Code of Conduct

Default Musc Ravageur Oil version

Hi guys,
    hope you can help me out! My beloved one loves MR but only the oil version. He says the edp smells on his skin like bug repellent than coke, he only likes the dry down. I know the oil is now discontinued but I was hoping I can get a bottle for him as an anniversary gift. I was searching on the internet - no results so far. If you have any ideas don't hesitate to share with me!
    Thank you so much!

Default Re: Musc Ravageur Oil version

hmmm, I have a Brand New Bottle in Box of this, just got it with the EdP/EdT... Can you gimme a couple of days to test and check which I like? Otherwise I have a feeling you're in luck!

Dependent

thats so nice ^^^^^^^

Wow I can't believe how kind you are! Please take your time and let me know!

Banned

Legendary interview from Malle on behalf of his oil:

http://blogdorfgoodman.blogspot.de/2...e-on-musc.html

"Itís a technology
    for maximum sexy pleasure."

I would love the oil too, much prefer it to the EDP, I wish I get get ahold of a bottle

I've read this article! Truly legendary.
    There is something in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Forfreddie: Oh you must know how my hubby feels!
    I can understand why he prefers it to the EDP, it is slightly more mellow but still has the same effect. I can't stop sniffing his neck when he's wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirdeNoir View Post
    I've read this article! Truly legendary.
    There is something in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Forfreddie: Oh you must know how my hubby feels!
    I can understand why he prefers it to the EDP, it is slightly more mellow but still has the same effect. I can't stop sniffing his neck when he's wearing it.
    To be honest, I'm not a huge Musc Ravageur fan, but I adored the oil on my skin, I found it had bigger throw for a couple hours and got rid of the clove note that puts me off the EDP. It's not a wonderful EDP, but it is a wonderful oil... if that makes sense. A real shame it's gone. Such good value too.

Oh dear,
    I've been looking all over for the oil version, does anyone know where you can actually "sort-of" get ahold of this?

Surely there must be some place where they still carry it, unless the stores send them back when they are being pulled off the shelves.

Anyone who's been spotting the oil version semi-lately?

Dependent

i cant seem to find it any were

Me neither. I gave up hope.

I know the Barneys NY in Chicago carries a damn impressive array of Malle. Perhaps you've got a Barneys NY close enough?
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by DuNezDeBuzier View Post
    I know the Barneys NY in Chicago carries a damn impressive array of Malle. Perhaps you've got a Barneys NY close enough?
    could i be able to call find out an they ship it to me?

Unfortunately I don't, I'm from Europe.

I have a BNIB bottle of fresh oil/juice of this. Just PM'd NoirdeNoir and if we can't work something out then I'll message you Freddie, Cali, Kenta, and others...
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I hadn't really realised just how scarce this had become, so I went direct to the horse's mouth (Malle cusotmer service) so to speak...

Me: "I am interested in obtaining Musc Ravaguer in the oil form. I am positive that it used to be offered, what happened? Where can I obtain some?"

Response from contactus@editionsdeparfums.com: "Thank you for your inquiry. We no longer make this product and unfortunately, there is no more out there. I have done research for other clients with this request and come up empty handed."

Looks like ebay and others down down down on the distribution channels are where it's at, if it's at, at all --- besides, of course, our fortunate fellow basenoter above
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

I've seen it offered still on at least one French e-tailer: http://www.ombresportees.fr/frederic...-6889-120.html

May or may not be of help.