Code of Conduct

Default Versace Man Eau Fraiche Vs. Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme?

These guys smell exactly the same.
    The important question is which one has a stronger projection/longevity?

Default Re: Versace Man Eau Fraiche Vs. Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme?

They smell nothing alike to me. Bvlgari pH Extreme smells far more natural, less chemical components used, more of a Hermes like fragrance. Versace EF smells generic, although not bad at all -- pH Extreme is gorgeous though, probably my favorite designer citrus fragrance. Reminds me of Voyage d'Hermes but with more citrus.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

I agree that these share a little bit of DNA, but not enough to say they smell the same. However, Extreme has about 14 hours more longevity than EF
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

For me, Eau Fraiche is the better compliment getter. Has good projection and longevity.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Bvlgari PH Extreme always gave me almost record-worthy longevity and projection, something Versace Eau Fraiche could hardly achieve- but the again it might not be so much the merit of Bvlgari PH Extreme, it might also have to do with my skin chemistry.

Bvlgari Extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    These guys smell exactly the same.
    The important question is which one has a stronger projection/longevity?
    Wow. Uhm... whoa. They smell completely different to me.

Bvlgari PH Extreme would be my choice, and it has better longevity, but I suspect the Versace would be better as a compliment getter.

I'd pick the Bvlgari if I were staying at home or going to a formal event, but if I were going on a date, I'd go with the Versace.

Sur la Plage

I do not think they smell the same - but I am not fond of either one of them.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

The dry down is identical in my skin as well. Top notes are more prominent in Eau Frache though.

Both are great but longevity wise I give it to Bvlgari Extreme

projection : Bvlgari
    longevity : Bvlgari
    quality : Bvlgari
    Seasonal favorites :

Winter : The Dreamer & Burberry London
    Spring-Autumn : Bvlgari Pour Homme & Prada Man
    Summer : Bvlgari Aqva & Aqua Fahrenheit
    All-Rounders : Terre D'Hermes & Bleu de Chanel

Basenotes Junkie

I don't think these smell alike at all. I own Eau Fraiche and recommended it. The top notes don't last, but the woody dry down goes on forever. I've only tested Bvlgari Extreme once, so I haven't formed any strong opinions about it yet, but I didn't feel like it was very extreme, despite the name. Average longevity on me.

Bvlgari Extreme, once is dries down, smells very similar to Versace Eau Fraiche to me.
    After all the reviews and testing it on myself, it is clear that Bvlgari Extreme beats Versace Man in projection & longevity.
    Thanks for all the replies.

One more thing to think about, though it's kind of silly. That Bvlgari bottle is classy as hell and very snoopworthy. Snoopworthy? Yeah. I had an interesting date recently. We went back to my place for drinks. At one point, she got up to use the bathroom. When she returned, I did the same... and when I walked into my bathroom I immediately smelled Gucci Pour Homme II! I grinned because I knew she must have been snooping and sprayed it. There's something to be said for a classy bottle.

I'm not complaining about her snooping, by the way. There's a reason I keep a few choice bottles where I do. I think it's smart for a single guy to store a few classy bottles in one of those obvious places where someone might peek, like a medicine cabinet. And like I said... that Bvlgari bottle? It's totally snoopworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    One more thing to think about, though it's kind of silly. That Bvlgari bottle is classy as hell and very snoopworthy. Snoopworthy? Yeah. I had an interesting date recently. We went back to my place for drinks. At one point, she got up to use the bathroom. When she returned, I did the same... and when I walked into my bathroom I immediately smelled Gucci Pour Homme II! I grinned because I knew she must have been snooping and sprayed it. There's something to be said for a classy bottle.

I'm not complaining about her snooping, by the way. There's a reason I keep a few choice bottles where I do. I think it's smart for a single guy to store a few classy bottles in one of those obvious places where someone might peek, like a medicine cabinet. And like I said... that Bvlgari bottle? It's totally snoopworthy.
    Hahaha snoopworthy. Thats awesome. Ye the Bvlgari Bottle looks classy as hell. I love it!

LOL. Snoopworthy. I love that. I'm going to use that now too! I have tried MEF, but I really want to. That being said, if I could say I had a signature scent, it would be Bvlgari PH Extreme. So there.
    - Ben -

Top Five:
    Creed Royal Oud; Byredo Black Saffron; Etro Etra; Creed Aventus; Xerjoff Nio

eBay: mississippi_rifleman
    Twitter: Cigar_Ben

Wardrobe

Stogie Review

They smell nothing alike to me either, but the Bvlgari is the better frag in all ways.

Banned

Of the two, Versace Man Eau Fraiche by Versace.

I agree they have a similar effect. They have their differences, versace smells more floral and bvlgari more green, but I understand this comparison. They're both good, I think bvlgari lasts a bit longer, but on the scent itself, I'd take Versace. It has a Mediterranean summery vibe that I really like. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    They smell nothing alike to me.
    Nor to me.

Both are good in longevity and projection to me. Eau Fraiche is for young people and Pour Homme Extreme for men.

Both are not good in logevity and projection in general. Fraich is short live frag. , last 2h on me, and does not project at all... They are not the same, or eather simillar ... Personaly i would go for Bvlg. Extreme , for me this one is frag with greater quality oposing Versace Fraiche

I like both fragrances but have to go with Versace, on me it lasts a long time (about 8h) and ofc i get a lot of compliments