Code of Conduct

Default Atelier Cologne Vetiver Fatal & Rose Anonyme

Hello fellow Basenoters!
    Samples of two newest Atelier Colognes arrived at my door this Monday and I wanted to share my quick thoughts about them.

Vetiver Fatal
    Really interesting take on vetiver. There's a lot of citrus freshness in the opening (bergamot, lemon, bitter orange) and some woody-ness provided by cedar and vetiver. And there's a funny note of plum in there along with green smelling violet leaves. There's also oud that gives it depth. I don't really like vetiver, it's my problematic note but here in Vetiver Fatal I think I would be able to handle it without any damage on my nose

Rose Anonyme
    That's a poem to my nose! Bergamot in the opening, along with fizzy ginger, and them a multi-faceted rose that once is floral, once it's almost black, and from time to time there's also a paper-dry rose, a potpourri rose, mixed with papyrus. Patchouli and oud make it really deep, lasting, and seductive. To my nose it smells magnificent, a great rose fragrance for a man. I will be buying Rose Anonyme soon, I'm only waiting for my local niche perfumery to have it. They told me they should have it very soon, at the beginning of September.

Anyone else tried these two colognes absolues? What do you think about them?

Default Re: Atelier Cologne Vetiver Fatal & Rose Anonyme

Not tried yet but i really like Atelier Cologne, and the reviews are so positive...
    I wish i could get the deal when you buy 1x 6.7oz and get 1oz of the other for free of the new releases.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Not tried yet but i really like Atelier Cologne, and the reviews are so positive...
    I wish i could get the deal when you buy 1x 6.7oz and get 1oz of the other for free of the new releases.
    One of the online perfumeries just did that! When you bought one big bottle of these two new colognes absolues you got the second scent in 30 ml flacon as a gift.

I have Vetiver Fatal and was surprised on how citrus-y it was. In some aspects I feel it hides the vetiver. In the opening there's a giant orange note with plum, then that slowly dies down to reveal the vetiver and woodiness. I was reading that it's not actual oud but a combination of notes to give an oud feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    I have Vetiver Fatal and was surprised on how citrus-y it was. In some aspects I feel it hides the vetiver. In the opening there's a giant orange note with plum, then that slowly dies down to reveal the vetiver and woodiness. I was reading that it's not actual oud but a combination of notes to give an oud feeling.
    Oh I know you have it! I asked you to PM me some feedback about it not so long ago remember! From these two I prefer much Rose Anonyme bur Vetiver Fatal is also good, especially for a person like me, who is not a big vetiver fan. And maybe really it wasn't oud but just other things marking it, anyway, it gains depth.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Luckyscent.

Offer good till 9/30 or while supplies last.

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...&id=5647ff207a

Have both and like both but prefer the former.

There is a very clear orange note in Vetiver Fatal. Its nice.

for swap/sale:

Have samples of both, haven't tried the Vetiver yet, but the Rose is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!! I tried the sample today, and just went online and bought the 1 oz. spray; I have such an extensive fragrance collection, I will not use up the 6.7 oz. but when I run out of the rose, don't know what to do?...anyway, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THE ROSE ANONYME!!!

I love anything that is a combination of Rose+Oud.

I wanted to post as scent of the day, but BN do not list it yet.
    Last edited by fragranceluvr; 27th September 2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: addition

I'm thinking of blind buying Rose Anonyme. I have almost only read rave reviews of it and the notes sounds really nice as I love rose, oud and papyrus. Anyone have anything negative to say about it, or should I just go on and press the purchase button? How is the balance between oud and rose? Is it heavy, or can you wear it during the summer too without it getting cloying? Many reviewers says it has a dark and mysterious side to it, do you agree?

Including a link to my review of Rose Anonyme
    http://chemistinthebottle.wordpress....-rose-anonyme/

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    yep. no Oud.

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    I'm thinking of blind buying Rose Anonyme. I have almost only read rave reviews of it and the notes sounds really nice as I love rose, oud and papyrus. Anyone have anything negative to say about it, or should I just go on and press the purchase button? How is the balance between oud and rose? Is it heavy, or can you wear it during the summer too without it getting cloying? Many reviewers says it has a dark and mysterious side to it, do you agree?
    if your adverse to a*men then you may want to try it before you buy.
    it smells very similar to a*men sans the burnt caramel for a few hours.

for swap/sale:

I already pushed the purchase button . I can't say I like A*men. Maybe the patchouli makes them somewhat similar, I don't know if they share any other notes?

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    Including a link to my review of Rose Anonyme
    http://chemistinthebottle.wordpress....-rose-anonyme/
    Lucasai, your review is excellent. I have been searching for the "perfect" rose scent for a few months now and I purchased several different samples of rose fragrances, including Rose Anonyme. I was also given several samples of different roses by an extremely generours BN member.

For me, Rose Anonyme is the most gorgeous unisex rose fragrance out of all the ones I tried. Longevity(at least 8 hours on me) and projection are very good.

I placed my 200ml order yesterday directly from Atelier for their fantastic creation of this rose scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Noteworthy View Post
    Lucasai, your review is excellent. I have been searching for the "perfect" rose scent for a few months now and I purchased several different samples of rose fragrances, including Rose Anonyme. I was also given several samples of different roses by an extremely generours BN member.

For me, Rose Anonyme is the most gorgeous unisex rose fragrance out of all the ones I tried. Longevity(at least 8 hours on me) and projection are very good.

I placed my 200ml order yesterday directly from Atelier for their fantastic creation of this rose scent.
    Thank you sir for your kind words. You're encouraged to visit my site more often for other interesting articles presenting my take on other fragrances.

I'm sure you'll enjoy this big bottle a lot. I own the big one too!

I'm eagerly waiting for my Rose Anonyme. How does it compare to Heeleys Agarwoud? I really love Agarwoud, and it seems to share some notes at least on the paper. I guess they're not similar at all, but it would still be interesting to know if they share some similarities (rose, oud, incense).

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    I'm eagerly waiting for my Rose Anonyme. How does it compare to Heeleys Agarwoud? I really love Agarwoud, and it seems to share some notes at least on the paper. I guess they're not similar at all, but it would still be interesting to know if they share some similarities (rose, oud, incense).
    What a conicidence. I was wearing Heeley's Agarwood yesterday and as I was getting ready to order my bottle of Rose Anonyme I decided to put a dab of Anonyme on my wrist from a sample I had in my office. This was to be my final "smell good" test of Anonyme before pushing the button on my order with Atelier.

Nothing struck me while wearing both at the same time as having any similarities at all except that they are both fantastic smelling. But then again, I wasn't looking for similarities between them. Also, my nose probably isn't a great nose for making subtle distinctions of notes that are buried with other notes between two seperate fragrances. Rose Anonyme really does smell like roses but in a very unique manner. Agarwood doesn't have the dominant rose scent imo.
    Last edited by Noteworthy; 9th January 2013 at 07:18 PM.

Would you say this fragrance is similar to Bond No. 9's West Side? Or maybe even Tom Ford's Noir de Noir?

Vetiver Fatal didn't appeal to me for some reason. I like vetiver scents, but this one had a blend of other notes that took it too far away from vetiver in my opinion. It smelled cheap and reminded me of a commercial shampoo I had smelled before - not for me.

Rose Anonyme on the other hand is a very nice rose blended with woods that works really well for men. I compare it similarly to Amouage Lyric for Men. It doesn't smell at all like Noir de Noir - these are very different fragrances as Noir de Noir is much darker and less rosy. Rose Anonyme blends oud, frankincense, patchouli and papyrus wood into the base notes for a dry masculine scent and to my nose it is very bottle worthy. I think the ginger compromises the rose smell a little in the opening. But who knows. It does not last as long as I hoped, but the fragrance profile is very pleasing - similar to Lyric for Men, as mentioned earlier, but not of the same highly tuned quality. Rose Anonyme is a very nice introduction from Atelier and I don't feel that way about the last few they have come out with. It is not my favorite rose scent as there so many great ones out there; but I think it fills a gap for a non offensive masculine rose fragrance in a cologne style format.

Quote Originally Posted by eMCizzle View Post
    Would you say this fragrance is similar to Bond No. 9's West Side? Or maybe even Tom Ford's Noir de Noir?
    Definitely not Noir de Noir but West side a bit. From a theory point, yes they both smell rose-ish but not in the accepted contemporary way.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Vetiver Fatal didn't appeal to me for some reason. I like vetiver scents, but this one had a blend of other notes that took it too far away from vetiver in my opinion. It smelled cheap and reminded me of a commercial shampoo I had smelled before - not for me.

Rose Anonyme on the other hand is a very nice rose blended with woods that works really well for men. I compare it similarly to Amouage Lyric for Men. It doesn't smell at all like Noir de Noir - these are very different fragrances as Noir de Noir is much darker and less rosy. Rose Anonyme blends oud, frankincense, patchouli and papyrus wood into the base notes for a dry masculine scent and to my nose it is very bottle worthy. I think the ginger compromises the rose smell a little in the opening. But who knows. It does not last as long as I hoped, but the fragrance profile is very pleasing - similar to Lyric for Men, as mentioned earlier, but not of the same highly tuned quality. Rose Anonyme is a very nice introduction from Atelier and I don't feel that way about the last few they have come out with. It is not my favorite rose scent as there so many great ones out there; but I think it fills a gap for a non offensive masculine rose fragrance in a cologne style format.
    Nice write up buzzle.

for swap/sale:

I've got my Rose Anonyme and it reminds me of a mix of Montale Black Aoud and MFK Lumiere Noir. It starts out rather heavy (but not as heavy as Black Aoud), then later it turns into a clean rose scent (like the "bright" part of Lumiere Noire). It's nothing like Heeley's Agarwoud, but if I had to choose between them I would choose Agarwoud. If you like Black Aoud but think it's too heavy I think you would really love Rose Anonyme. I'll give it a 3.5/5.

Both of these seem like pretty good frags. Nice reviews.

I changed my mind. Atelier, first, I really didn't care about this house. My first impression of Atelier was another boring house, nothing new with scents too simple or normal. But now, Atelier becomes my favorite. This vetiver, I used to dislike and call it an un-vetiver boring scent. Now, I really need a big size bottle. This creamy aromatic woody scent smells so good on my skin. Both longervity and sillage are quite good. With 5sprays, I can enjoy the scent more than 8hours. More than 8hours full of enjoyable vetiver. Amazing.