Code of Conduct

Default Essie Darling, Rotterdam

This is a recent niche parfumerie addition to the city, on the Nieuwe Binnenweg. Range Includes: Montale, Yosh, Xerjoff Casamorati, Demeter, among others.
    Run by a friendly couple who are obviously building up their business and range, the shop looks quite spacious for the amount of product on display. They haven't had time to work up their website (essiedarling.nl) - currently it asks for a password (which isn't the intention, apparently).
    Anyway, their philosophy seems to be to gather a diverse selection, including some less pricey stuff (like Demeter). I was told to drop in and spend time in the shop and just try out things: as if I need any encouragement on that front! I thought I'd mention that just to give people a sense of the relaxed and open approach of the owners.

Default Re: Essie Darling, Rotterdam

Stepped in their shop today. Had to get in and out quite quickly as I was with friends. Said hi to the lady while the guy was busy with some other clients. Tried a Montale and some Brécourts before leaving again. Upon which the owner thought it was a good idea to scold me, saying I was rude for entering and going out without talking to him or anything. That wasn't necessary. Last time I entered that shop.