Code of Conduct

Question Coldest, cleanest, freshest, most dentist's office-esque LEATHER scent

I seem to only like leather when it's cool, cold, clean and fresh, like a brand new Jaguar/Cadillac/BMW interior on a cold day. I (perhaps mistakenly) remember Kiton Black featuring a decently fresh floral leather note, but didn't have any cool/chilly aspect. Does anyone know where I can find this type of "cold new leather" accord in a perfume ??

Thanks

Default Re: Coldest, cleanest, freshest, most dentist's office-esque LEATHER scent

That's a tough one Dullah. I love leather scents more than any other genre and have tried most of them.

The true hyper-realistic leather scent in terms of a chemically treated brand new car interior doesn't exist in perfumery (Tuscan Leather is one of the closest, but still not a perfect match) as 90% of the "leather" scents are interpretations of what various types of leather smell.

Not sure what to recommend for a cool, chilly aspect coupled with a car leather interior style of leather scent. I know that there's not much out there that would fit this bill. As for the cleanest and freshest leather, however, I may recommend Odori Cuoio as it has a soapiness to it. I'm not sure that I would describe the leather note as car interior leather however.

Interested to see what other recommendations pop up, and no, the classic leather scents that always get recommended (Knize 10, CdR, REL, etc.) do not resemble new car leather in any way IMO even though they are great scents in their own right.

Default Re: Coldest, cleanest, freshest, most dentist's office-esque LEATHER scent

Maybe Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur.

Lancome Cuir and Vero Kern Onda have a lot of vetiver in the drydown, instead of amber, so they have a fresh aspect to them. But I agree that they do not smell like a cold car.

Perhaps something in the CDG synthetics? I don't know the line, but one wonders.

As a room spray, Vetiver de Java by Patricia de Nicolai can be described as very dry, coldish, strong leather. But it's just a room perfume.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Maybe Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur.
    Yep, I'd agree with classifying the Heeley as cold. Even colder would be the great Pascal Morabito Or Black (cool, crisp violet note, fougere leather), but again not the type of leather I would associate with car interior.

Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur is a start, but I think you need to mix it with something minty to get the effect you want: a dash of Roadster by Cartier maybe?

Cuiron or Cuir Pleine Fleur. If you're up for a dehumanizing experience, I'd call Garage by Comme des Garcons. Clean leather, industrial buildings, aseptic sci-fi labs....
    Last edited by alfarom; 29th August 2012 at 03:25 PM.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Cuiron, sadly. Next best would be Nostalgia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Cuiron or Cuir Pleine Fleur. If you're up for a dehumanizing experience, I'd call Garage by Comme ades Garcons. Clean leather, industrial buildings, aseptic sci-fi labs....
    Simultaneous suggestions!

I dunno about cool and cold, but clean and fresh leather, I could recommend True Religion. Although longevity is pretty bad, it has a great fresh and modern leather note that blends well with the citrus.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Nearest thing to your description I can think of is Aigner Black.

Helmut Lang- Curion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    Nostalgia
    I second this suggestion.

Frapin are bringing out a new scent called "SpeakEasy" soon. And it has leather and mint amongst its notes so it may be worth sampling to see if it fits the bill.

You know what - Aigner "In Leather" pretty sublime - i wore it in Cannes with moist/autumn climate prevailing - perfect!

Another for the Heeley.

This is a case for Mr Serge Noire

Nostalgia is appropriate in relation to the 'car interior' thing, but it doesn't strike me as 'cold'. Will be interested to see what other recommendations are made, as the concept outlined by the original poster is an interesting one...

Garage by Comme des Garcons is an interesting one - certainly cold / industrial, but this time we're outside the car...

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    Nostalgia.
    Terrific call, Suga!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Tuscan Leather.

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nostalgia seems like the perfect answer.

Probably most would disagree because it is seen as slightly dirtier, but the reformulation of Piguet's Bandit edp smells clean leather to me and a little cold due to the chypre structure, though it is certainly bold. Trumper's Spanish Leather is clean in a barbershop way.

fresh leather? no doubt DK UNLEADED, brutal longlasting too.
    #TOP 5#: Antico Caruso, Penhaligons Racquets,Creed BayRhum Vetiver,Domenico Caraceni,Castle Forbes 1445

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I'd go with Odori Cuio... Imo it lacks the warmth in Cuiron and Nostalgia.

Along the same lines as Cuir Pleine Fleur, Kelly Calche by Hermes.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I don't know that it's necessarily cold, but Gendarme has a fresh clean vibe with a touch of leather. The leather isn't dominant, but I do get it & it's nice.

Cold, clean, and fresh leather, SL Boxeuses.

Montale black musk

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Helmut Lang- Curion.
    This is closest in my mind to clean leather.
    Jean Luc Amsler Prive is pretty close to Cuiron for very cheap. I get clean leather from it also. Like a clear leather feeling, if that makes any sense.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Hi DULLAH. I think that Santa Maria Novella P'Eau D'Espagne will blow your head off.