Derby, a dry chypre with leather
Sous Le Vent,a green classic made in the 1930s for women
I love them both and can't decide
Just asking which some prefer over the other.
Also an option if you can't make up your mind.
"No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
I've only tried Sous le Vent once while I was also testing Vol de Nuit parfum. For me, Vol de Nuit parfum overshadowed Sous le Vent (much preferred VdN's drydown compared to SLV's drydown), but I'm sure more extensive testing is in order.
For now, my vote is for Derby.
Love both but prefer Sous Le Vent
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
3rd option for me...
Derby for me.
Love to smell Sous le Vent on others. Like to wear vintage Derby.
I love everything about Derby.
Sous le Vent smells great, but is too fleeting IMO.
Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread
Sous le Vent.
Reviews :: http://www.lemouchoirparfume.blogspot.co.uk :: Reviews
Sous le Vent by far. I don't like Derby for myself.
"Until you practice surrender, the spiritual dimension is something you read about, talk about, get excited about, write books about, think about, believe in — or don’t, as the case may be. It makes no difference. Not until you surrender does it become a living reality in your life."
-- Eckhart Tolle
Derby by Guerlain
I just slightly prefer Sous le Vent. Derby is wonderful, but its drydown isn't as inspiring as Sous le Vent to me.
Derby is wonderful, though.
My Top Ten:
1: Guerlain - Habit Rouge
2: Guerlain - Jicky
3: Guerlain - Mouchoir de Monsieur
4: Guerlain - Shalimar
5: Knize - Knize Ten
6: Caron - Yatagan
7: Caron - Pour Un Homme
8: Jean Desprez - Bal a Versailles
9: Yves Saint Laurent - M7
10: Salvador Dali - Dali Pour Homme
That a difficult question, I like em both
Derby guy here.