Code of Conduct

Question Issey Miayke Summer 2009

Hey guys, was thinking of blind buying Summer 2009 after the hype it got online (thanks robes08) what do you guys think ?

I've smelt the original, but the floral part of it doesn't appeal to me entirely. I still enjoy the scent though. I've heard this is the best fragrance from the Issey Miayke line.

Would you agree ? is it really that good ? and is it worth blind buying ?

Thanks.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Default Re: Issey Miayke Summer 2009

If you like the green fresh grass scent with a hint of floral then yes go for it if the price is right... i wouldnt pay more than $50 for the 4.2 oz bottle...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

I have it and dont like it much. Too much citrus when combined with my skin an gets very cloying. The original is much better IMO. Imagine the original and add citrus notes on top. It reminds me of the 90's when I was growin up for some reason.
    http://www.youtube.com/jimihendrix1117

*Peace and Happiness*

The best of the Summer Flankers by far is the 2000 edition. Mint and Ginko Biloba. Blue bottle.

I think all the summer editions of Issey have the same ingredients (at least 2009 -> 2012); just a new presentation bottle and a few slight changes here and there, in composition. I personally prefer de 2012 edition, it is closest one to the original.

Even though it is different, slightly calmer, slightly softer...I found myself still not liking it just because I didn't much like the original. It's not different enough that if you hate the original it will turn you around, it's just a different take on the theme in my opinion. I couldn't find a use for it, I kept telling myself that I could use it on the days I didn't feel like wearing anything, but even on those days I could find something more interesting.

Personally thought it was OK but not special.

I know what you mean about the hype, but as others have said, it can be cloying and a bit much. I blind bought it myself, and ended up not liking it. I suspect you would need to love the original to love this

Basenotes Junkie

I generally think Marc's reviews (robes8) are spot on, but his opinions on fresh summer fragrances seem kind of off. I think it's because he lives in Canada. I would pay attention to his reviews of winter, fall, and spring fragrances, but take anything he recommends for summer with a grain for salt.

I'm not a fan of Issey Miayke in any form.
    Last edited by 2ndBakeryAttack; 31st August 2012 at 09:29 PM.

I don't like the original L'eau D'Issey. I like this version though. It's more citrusy and less floral. The Sport version is better either.