Code of Conduct

Thumbs up A Review of C. O. Bigelow Barber 1585 Elixir White: An Allure Homme Sport Clone done right

So CO Bigelow products are sold at Bath & Bodyworks retail outlets which is where I picked up a little gem called Barber Elixir White. It is an unapologetic brazen copy of Allure Homme Sport; from the fragrance combination of citrus and pepper right down to the silver spray painted glass bottle with black cap.As an Allure owner I'd be angry but I have to say for a cheaper scent, this juice is done right. It's a bit more woody than Allure Homme Sport in the mid and base but does a respectable emulation of Chanel's classic. I also get a little Terre d'Hermes here due to the citrus and woods in the base so fans of that fragrance might want to check this one. Longevity gives me 4-6 which isn't bad for a Chypre that's an EDC with citrus notes. The lemon here is quite natural and there's a very mild sweetness due to the bergamot and grapefruit, but this is no gourmand that's for sure. Worth trying out and if you're an Allure lover on a budget, and at 25 bucks for 75mL this is a no-brainer.
    Last edited by MarquisdeSod; 13th September 2012 at 07:17 AM.

Default Re: A Review of C. O. Bigelow Barber 1585 Elixir White: An Allure Homme Sport Clone done right

I think its a pretty decent fragrance too. It does smell like a mixture of some of the top sellers.

Default Re: A Review of C. O. Bigelow Barber 1585 Elixir White: An Allure Homme Sport Clone done right

Without a doubt!. After the alcohol note elixir dries down to an almost (identical) exact Chanel Sport on drydown IMO. None of the top notes~ that last 30 mins. Wondered why I liked it so much. Thanks for pointing it out!