Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cafe Rose

Default Re: Cafe Rose

I have not tried any of the Jardin Noir frags yet, but from what I hear, they're pretty much underwhelming.

Here is the consensus of the reactions I've been reading:
    - Cafe Rose is okay, but an inferior version of Kilian Rose Oud. Also, barely any coffee in it. Mainly just rose + oud.
    - Lys Fume is the best out of the four.
    - The other two were disappointing.
    - Overall, pretty weak lineup.

Hopefully I have a different reaction once I sample them.

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    This is the only one from the new Tom Ford line that I have sampled. I find it to be ok but definitely not worth the price.
    Snap.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

I got a 10 ml sample today, and I couldn't smell any coffee , and find it too feminine, my daughter and female friend both have said its very feminine too, they both want to take it off my hands. They both have 5mls each now lol

So disappointed as well as it sounded great and had been looking so forward to it, I love coffee.
    Last edited by kakarot; 10th October 2012 at 06:54 PM.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by kakarot View Post
    I got a 10 ml sample today, and I couldn't smell any coffee , and find it too feminine, my daughter and female friend both have said its very feminine too, they both want to take it off my hands. They both have 5mls each now lol

So disappointed as well as it sounded great and had been looking so forward to it, I love coffee.

yea i ended up getting it what crap
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

I've tested this a few times. On my skin there's a lot of chocolate/coffee actually. Overall I find it's just ok, decent projection for 2-3 hours and then pretty much a skin scent for the next 5-8 hours after that. I'd consider 10ml to wear it occasionally but at those prices, no way. Give me NdN, or Rose Oud, or a million others, any other day.

The new series, and IMO even the newer TFPB releases are nowhere near what the originals were.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir - PATCHOULI ABSOLU
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress, Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura, Azure Lime, Champacca Absolute

HARD TO FIND - Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I like this one a lot. I think it's far and away the best of the new PBs. I'll go as far as to say I think it's among the best of the whole PB lineup. My nose picks up a lot of rose (of course), but also a lot of incense and patchouli. Like many others, I don't get the coffee note. (In fairness, I often fail to detect supposed coffee notes.)

I agree with M-C that it's reminiscent of Rose Oud. I like both very much, but I just might like Cafe Rose better. (It's a very close call, though.)
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

I am testing out some samples of Cafe Rose. So far, for me it's one of those many in between fragrances. I don't have too many good or bad things to say about it. All I do know is I have so many things on my buy list, that this one wouldn't even enter the discussion for a long long time. Choose wisely my friends.