Power Where You Need It

Default SoTD Saturday, 1 September 2012

Comme Des Garcons Soda

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Default Re: SoTD Saturday, 1 September 2012

Graphite by Claude Montana

Good morning,

Cold and rainy here. I am baking braided yeast bread for the first time... looking good. Aptly I am in the spicy, hot Caron Poivre.

Best to all

Good morning!

no 5 eau Premiere by Chanel

Hallo and a wonderful day to all of you!

Serge Lutens Daim Blond

I smell of Moulin Rouge. This scent is so vivid and funny!

Good Morning,

Dull day here, too.
    House twins with Mr. Daltroff Larimar : Tabac Blond extrait.

Have a lovely Saturday, gang.

Still wafting around in the incredible vintage Femme. 1 dab lasted 21 hrs. Longevity modern perfumery can only fantasise about

Not in my top form the last few days.
    Here is what I have been wearing: Rance Laetitia, Josephine, Cristalle, Pulp by Byredo, Spellbound, Black by Bulgari.
    SOTD: A Taste of Heaven By Kilian.
    Currently wearing: Chinatown by Bond No. 9

Hello all. JHAG Citizen Queen.
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: Rose by Caron

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is Hermes Rocabar for today's SnS (opposite gender)

Enjoy the day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Formula.jpg

Good evening. It rained for the first time in Tokyo in more than 2 weeks! I'm enjoying the cooler air.

I went to Satori parfum salon yesterday and got a sample set containing 10 fragrances. I'm wearing Lady Murasaki on my left wrist and Black Peony on my right. LM is a pretty and light fragrance and BP is a creamy, floriental. I'm liking Black Peony a lot.

Black Peony;
    Top notes of bergamot, mandarin
    Middle notes of orange flower, violet, geranium
    Base notes of sandalwood, musk, patchouli, amber, moss, vanilla

The salon was a tiny space on the ground floor of a commercial building and Satori herself helped me try her fragrances. Unfortunately, they had sold out of Black Peony, so I'll have to wait a while if I decide to buy it. I also got a free sample of Iris Homme and the signature perfume Satori. Send me a PM if anyone wants to try.

Iris Homme - (GONE)
    Top notes
    Lemon, elemi, cassis, prune
    Middle notes
    Iris (Nioi-Ayame), violet, jasmine
    Base notes
    Vetiver, sandalwood, light musk

Satori
    Type
    woody, oriental incense
    Topnotes
    bergamot, coriander
    Middle notes
    cinnamon, clove, cacao
    Base notes
    frankincense, sandalwood, oak moss
    Last edited by ladymurasaki; 1st September 2012 at 12:49 PM.
    Do happy

Wearing Bleu de Chanel with a touch of Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Good morning, old friends.
    For today's opposite-sex SnS, I've poured Aventus down the cavern of my 42D cleavage (is that a world first?). Will discuss Aventus' virtues in the SnS thread.

I haven't worn any fumes in days. Yesterday I didn't even brush my hair as I finished "roughing in" the new computer set-up. The new Mac Mini is pretty great.

Today is a cleaning marathon day for me at home alone. Mr. Quarry and our little Pebble are at a 12-hour track event. I expect DH will run at least a marathon (26.3 miles), and our daughter may nearly double that. OH, THE STINKING LAUNDRY THEY'LL BRING HOME!!!

Hugs and hugs and smooches all around!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.
    Currently wearing: Jicky by Guerlain

Ladymurasaki, what a great experience! Very happy for you that Satori took care of you, how cool!

Very pleased to see both Quarry and Warum yesterday! Will be holding you to those promises, gals!

So even though it is muggy hot and looking like storms, we are apparently going camping and canoeing. Now,
    I'm pretty outdoorsy but in this type of weather, I like my camping trips to include a hotel suite! Wish me luck! Taking JCE with me, wearing Bulgari au The Vert today.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Good day to all This morning I forgot about the S'n'S so put on some Bois des iles for work. Later I might wear some Egoiste,but also in the mood for Chene. ( unisex strictly speaking,but rather masculine too I think) Have a great saturday all.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I'm wearing L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger today-- I need a cheerful scent for our day out.

Mom just called my cell phone and demanded to know where her money is, and threatened to cut me from her will (first time for that, but not the last, I'm sure.) She says her wallet is empty; I made sure it wasn't, but apparently she doesn't look any more, just assumes it is empty. (I had to hunt in her closet the other day to locate the money she'd hidden and return it to her wallet.) She is afraid she'll be tossed out on the street due to having no money. I've left prominent notes on her table to reassure her about her secure living arrangements and that she has enough money, but reassurance seems to last a shorter and shorter time. Such is dementia.

I am tempted to turn off my cell phone when we go out, so I can actually relax for a few hours, but that might only make her panic more.
    Babies have begun hatching on the Estonian osprey nests.
    All 3 eggs have hatched at Irma and Joosep's nest. Live webcam: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/kalakotkas2.html

There are now 2 babies at Mai and Mikk's nest! Live webcam: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/kalakotkas.html
    Osprey discussion forums: http://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/viewforum.php?f=56

Hello everyone!

Well, we're still in NY, but Tony's tied up with business at the moment so I've got a little time to kill before getting over to the tennis center this morning. It's gotten warmer here, so I'm going to try my best to keep my cool in the refreshing, vivacious and elegant Bel Respiro today.

Y'all have a great day!

P-Lady - good luck to you, and have fun!

((30Roses))
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

((((30R)))), I' m so sorry to hear this. Please try to enjoy yourself today, hope your getaway will give you a bit of peace. I took the brunt of my own mother's dementia before she passed, I absolutely believe you deserve to turn off that phone for a little while. My best thoughts are with you.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Happy September everyone- though for many of us it means "back to work" , it's still one of my favourite months!
    Celebrating with gorgeous Séville à l'aube, my recent Parisian acquisition...
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

30 R, what a challenge! I admire your strength and stamina. Hope your day will turn out a good one

Today I'm wearing ELDO's Tilda Swinton Like this. Great comfort scent, loving the apricot note.
    Visit my Norwegian blog
    http://www.hagenpahytta.net
    Gardening, nature, food, perfume, life.

"Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors"
    Mary Cantwell
    Currently wearing: DKNY Women by Donna Karan

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

(((30R))) I wish I could inoculate you from the expressions of anguish that manifest every time the phone rings. As PerfumedLady and others here know, you’re in a situation that is relatively inescapable emotionally. Embrace those moments of refuge and trust that better days really are coming.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.
    Currently wearing: Jicky by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    (((30R))) I wish I could inoculate you from the expressions of anguish that manifest every time the phone rings. As PerfumedLady and others here know, you’re in a situation that is relatively inescapable emotionally. Embrace those moments of refuge and trust that better days really are coming.
    what she said. special hugs to you, 30 Roses.

house twins with 30 Roses in Piment Brulent from a sample. Perhaps this qualifies as masculine, at very least is unisex.
    Surprisingly good. I need that sharp burst of the hot pepper.

Quarry I miss you and want to bury my head in your 42D man scented cleavage
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by iodine View Post
    Happy September everyone- though for many of us it means "back to work" , it's still one of my favourite months!
    Celebrating with gorgeous Séville à l'aube, my recent Parisian acquisition...
    the pure anguish of a dream which is slowly fizzling out!
    even though here is pouring with rain and seems like pure October
    hope the sun will wait for me once in rome!

Sampled Or et Noir this afternoon and now joining G. in Tabac Blond Extrait. It wears very harsh tonight, which is a good thing and just the way I like it.

Good morning!

Must de Cartier

Been a lovely day. Since bathing I've been in the deliciously feminine Dior Homme lovely buttery irisness

Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    ...Mr. Quarry and our little Pebble are at a 12-hour track event. I expect DH will run at least a marathon (26.3 miles), and our daughter may nearly double that. ..
    Impressive ! Puts my paltry 7.5 miles today to shame.

Have fun camping, PL !

For my SotE, I'm performing a lateral shift away from my SotD (and Larimar): En Avion extrait.

Best to all.