Code of Conduct

Default The Calvin Revelation

I buyed a original vintage miniature of Calvin (1981) and tried today: wow, this rocks!! Smells far better than another classy fougeres like Rive Gauche, Sartorial, etc!! Has a soapy-clean barbershop vibe but it's more complex, greener, crispier, muskier... also smells very natural, honest, refined and the musky aromatic drydown is perfect. Subtle sillage and excellent longevity. I really don't know what the hell Calvin Klein thought when they discontinued this!!

To me, 9/10 and a very nice surprise.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: The Calvin Revelation

It is a fantastic fragrance - the best ever from Calvin Klein IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I was lucky enough to pick up a 50ml bottle the other week for an incredible $15! I agree- the best of the line.
    La vita breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do we know if the more recent temporary re-release is the same formula as the original stuff from the 80s? I picked up two minis in the very dark blue rectangular bottle with the rounded cap.

I was wondering if if exists today any fragance with similar vibe, a barbershop herbal musky fougere with complexity and attitude, not unlike Rive Gauche, which I think is very "monochromatic", grey and barba-boring-sol...

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
    Do we know if the more recent temporary re-release is the same formula as the original stuff from the 80s? I picked up two minis in the very dark blue rectangular bottle with the rounded cap.
    I have both formulations and honestly, I can't tell a difference. Great fragrance!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo View Post
    I was wondering if if exists today any fragance with similar vibe, a barbershop herbal musky fougere with complexity and attitude, not unlike Rive Gauche, which I think is very "monochromatic", grey and barba-boring-sol...
    To me the ultimate Barbershop scent is Paco Rabanne PH - mainly because my barber used to put something very similar to it on me after every haircut when I was a kid.

I've got half a bottle left of Calvin, and every now and then get the urge to wear it. However, I still think Obsession is the best of the CK line.
    Regards,
    Renato

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo View Post
    Try the old Perry Ellis for Men
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Thanks for the info, Mike and Renato. Renato, one question: I from Spain, so PR pour homme is an easy buy. But is the actual formulation worth buying? I never tried it, go figure!