Code of Conduct

Default My recent experiences sampling Bois Du Portugal

I have been wearing Bois Du Portugal from a Creed sampler vial the past week and a half and with three wears it has reminded me of three other colognes. The first time it reminded me of Hermes Equipage which I wore some time back and thought I can't do this again. I thought that I would continued to sample to see what else I picked up on. The second wear reminded me of Lagerfeld PH or Obsession for men. When I smelled it this time I kept thinking 'I have something like this currently' and another Hermes fragrance came to mind, Rocabar. Looked it up and some mention Rocabar as a contemporary BdP. Well today I wore it to work and it reminded me of Old Spice. Now I know the comparison to Old Spice is most given. Other little things I pick up are a faint reminder of Joop Homme. The smoky Lavender possibly. I also get a faint clove note like in Djarum Clove cigarettes. The thing is that the Old Spice smell lasted all day today and I continue to get Old Spice. It smells nice but I guess if I wanted Old Spice I could buy that and save a lot. Maybe after enough wears I am now picking up on this predominant scent.

Default Re: My recent experiences sampling Bois Du Portugal

Funny but off hand it doesn't remind me of any of the ones you mention. Then again, that's my nose!

Maby not similar, but definitive in the same style as Equipage. Both excellent!

I used to have a full bottle of Boi Du Portugal but had to sell it as the lavender opening was really overwhelming and a assault on my nose. Great drydown though just to rich for my taste.

Banned
    Blog Entries

To me it's a dead ringer for Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur.

I like it, but it doesn't really last on me for some reason.

Great scent, when you want to make a statement, strictly a winter fragrance IMO

I own it and in IMO is really not a Big Deal.
    Last edited by Bonoanimoes; 30th December 2011 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Agreed, but if it`s used sparingly, it will work fine on a cloudy summer day (with a white shirt off course ;-) Luxuroius and regal.

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    To me it's a dead ringer for Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur.
    Yep. I also think Nicolai NY smells similar.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I wore a sample of it last year during my vacation. I thought it worked really well in the heat!

I love it to pieces. I like Rocabar's top notes a lot, but then it turns pretty dull on me. I don't find them very similar...
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

I'm always surprised - often amazed - by what fragrances Basenoters say are similar. I think some people make very loose, broad associations: they both have lavender, or they are both orientals, therefore they remind me of each other. While some people actually expect the fragrances to smell the same or very nearly the same throughout. Taken as a whole, I find Creed's Bois du Portugal uncommonly good and unlike any other fragrance.
    Last edited by MysteryBuff40; 29th August 2012 at 05:07 AM.

I was told that Frank Sinatra wore this fragrance. It smelled very rich to me. Royal Oud also smelled rich to me.

Both are way over priced.

I do sense similarities with most or all of the scents mentioned on this thread, however with a twist: it seems to my nose as if the notes of all the aforementioned ones are combined, but doing so with an unexpected complexity, creativity and versatility.