Code of Conduct

Default How to sell on Basenotes?

How does someone go about selling on base notes? i heard there is a market but i was wondering if someone could fill me in on the process? Is it safe?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How to sell on Basenotes?

The marketplace is here: http://www.basenotes.net/forums/6-Ba...s-Market-Place
    (On the main forum page you have to scroll down a bit to see that section.)

There are criteria for being able to post a Sale thread, a Swap thread or Wanted thread. (But even if you have not yet met any of the three criteria, you can respond to any thread.)

Copying from "Site Rules incl. Marketplace Rules" thread:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/229...ketplace-rules

To post in the Sale or Swap boards you must meet at least one of the following criteria

• You are a supporting member
    • You have been a member for over a year
    • You have made over 500 posts (members we feel are posting purely to reach this threshhold will have their post count reduced)

The purpose of the criteria is to make the marketplace safer than it might be otherwise, but any transaction with other people carries risk. So, check the other person's iTrader feedback and pay by a safe method if possible. Most members want to be paid by PayPal.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Let me clarify:
    When I said, in my post above, that "you can respond to any thread", I meant that if someone is selling a fragrance you can respond that you want to buy it; if they are swapping a fragrance you can respond that you agree to do a swap for it; if they post that they want a certain fragrance, you can respond with an offer to swap or sell it to them.

It seems nowadays that posters reach the 500 posts mark pretty quickly now, anyway, so I don't think the rules are so very burdensome. OP, stick around and you'll soon be able to post a sale thread.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 26th August 2012 at 05:18 PM.

hey 30roses thanks for the info but i am still a bit confused. i want to sell and i can't figure out how to post it. Do i have to wait a yr?
    Last edited by socalwoman; 17th October 2012 at 06:54 PM.

Blog Entries

@JJFresh, yes, you need to be a member for a year, or have a post count of 500. Another option is to become a "supporting member", which means you pay for membership.

Even if you don't satisfy the conditions above, you can still reply/respond to the existing open threads of the Marketplace forum.