6. #6
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    630

    Default Re: Pure Malt

    Sorry, but why does it matter? You know it's not fake so who cares.

  7. #7
    Basenotes Plus
    ILikePeeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    T̛e̢x͡as͜
    Posts
    3,934

    Default Re: Pure Malt

    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndBakeryAttack View Post
    Sorry, but why does it matter? You know it's not fake so who cares.
    Uh? What about getting more knowledge? What if I never made this thread, but then bought a used Mugler frag, and then came across that pic on eBay and got pretty concerned about it being fake?

    I'm looking for clarification as to what the codes are for. . Maybe this thread will help people feel at ease in the future, I don't know.
    Last edited by ILikePeeps; 25th August 2012 at 09:22 AM.

  8. #8
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    630

    Default Re: Pure Malt

    Quote Originally Posted by Jouho View Post
    Uh? What about getting more knowledge? What if I never made this thread, but then bought a used Mugler frag, and then came across that pic on eBay and got pretty concerned about it being fake?

    I'm looking for clarification as to what the codes are for. . Maybe this thread will help people feel at ease in the future, I don't know.
    Never mind then, carry on...

  9. #9
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    325

    Default Re: Pure Malt

    people are becoming too picky these days, batch codes and numbers are not the same or one is better than the other, top notes are too nauseating, you dont get compliments with this or that and blah blah blah

    Frag house dont really give a toss what we think about their frags, like it or not, they still gonna make a killing.

  10. #10
    Basenotes Institution JiveHippo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    11,539

    Default Re: Pure Malt

    Each Mugler bottle comes with a unique code which allows you to join the "Mugler Circle", it's usually printed underneath the flap on the top of the box. Could this be the code you're referring to?
    Currently wearing: Fate Woman by Amouage

  11. #11

    Default Re: Pure Malt

    Yeah, don't sweat it, the box codes aren't unique. I noticed this a year or so back when I bought two bottles at the same time.

  12. #12
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NYC/S. Cal
    Posts
    532

    Default Re: Pure Malt

    Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Each Mugler bottle comes with a unique code which allows you to join the "Mugler Circle", it's usually printed underneath the flap on the top of the box. Could this be the code you're referring to?

    These are unique. The outer box codes are not.

  13. #13
    Super Member Dawg15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    103

    Default Re: Pure Malt

    I don't know what the codes mean, but my box has 904119 and 09092 under that. I have had it for over a year or so, but don't know when the batch was made. This may not help, but may be used for comparison.

    As for the bottle on Ebay... .It is possible someone blind bought Pure Malt and didn't care for it so they are selling it to get some of their money back from the purchase. It may be from the same batch as yours.

    Either way it is a great scent so enjoy your purchase. I know I will start enjoying PM again for sure in a couple months when it starts to cool down again...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 93
    Last Post: 25th June 2017, 02:48 AM
  2. Pure Coffee vs Pure Havana vs Pure Malt
    By Martin L in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 19th July 2015, 03:06 AM
  3. Replies: 84
    Last Post: 4th June 2012, 11:51 AM
  4. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 2nd February 2012, 03:54 AM
  5. Mugler Angel Men Pure Malt vs. Angel Men Pure Malt limited edition
    By neal in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 21st April 2010, 04:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000