Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Friday, 31 August 2012

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Default Re: SOTD Friday, 31 August 2012

Good Morning,

House twins with Alfarom today: Cuir Mauresque.

Have a lovely Friday, gang.

Good morning,

Yet another house twin, guys!
    I'm in Boxeuses... still slightly underwhelmed! It is too soft-spoken and the dark plum accord is too dominant until the quiet drydown. I splashed it on my chest and found the remainders on my shirt smell really good. A nice fragrance, but not daring enough, Serge!

Happy Friday to all!

Shalimar Parfum Initial for lunch out with a friend at a newly-opened
    French Bistro in town. Sunny day here so far so tights will not be coming
    out of storage yet!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

L'Artisan Iris pallida 2007 from a tester I ordered after reading an "iris thread" here. It's simply wonderful, and I am glad it lasts max 2 hours on my skin, so I won't have to start a hopeless and expensive search all over the fragrant world to find a bottle
    Visit my Norwegian blog
    http://www.hagenpahytta.net
    Gardening, nature, food, perfume, life.

"Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors"
    Mary Cantwell

On dark and rainy days I wear dark perfume. It's Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense

Osmanthe Yunnan.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. In synch today with Givenchy Insense.

Hello all! I missed you!

I'm in TraversŤe du Bosphore, in a windy day.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

In sync with Creed White Flowers.

Have a great weekend.

For today's sync and out of solidarity with all SL fans, it is Fleurs d'Oranger on me today.

RHM, it is some good piece of news. Don't be nervous, I will keep my fingers crossed.

A lady at work brought us two boxes of produce she grew: peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, cantaloupe, onions and a head of cabbage. Since I will be working the whole weekend -- you see, sometimes I think we live in southern France here, as the Labor Day weekend coincides with the township celebrations complete with the parade, street dance, music bands, beer garden, cookouts, games in the park and a pie social in the library -- and the restaurant needs my feet and hands -- all this bounty has to wait until Tuesday. Meantime, I will be looking for true and trusted letscho recipe. Please PM me if you have one.

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is Acqua di Parma's scrumptious Mandorlo di Sicilia, happy Friday all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Voleur de Roses

queen of the universe

First day teaching. Synching with Tea Rose, exactly one spritz. Cutting it down to size with a dab of Maderas de Oriente.
    90s forecast.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

iodine, so nice to see you!

Best wishes to you today, jujy!

Twolf I have no recipe for you but have been meaning to ask if you have looked at Aerosoles shoes. I have a pair of open toe 2 inch heels from their A2 line that are among the most comfortable shoes I own. Hard to believe but true!

Shades, glad you shared you Obsession story yesterday, was so touching. Carrol must have been a fabulous person. You are very lucky to have been mentored by her.

Creed Fleur de The Rose Bulgare for the sync today. Hug and wink to 30R. Happy Friday, gang!
    Last edited by PerfumedLady; 31st August 2012 at 12:26 PM.
    The nose wants what it wants!

hello all. Caron Fleurs de Rocaille vintage extract.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Congratulations PerfumedLady

Good morning everyone!

I'm in sync I think, in Fragonard's soft and beautiful Belle de Soleil for the continuing drama of US Open tennis! Jon and gandhajala - I meant to tell y'all that I thought about you when your little sweetie Laura Robson was beating Kim Clijsters - it looks like you have another Brit to cheer on, and she clearly has champion potential! And cello, I almost forgot about the hurricane that hit NY last year, but I do remember finding myself sniffing the air for any traces of iris perfume in the hopes of picking you out in the crowd, lol!

Speaking of hurricanes, my parents are fine as is their home, and my home is fine, as are our kitties ...who don't like storms very much and hid from their sitters so some were reported as missing - eek! But all have been accounted for - phew! Anyway, thanks again for your concern Jon, P-Lady (congrats on your big milestone!) and 30Roses - it means a lot to me.

So yes, perfume ...Belle de Soleil has this wonderfully soft and tropical frangipane note that I love more and more every time I wear it, and that's a floral thus I'm in sync. Y'all have a fantastic day!

((Shades)) - wonderful tribute, you honor Carrol beautifully.

ps - I wore my new-to-me vintage Nahema last night ...of course it's perfectly glorious!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 31st August 2012 at 12:50 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Good morning! Today I'm wearning Tea Rose by Perfumer's Workshop

Blog Entries

Good Morning Fellow Life Forms:

French Cancan Caron

I will join you in an Amouage rose later...

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Today I'm synching in Sa majeste la rose.

Today I'm in sync wearing "La Tulipe" by Byredo. Such a pretty light floral for another 94 degree hot and humid day. I wasn't aware tulips have much fragrance and this smells more like lilacs (not listed in the notes) and freesia to me and adding light spices in the dry down. Just wish the longevity were longer on me.

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Synching in Ombre Rose L'Original de Jean Brosseau parfum for iris loveliness (okay, I admit I'm layering it over the faintest spritz possible of Aromatics Elixir... which is not capable of being faint). Enjoy the Friday. That's an imperative, apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Oops I forgot Iris is not technically "floral." Oh well, Ombre Rose is still classified as a floral!

Blog Entries

That's good news, Evangeline.

Synching with PerfumedLady (I noticed you hit 1000 posts, congratulations!) and wearing FdTRB today!

It is sunny here, should be humid and quite warm, 92 or so. Not insufferable but still the AC is on.

But I need to get out of the house! I've felt awfully cooped up this week, dealing with my temperamental mother and daughter, and I need a good gallavant to get the mental cobwebs out. What to do, where to go?? Thinking, thinking....
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 31st August 2012 at 05:49 PM.

Aoud Forest by Montale

Synched in Molinard Violette & Muguet this morning. Now in the incredible vintage Femme from an incredibly generous and stylish BNer. Femme is the scent my mum wore and what an early boyfriend wore, for me a real comforting beauty. SL Arabie is nearest to the 1989 reformulaion but nothing comes close to the fleshy peachy, plummy, stoned fruitiness of the original

Basenotes Institution

Habit Rouge vintage EdT + vintage Deodorant by Guerlain

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Evangeline, such good news! So happy all is well with your family and home. What a relief it must have been!

Thank you all for the congrats! Look at me go at the speed of molasses! Finally did it! The best part is knowing this bunch of folks, far better than a new star. Although I like that, too!
    The nose wants what it wants!

For happy Friday, I pulled out a sample that I have been meaning to try all summer! Since I have only a few more weeks, I bet get rolling.

I'm in synch in La Perla Blue today - citrus, fleurs and a faint woody patch it seems. And water I like it though, as it doesn't get sharp and unnatural on me. Perfumed, but natural - like I like it.

Congratulations, perfumedlady, on 1000 posts!

((((30R)))) How about a trip to the quiet corner of CT? Sharpe Hill Vineyards in Pomfret has a really great restaurant and winery (although the wines, not surprisingly, tend toward the sweet side). :-) My college roommate grew up near Storrs, and she and I took a long girls' weekend in CT with her mom and aunt, who still live in the area, back in April. The weather was wonderful, and we had a lovely time at Sharpe Hill.

I'm synching today Songes. I love this one!

RHM, I'm so sorry about your migraine -- I suffered from them for a very long time until I ceased taking a certain daily little white pill. I'm glad you're feeling better. Congratulations on the call-back, and good luck. I'll be sending oodles of confident thoughts your way!
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 31st August 2012 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Sunny day here so far so tights will not be coming
    out of storage yet!
    Hosiery of the day: my M & S black opaques are out - it's turned a bit chilly over this way.

For synch Friday I am wearing Tiare by Ormonde Jayne.

Congratulations PerfumedLady!

Best to all and have a great weekend.

(((RHM))) my empathy x

Basenotes Plus

Welcome back, iodine

E, must have been a big relief to hear that all is fine back home. Hope you can relax now and concentrate fully on the tennis.

Still in synch this evening with Paco Rabanne Tenere.

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing I profumi di Firenze Plenilunio, which means "Full Moon." The moon was just grogeous last nigth, and tonight I will be seeing it from my SIL and BIL's deck in Kansas City with a cool beverage in hand! I'm off for a few days of fun, food, beverages, and Royals baseball. (Oh, and an Irish Festival too!)

E, so relieved to hear your home and kitties are safe!

RHM, hope you are feeling better!

Thanks to everyone for the kind words ...

I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Jon and gandhajala - I meant to tell y'all that I thought about you when your little sweetie Laura Robson was beating Kim Clijsters - it looks like you have another Brit to cheer on, and she clearly has champion potential! ...
    She did do well, didn't she. Sounds like you're having a great time and smelling pretty awesome too in that vintage Nahema

Friday night, the wine is uncorked and I'm relaxing in a cloud of Chanel Cuir de Russie (EdT).

Here's to a fab weekend. Cheers !

Blog Entries

ExtremeK! We love the Quiet Corner-- but mostly we go antiquing there; no doubt the winery would be interesting but we are a non-drinking family.

We're going to go to Mystic and North Stonington tomorrow. The temperature will be lower by 8 degrees Saturday, a nicer day to stroll around. My husband and I and our first date in Mystic so it's always fun to go back. Plus, tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of my brother's death and I always get a bit morose every Sept. 1, so that will be a nice diversion.

I want to apologize for not being very active these past few days or so. I've been a little busy. Today I went out with my mom, we spotted dressers that would work really well for my room [one of our neighbors put them by the curb for my mom to come look at exquisite, definitely similar to what I wanted] We came, back from our errands and they were gone, ah well. I did buy a nice Audrey Hepburn print at Walmart for 10 dollars, black and white on canvas. Audrey's my girl crush, I love her. Anyway I spent most of today cleaning and listening to Rocky Horror, dancing the time warp in my bedroom. In sync today with the Synchronized Friday testing the remaining Rosines from my samples finally. Hope everyone is having a good day
    "I guess it's like most dreams, people work hard for them, they take time, When you arrive you aren't sure if it's what you expected. Hopefully it's better, but I guess that is why people dream and choose to chase them" ~anonymous.

"Youíre buying stars to shut out the light. We come alone and alone we die And no matter how hard you try Iíll always belong in the sky" ~ Marina and The Diamonds

I changed this afternoon to Sud Pacifique's Vanille Banana. Have a nice weekend everyone, see you all next Tuesday. Oh, and be sure to check out the Blue Moon tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I'm wearing I profumi di Firenze Plenilunio, which means "Full Moon." The moon was just grogeous last nigth, and tonight I will be seeing it from my SIL and BIL's deck in Kansas City with a cool beverage in hand! I'm off for a few days of fun, food, beverages, and Royals baseball. (Oh, and an Irish Festival too!)E, so relieved to hear your home and kitties are safe!

[/COLOR]
    Sounds like a great weekend, Shades!! Enjoy!

I am ready for the weekend!
    Today I am test-driving a new fougere I been playing with, and liking it. Notes are: Aniseed, Lavender, Jasmine, Tarragon, Clary Sage, Vetiver, Patchouli , sandalwood, Amber accord, Oakmoss, Orris. I think it's quite interesting. Will report in tomorrow. Hopefully it won't kill the restaurant we are going to. (You know I likes em strong)
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Good morning all!

I am in sync with Ellenisia by Penhaligon

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I HEREBY VOW . . .
    I, Quarry, will again wear perfume and be fully attentive of Basenotes and her wonderful populous starting tomorrow, Saturday, Sept. 1.

Reminder: Tomorrow's SnS Saturday -- opposite-gender fragrance.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Blog Entries

SOTD: Lime, Basil and Mandarin by Jo Malone.

Good afternoon!

Lavanila.Vanilla Coconut

Just got back home to Virginia this afternoon (yay!).

And...came home to a lovely care package from a very kind Basenoter who sent me, among other treasures, some vintage Ombre Rose edt, so that is my SotE. I wore this in the 80s, and it still smells lovely to me.

Cristalle Eau Verte on this hot, humid and stormy day.

Y by Yves St Laurent. It is so bright, refreshing & cheerful!

Terre D'Hermes.
    Last edited by Alvus; 1st September 2012 at 02:19 AM.

Blog Entries

LOL, this is too funny! I decided that a Friday sync in floral, my favorite category, will be perfect to come back to my long-missed SOTD thread.
    You can find me still through PMs and the Blind Sniff thread and that's all great, but not quite enough for me.
    So here I am, deciding that I will come in and give a vow to be fully back and give my lovely BN community some regular attention -- and look who's my MIND-sync and VOW-sync! Hey Quarry! I've been loving your DK Jasmine Essence, but I am rocking a different jasmine today -- lovely gentle unforgettable Ophelia by Heeley.

And congratulations on your 1,000 milestone, dear PerfumedLady!

Oh, 30R, I didn't know about your brother. I am so sorry. I must say, it seems like you're due for a good weekend. Hugs!!! I love Mystic!! Hopefully that will be just the soul salve you need.

I just discovered that our local Von Maur (i.e., Nordstrom wanna-be) started carrying Bond No. 9's I Love NY series on August 1st. So I'm testing I Love NY For All tonight, and so far, I'm really enjoying it. It's the only fragrance with an overt pepper note that I can wear. Now, I know you all will be SHOCKED by this, but I'm loving the vanilla dry-down.

Manhattan by Bond No.9 from a sample!!!
    Gary

Warum you smell amazing. I liked Ophelia quite a bit, if only there wasn't so many on the wish list already...Synching in Jasmin de Nuit

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Bel Ami tonight. For me, always a good choice.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Was wearing the classic men's Stetson I couldn't resist putting on at a drugstore to contrast with a very sharp-edged outfit. Nice for a super-cheap, but I started having a multiple-citrus reaction sneezing fit.

Today I also tried the Gaga scent again to see if my dislike had been wrong. Found its opening even worse and the not as bad drydown more fleeting.

"Goodbye to all that" in Jacomo Parfum Rare.
    Last edited by anomie et ivoire; 1st September 2012 at 04:24 AM.

Just hanging out with friends, so Bleu de Chanel.