Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Reflection Man

I've tried Reflection Man for the first time yesterday and I must say I'm disappointed.
    It is very similar to Le male, but more creamy, floral and powdery. It kind of make's me sick.
    Actually I find Le Male to be a better fragrance than Reflection Man.

Does anybody feels the same way?

Sorry but I can't understand all the love Reflection Man is getting.
    It is a bad fragrance...

My girfriend hates it to. She said I stink and to never put it again when she's around

Default Re: Amouage Reflection Man

I was disappointed as well. An unattractive scent IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by limaaa View Post
    I've tried Reflection Man for the first time yesterday and I must say I'm disappointed.
    It is very similar to Le male, but more creamy, floral and powdery. It kind of make's me sick.
    Actually I find Le Male to be a better fragrance than Reflection Man.

Does anybody feels the same way?

It is a bad fragrance...

My girfriend hates it to. She said I stink and to never put it again when she's around
    It all comes down to personal preference. This is one of my favourite fragrances and my appreciation for it began long before the 'hype' did.

I don't think you can say it's a bad fragrance though, as you state almost as fact above. It is expertly blended and has superb longevity and projection. It might not be for you and your tastes, but I really don't think it is a "bad" fragrance. There are many fragrances that I don't like personally but can appreciate that they are of excellent quality; Zafar is prime example of this.
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

It's like a L'Male and Joop powdery hybrid scent.lol....... I did not it like either and the longer I wore it the more it started to give me that sickly feeling. Not for me.

I'm so torn with this scent. On one hand I find the smell addicting, on the other I find it too sweet.

Your post has swayed me back to NOT needing this right now. But that may change tomorrow

I didn't like it either, and that's an understatement...

Quote Originally Posted by Fraghead View Post
    It all comes down to personal preference. This is one of my favourite fragrances and my appreciation for it began long before the 'hype' did.

I don't think you can say it's a bad fragrance though, as you state almost as fact above. It is expertly blended and has superb longevity and projection. It might not be for you and your tastes, but I really don't think it is a "bad" fragrance. There are many fragrances that I don't like personally but can appreciate that they are of excellent quality; Zafar is prime example of this.
    This is subjective opinion, not objective.
    First 20 minutes are great, but later on it's just too much for me

i hate it!

on the way back from amouage today, the SA sprayed 3 sprays on me - when i got off the train - my stomach was rumbling and i nearly threw-up! its that bad, please do not "reflect" on this mess!

I actually like it, but unfortunately my body doesn`t.. I get headache, nausea, and sore throat..

I don't know, maybe I don't like it because of florals, I don't like flowers in my fragrances. Just to creamy for me

Didn't care for this either.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Did not like Le Male, and was not going to pay more for an Amouage fragrance that reminds me of Le Male.

mihailo

An amazing scent, very similar to Le Male, but has a better dry-down. I personally would not buy a FB, but have certainly enjoyed my 2ml sample which lasted for days, since it is very strong.
    For me it would be very very very hard to tell the difference between Le Male, Le Male Terrible and Reflection when worn on skin (everything smerlls the same on the skin anyway, so... ...yeah...)

I like it but feel that there are much better offerings by Amouage and also I find it to be too ordinary for the price they charge.

I sort of hated it at first, but there was something so weird and compelling about it that I kept going back to it. Now I love it, even bought a full bottle. I wore it last Saturday when I was out running errands. Don't really know if it was the fragrance, but sales clerks seemed pretty flirty that day. Glad I gave Reflection another try.

The most unforgivable part of Reflection Man is that it smells decidedly cheap in the drydown. Not really what you want or expect from Amouage.

key is to limit it to 2 sprays or it can turn nasty very quickly.

I love the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    The most unforgivable part of Reflection Man is that it smells decidedly cheap in the drydown. Not really what you want or expect from Amouage.
    That's exactly what I expect from Amouage. Most of their frags have horribly composed basenotes that ruin the frag.

Reflection Man is not close to their best. I don't hate is as much as some of you seem to, but certainly would not purchase a full bottle of it. Of course I would sooner drink a bottle of Reflection Man than wear Interlude Man. Sadly, my wife seems to like both of these more than Jubilation, Lyric, Memoir, or some of the Opus Collection ones. *sigh* So, I will occasionally wear it - just around the house.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Reflection is maybe too beautifull a scent. I'm convinced that not just any old guy can pull off. Perfect for a Male model, Gigolo or handsome dude. Amazing juice!

Anyways......it's not for me, to creamy, to floral, I just can't wear it

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    I love the stuff.

Same here. I have had more sincere compliments from RM than any other fragrance I have ever owned. It works its magic in the spring and fall.

Anyways......it's not for me, to creamy, to floral, I just can't wear it
    well said.

It is a bad fragrance...
    I wasn't aware it was getting much love at all. Never tried it but I might just to test the waters.

I like it but don't love it.

i didnt care for this one either. Much prefer Epic man and Jubilation XXV. Havent tried anything else from this house except memoir.

I like this one but I am not that fond of the drydown.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

I get asked what scent I'm wearing more often with this on than any other scent I own with the exception of L'instant de Guerlain Extreme (in its spicy coco/vanilla dry down stage). So it must smell okay to the rest of the world. Never had anyone run for the hills screaming yet, but there is still time. The Le Male/Joop combination comparison is spot on, but I would throw in Davidoff Cool Water into the mix too, and then you pretty much have it. It's well done, very smooth, very strong. Think of it as a high quality, very expensive fun scent for casual use. You will either love it or hate it, but whatever you do don't buy it before you have thoroughly test driven it, as it is immune to the usual olfactory fatigue syndrome, and if you don't like it, it will drive you nuts, and you may end up jumping in a river, or having to call the fire brigade to come and hose you down to get the stuff off your skin.
    Personally, although I don't particularly like or dislike the aforementioned Joop, Le Male or current watered down version of Cool Water, I absolutely love this stuff.
    Last edited by Jamie A; 3rd September 2012 at 11:59 PM.

I find it to be mega ultra-plus super groovy.

Good stuff.

Is Lucas Sieuzac (Perfumer of Reflection Man) the son of Jean-Loius Sieuzac (created Opium pH, Bel Ami, Fahrenheit etc.)?

If yes, then Lucas must be sometimes in the shadow of his father┤s performance.