Code of Conduct

Default Backing out of split deals

If you claim a spot in a split and are not able to pay within several day as required by the splitter, please give all those involved the courtesy of a timely statement to that effect. If you fail to pay without notice, you may not be permitted to participate in splits in the future. Anyone committing to the last spot in a split and then backing out may not be permitted to participate in any other splits.

Default Re: Backing out of split deals

Banned from all future splits after backing out of a completed Pure White Cologne split when I'd already received 4 sets of funds:

al-mueen

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Any person who is so irresponsible as to back out from a split in an untimely fashion, should be banned from all future splits on Basenotes.

Basenotes Plus

horacio08 Never even took the effort to respond to payment requests. Banned from any splits of mine in the future. Splitters beware.

What about the seller backing out ?
    DULLAH hasn't responded and his thread has been locked.

Moderator Stuigi - your mailbox is full.

I am still trying to communicate with Dullah. I am also posting an addition to the split rules.

Any luck getting hold of Dullah?

Still none

dalvarez11 is a new member and the last person in my split, but he/she hasn't responded to multiple PMs and messages I've left on his/her page =(

I had exactly the same experience recently with dalvarez11 messing up two splits of mine.
    Last edited by Kron; 20th December 2012 at 11:26 AM.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Those who back out at the last moment, should be banned from future splits. When you note that you will take part in a split, that should be regarded as a firm commitment.

What about adding the ability to leave negative feedback for people that violated these rules so that people hosting splits can read a person's feedback and know whether they are taking a risk in allowing them to participate?

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Very irresponsible to back out of a split once you have committed yourself. There should be a list of such people on BN, that way you have an idea as to those persons who you should no conduct business with.

I have no problem with that. You should be able to do so.

Basenotes Plus

Brian, I have been able to leave negative feedback for people who have not responded to payment requests.

In regards to pulling out of a split once committed, as long as it has not been filled, I really do not have a problem with this, especially since some may take a while to fill. Once filled, then it is an issue.

Oh absolutely. If the split hasn't been filled, it's fine for people to back out. It's once other people have sent money that it becomes a problem.

Basenotes Plus

Agree.

Fortunately it hasn't happened to me to often, but one time is one too many, and I will leave negative feedback for anyone who looks to see.

Basenotes Plus

DavidBee456 backed out of split after payment request had been sent. This person will not be allowed to participate in any future splits I offer.

USAFammo9 asked to pay later when I had collected from all of the other splitters. Then never replied to multiple emails.
    Tom Ford Splits Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

tarugu has failed to respond to requests for payment, thus holding up a split after everyone else has paid.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    AbdesSalaam Attar, Naomi Goodsir, Nasomatto, Chanel Les Exclusifs, Profumi del Forte, L'Atelier de Givenchy, Mona di Orio, Kurkdjian, Slumberhouse, by Kilian, and Oliver & Co. splits.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Johnsteed has gone silent after I started collecting for a split he signed up for.
    Last edited by mikesc; 22nd February 2014 at 08:16 PM.
    Tom Ford Splits Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

Just a suggestion .

Folks with history of backing out from splits can only be added to new splits with upfront payment as a guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by fhayat View Post
    Just a suggestion .

Folks with history of backing out from splits can only be added to new splits with upfront payment as a guarantee.
    While it's up to each splitter, I was thinking the same thing. They can join my splits if payment is up front.

Adding Poppyzulo to the banned list for vanishing on split. He actually was on another split and claimed to have paypal issues when the time came to pay. I let it go since I had another buyer to take his place. This time he's just not responding at all.

Cell signed for my Portrait of a Lady split and has gone silent for a long time.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basenotes Plus

Alia24 has not responded to numerous payment requests, even went as far as to not allow Private Messaging after the first payment request had been sent.

Please do not allow this person to participate in any splits.

esguerra and twistywizard failed to respond to fund requests for a recently completed split ruining it for the other guys.

Steven214 backed out of my Aventus split once i started collecting payments.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pieshi signed up for a Tuscan leather split and vanished once it came time to collect.

Also Rare Scents joined 2 splits and bailed without informing me.
    Last edited by mikesc; 14th July 2014 at 04:27 AM.