Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Black Aoud vs Rose Oud vs Oud Wood vs M7....how would you compare these frags.

Ive sampled Black Oud and Rose Oud. I have Oud Wood. Never had m7. How would you compare these four. Which are similar, whats the differences. I want to add Black Oud to my collection but want to be sure before i buy. Ive also sampled Bond NY oud...not my thing.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Oh ive also sampled Red Aoud, Oud Ispahan and Leather Oud. I liked Oud Ispahan but dont see me wearing often. Maybe one a cold ass night in DC. Red Oud was to gourmandish for me. Leather Oud smelled like cat pissed on a leather coat.

The point of this thread is to try and narrow down what type of oud frags i like. What my oud style is....

Black Oud and Kilian Rose oud have been my fav so far. I also like Noir de Noir and Bond Amber Oud. So am i a western oud guy, cambodian oud guy, oud up front oud in the back???? I can say Black oud is medicinal at first but quickly dissapates to a creamy rosey incense frag that i like.

Thanks for your help

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Black Aoud vs Rose Oud vs Oud Wood vs M7....how would you compare these frags.

I have not smelled Rose Oud. To me, Oud Wood is a good synth oud with all the notes firmly in place. Black oud is stronger and with a big punch, as all Montales; the punch comes both from the oud and from the rose. M7 is more traditionally woody relatively to the others, has no rose, and has some sweet fruit notes. I would also go with Black Aoud, as long as you like big powerhouses.

cacio

Edit (after seeing your second msg). Ah, I had forgotten that Rose oud is a Kilian. I smelled it, now I remember. It's a smooth oud with rose, sort of like a richer Tom Ford OW with rose. It seems to me you like ouds either pure or with rose, but not with musks or other notes. Other examples could be Kilian pure oud (related to Rose oud, but with less rose) and Montale Lime Aoud (oud, rose, saffron, smoother than Black Aoud, but still with plenty of punch).

Default Re: Black Aoud vs Rose Oud vs Oud Wood vs M7....how would you compare these frags.

I like the vintage M7 better out of those
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Kilian Rose Oud is similar to TF Oud Wood. Smoother but rich like OW. No i dont like incensy oud. I like oud and rose.

Black Aoud for me is the most appealing, although also like M7.

Post Thanks / Like

Of the ones you've mentioned, Oud Wood is my favorite. It's also my favorite of the Private Blends. Second would be Kilian's Rose Oud. I don't find the two similar. OW has a strong oud note and woods in the background. RO has a strong rose note with some hints of oud.

Leather Oud is okay, but no real wow factor going on. Oud Ispahan isn't bad, but it bears a striking resemblance to Black Aoud. Black Aoud is a very nice smelling fragrance, but not sure if it's bottle worthy for me.

Never tried M7.

Post Thanks / Like

I say OW and Kilian RO are similar because they are smooth and rich without a medicinal oud or fecal oud not. The oud in both are there without being dominating or "stanky"

Post Thanks / Like

Also, forgot to mention, if you like rose-oud fragrances, you should definitely try Bond no 9 New York Oud. It's a really nice oud scent with hints of rose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Black Aoud for me is the most appealing, although also like M7.
    Same here.