Code of Conduct

Default Do I not spray enough Agent Provocateur?

Hello,

The scent I wear daily is Agent Provocateur. I know that reviews say things like "not to be worn to work/future mother in law's house" "sex in a bottle" etc, but on me, (to MY nose at least) it smells light. Spicy, but not super strong and I NEVER smell it on myself throughout the day. I usually just spray one spritz on my wrist and maybe one in the air/on my hair. Mainly, I want to smell it on myself, I also want people to smell it if they're close.
    I've never once been told that I smell good while wearing it (or terrible, as some people have said they've gotten both reactions!). I fear spraying too much because I don't want to be obnoxious. Help?

Default Re: Do I not spray enough Agent Provocateur?

You should probably spray on way more. chest, hair, wrists, back of neck.....

Quote Originally Posted by jjss View Post
    I've never once been told that I smell good while wearing it (or terrible, as some people have said they've gotten both reactions!). I fear spraying too much because I don't want to be obnoxious. Help?
    Give it time. You're bound to get a compliment sooner or later and keep enjoying wearing it.

Is there possibly something I could layer it with which would make it muskier, a little heavier?

IMO you're just not spraying enough. More will bring out the muskiness and make for a weightier presence. There's no need for layering.

Don't be afraid. Wear 5-6 (or 3-4) sprays and see what happens. If that's still not enough, spray more. If it is too strong for you or people complain, use less. You need to find the right amount, and you can't do that other than by trial and error. Even if you go over the amount you deem acceptable, it will only be for a day. No harm done.

I usually wear 12-15 sprays of any fragrance, and neither myself or my colleagues normally find it too much. For very strong fragrances I will back off substantially, but in general I don't find fragrances to be that strong. I am wearing 18 sprays of Chanel Cuir de Russie EDT today, but I find the Chanel Exclusifs to be pretty weak and close wearing overall, so 18 sprays is nowhere close to being too much.

Others will disagree, spraying much less, and they are comfortable with that. You will have to find your own comfort level.

I don't think you're spraying enough either.
    At the very least one spray to the neck/chest and one to each wrist and work your way up from there.

the midwest: where cows have been outnumbering people since 1817

WEAR IT, baby! AP is my holy grail. And rules were made to be broken. If I smelled you wearing AP during the day, I'd follow you around and force you to be my best friend.

But, yes, you probably aren't spraying enough or on the correct areas. I am a total sillage killer and if I put 2 sprays betwixt the boobs and 2 on the back of the next, I can still easily smell it on myself the next day. Like, it's still strong enough that I don't feel like I need to put on another fragrance for that day. AWESOME.

Currently binging on roses.... Jo Malone, you dirty bitch. You too, Stella McCartney.