Code of Conduct

Default Essenze by Ermenegildo Zegna (2012)

Zegna is launching a new collection of men’s fragrances—Essenze by Ermenegildo Zegna in collaboration with Estée Lauder Cos. Inc. The collection is expected on the market in December 2012.

Five new fragrances embody values of the company—passion, commitment, vision. The fragrances are: Italian Bergamot, Sicilian Mandarin, Javanese Patchouli, Indonesian Oud and Florentine Iris. The designer was inspired by his luxurious high-end men’s Ermenegildo Zegna Couture Collection and hopes it will put forward the house’s name in the world of fragrances.

Perfumers who worked on perfumes of the new collection are: Pierre Negrin, Frank Voelkl, Harry Fremont and Jacques Cavallier. All fragrances have one ingredient in common—Calabrian bergamot—but have very different compositions. An interesting fact is that Zegna owns the bergamot harvest used in this collection.

Italian Bergamot incorporates Calabrian bergamot oil surrounded by neroli, rosemary and vetiver. Notes of Sicilian Mandarin are mandarin, bergamot, spearmint, petitgrain and moss. Javanese Patchouli includes woody notes of patchouli, as well as bergamot, pink pepper, tonka bean and cedar wood. Aromas of Indonesian Oud bring us oud wood, rose, amber, patchouli and bergamot. Florentine Iris encompasses three different iris notes, accompanied with bergamot, jasmine, violet and musk. Additional fragrances will be added to the collection in the future.

The fragrances will be available in 124 ml (4.2 oz) flacons. Each fragrance and its flacon have a different color, to mark the central ingredient of the fragrance.

Default Re: Essenze by Ermenegildo Zegna (2012)

Thanks for the info.

Dependent

This one sounds nice. Thanks for the info . . . is it out yet?

I'd love to read any impressions of the new range.
    Anyone tried one or all of the six?

Anybody in NYC hop into the Zegna boutique and try this out, and report back. Would appreciate your thoughts on the line especially Indonesian Oud.

Has anyone tried the Indonesian Oud??

Didn't tried Oud, but Zegna exclusive for Bergdorf I did tried and it's awesome. I will check Indonesian Oud, Zegna is few blocks down

thanks please do give your review!

In response to my further recent enquiry to the Sydney Zegna store (who previously denied all knowledge of the new Essenze line), I received the following reply:

"Thank you for your enquiry.

We will be receiving the new Essenze Fragrances however they are not in store as yet. We are expecting them to arrive towards the end of April and we will let you know once they have arrived."

So hopefully I'll have the opportunity shortly to sample these and report back.
    My current top 10 (subject to change) in no particular order:

Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque, Armani Prive' Nuances,
    Armani Prive' Bois d'Encens, Ermenegildo Zegna Indonesian Oud, Essenza de Zegna, Amouage Beloved Man, Fahrenheit Le Parfum, Dior La Collection Couturier Vetiver, and Rasikh Syed Junaid Alam.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    Has anyone tried the Indonesian Oud??
    I tried them all in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago and they are outstanding, specially Indonesian Oud.
    I wrote about them in the "Powerhouse Fragarnce Users" group.in the "Guess what Fragrance" thread. You can find it in the March 25th 2013 entry.
    The question is: Are they worth the 195 bucks they are asking for the 100 mL bottle?
    Perfume lovers of the world UNITE!!!!!

I will email them to see if I can get samples. I would not blind buy without testing any fragrance over 100 bucks.

Indonesian oud is outstanding. I was not in a suit, so no sample for me. I have Kurkdjian cashmere oud on my right hand and, Zegna oud on my left. Zegna oud is deeper and more complex.

and it's not 100ml bottle. it's 125ml. 4.2 oz some review you've got there
    Last edited by outline; 19th April 2013 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by outline View Post
    Indonesian oud is outstanding. I was not in a suit, so no sample for me. I have Kurkdjian cashmere oud on my right hand and, Zegna oud on my left. Zegna oud is deeper and more complex.
    I'll make sure I'm wearing my suit when I go to the Sydney Zegna store to test!

Armani Prive' Bois d'Encens, Ermenegildo Zegna Indonesian Oud, Essenza de Zegna, Amouage Beloved Man, Fahrenheit Le Parfum, Dior La Collection Couturier Vetiver, and Rasikh Syed Junaid Alam.

Do it mate. It's a winner. You can tell this was made for a very close circle. So so good.
    Last edited by outline; 19th April 2013 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by outline View Post

and it's not 100ml bottle. it's 125ml. 4.2 oz some review you've got there
    Wow thats great!

OK, so I went and tested the whole Essenze collection today and walked out having bought a bottle of Indonesian Oud.

I haven't had time to fully digest Indonesian Oud or the others, but I'll give you my initial impressions:

Italian Bergamot - very classic cologne style of fragrance. Not too distinctive but very nice. Has a sort of ADP vibe.

Sicilian Mandarin - at first it smells exactly like mandarin peel. Quite strong and fruity, but not sweet.

Javanese Patchouli - I nearly bought this too! It reminded me very much of Serge Lutens Borneo, but it didn't have Borneo's camphorous quality. I'll probably go back and buy this at some point.

Indonesian Oud - my favourite of the five. Very nice, gorgeous oud with some distinctive patchouli thrown in.

Florentine Iris - the most feminine of the five. It's nice and no doubt a high quality fragrance but just not my cup of tea.

As soon as I've done a full wearing of Indonesian Oud, I'll put up a full review.

Cheers
    Last edited by Lovescully; 24th April 2013 at 07:29 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Lovescully View Post
    OK, so I went and tested the whole Essenze collection today and walked out having bought a bottle of Indonesian Oud.

I haven't had time to fully digest Indonesian Oud or the others, but I'll give you my initial impressions:

Italian Bergamot - very classic cologne style of fragrance. Not too distinctive but very nice. Has a sort of ADP vibe.

Sicilian Mandarin - at first it smells exactly like mandarin peel. Quite strong and fruity, but not sweet.

Javanese Patchouli - I nearly bought this too! It reminded me very much of Serge Lutens Borneo, but it didn't have Borneo's camphorous quality. I'll probably go back and buy this at some point.

Indonesian Oud - my favourite of the five. Very nice, gorgeous oud with some distinctive patchouli thrown in.

Florentine Iris - the most feminine of the five. It's nice and no doubt a high quality fragrance but just not my cup of tea.

As soon as I've done a full wearing of Indonesian Oud, I'll put up a full review.

Cheers
    How much rose is in the Oud? I like oud but I've a difficult time with rose..

Quote Originally Posted by PWJ View Post
    How much rose is in the Oud? I like oud but I've a difficult time with rose..
    Actually I was surprised how dominant the rose is in this. It's not so much in the top notes but quite noticeable as the fragrance settles; at least on my skin.

I'm still testing this so I hope to have a full review up in the next day or two.

Thanks for your insight Lovescully

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumeCollector View Post
    I tried them all in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago and they are outstanding, specially Indonesian Oud.
    I wrote about them in the "Powerhouse Fragarnce Users" group.in the "Guess what Fragrance" thread. You can find it in the March 25th 2013 entry.
    The question is: Are they worth the 195 bucks they are asking for the 100 mL bottle?

No perfume is worth that price, unless it will have the effect John Baptiste got after using what he
    created.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    Thanks for your insight Lovescully
    My pleasure

FYI, off topic I just received an e-mail invitation from the Sydney Zegna store to attend the launch of their new Uomo fragrance line next week. Although I have read several unfavorable reviews of Uomo on-line, I'm going to attend and check it out myself. It will also give me another opportunity to test the other Essenze line again; especially Javanese Patchouli.

Presumably the fans of this line (hed, looking at you) will know this, but they're adding a sixth fragrance to the line-up next year.

Haitian Vetiver.

http://www.beautyscene.net/fragrance...itian-vetiver/

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    Presumably the fans of this line (hed, looking at you) will know this, but they're adding a sixth fragrance to the line-up next year.

Haitian Vetiver.

Did not know this and thank you for the info. Will be sure to add this to the 5 I have.
    (904)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I was not impressed with any of their prive collections, but I will give this new one a try.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumeCollector View Post
    The Price/Value of the new Zegna Essenze Collection is actually very reasonably priced, in my opinion. You get 125 ml. of very excellent juice at $195. Every one I've smelled is outstanding for what it attempts to do. My favorites are Javanese Patchouli #1, Florentine Iris #2, Indonesian Oud #3, and I like the Bergamot and Mandarine/Neroli ones very well too.

The Zegna price per ml.for the most similar sizes of other competitive brands of similar quality is:

PRICE PER ML. FOR MAJOR LUXURY BRANDS
    Zegna Essenze Collection - 125 ml. - $195 = $1.56 / ml.
    AdP Colonia Intenza Oud 100 ml. - $180 = $1.80 / ml.
    LeLabo Rose 31 - 100 ml. - $240 = $2.40 / ml.
    Bond No. 9 - 100 ml. - $250 = $2.50 / ml.
    Creed Aventus - 100 ml. - $330 = $3.30 / ml.
    Ramon Monegal - 50 ml.- $185 = $3.70 / ml.
    Tom Ford Pr. Blnds - 50ml -$210 & 250ml.-$520 = $4.20 /$2.08ml.

The Zegna Essence Collection are actually very well priced and very nice fragrances for the price too.

- - - Updated - - -

Apart from the great price, the quality of the fragrances are excellent. There is a purity and strength of ingredients that really comes through. The mixes are not too complex, most are very straight forward archetype fragrance blends of quality ingredients listed. There is a simple integrity to the fragrances that places them in harmony with Zegna as a brand of quality, which is way up there in my opinion. There has been lots of praise heaped on the Indonesian Oud fragrance, but don't misjudge this brand to be an "oud" specific line. The Indonesian Oud is very different from other oud and has more of a saffron/rose/patchouli/leather attar quality about it, but definitely makes its own statement - it is a powerhouse fragrance, while the oud content is actually not that central to how it smells.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 28th November 2013 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    There has been lots of praise heaped on the Indonesian Oud fragrance, but don't misjudge this brand to be an "oud" specific line. The Indonesian Oud is very different from other oud and has more of a saffron/rose/patchouli/leather attar quality about it, but definitely makes its own statement - it is a powerhouse fragrance, while the oud content is actually not that central to how it smells.
    Agree with your analysis of this one in the series. Definitely a much more subtle oud.
    (927)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post

Haitian Vetiver.

I was told today by the manager of the Zegna boutique in my area that the new one, Hatian Vetiver would be in the store on December 15th. I hope he's right.
    (1169)

Update: A little later than previously told, but the newest addition to the series of exclusive Essenze fragrances by Zegna, Hatian Vetiver, has finally arrived at Zegna boutiques in the US. Just got off the phone with the manger and she told me it arrived today. Will be heading there tomorrow to pick it up. Also available now online at Nordstrom.

(2168)
    Last edited by hednic; 27th December 2013 at 02:11 AM.

I was gifted Zegnas Indonesian Oud, and as I sit here looking at the beautiful box I can't help but think of the last time I was gifted a perfume...Robert Piguet Oud. I hated it. Thank God I was able to exchange it.

So before I open it, can anyone give a comparison to any other perfumes? Or if I like X I will like this. They don't have this in store at any Neimans or saks unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    I was gifted Zegnas Indonesian Oud, and as I sit here looking at the beautiful box I can't help but think of the last time I was gifted a perfume...Robert Piguet Oud. I hated it. Thank God I was able to exchange it.

So before I open it, can anyone give a comparison to any other perfumes? Or if I like X I will like this. They don't have this in store at any Neimans or saks unfortunately.
    Do you have a Zegna boutique in your area? They carry the Essenze line there. To answer your question about Indonesian Oud which I own - The closest oud fragrance that I can think of is Reminiscence Oud if you are familiar with that. The Zegna is tamer than the Piguet Oud which I also have but if you didn't like it my bet is that you won't like this one either.

(4186)

^ you know we do actually have a Zegna boutique. I've probably passed it a thousand times.

I hated Piguets Oud because I felt like it was all Myrrh. I love loud and strong perfumes.
    I'm just trying to see if this is another rose oud combo or if it's actually got some style.

Maybe I'll mozey over to the zegna store one of these days.

How is the new Haitian Vetiver? anyone tried it ?

I own it and it is a nice vetiver scent. It's a very earthy, woody one.

Sorry for not responding to this thread sooner and to some PMs that I have had relating to it. I thought it best to reply here to everyone's benefit rather than respond individually.

It's actually quite appropriate that you asked as I managed to smell the entire range again at the airport and was able to try the Haitian Vetiver too!

I'm actually quite impressed by this whole line. All the scents are really good quality and long lasting given that they are Eau de Toilette strength. As some of you note, I reviewed the Indonesian Oud which I discovered late last year. Indeed the oud note is quite prominent, as is the rose and in fact has a light burst of bergamot at the very early stages of its development. It is a slightly sweet fragrance overall, but not anywhere near as sweet as some scents out there. However, it is not bitter or dry either and this makes it particularly attractive. The oud can get quite cloying if over-applied (it is surprisingly a strong scent, probably the strongest in the line), but the rose is almost always there keeping it tame. I also tried the 'Rose' by Aramis in their Calligraphy range. I thought they smelt similar, but the Aramis was much harsher and really quite revolting compared to the Zegna.

Now, onto the Haitian Vetiver. Right off the top, I could smell vetiver. Nowhere near as strong or as dark as Sycomore, but totally more subdued and even a little floral. It really strongly reminded me of a much softer opening of Route du Vetiver by MPeG. Totally soft, fresh and green. The dry down was really heavenly. Think this is a really good rendition of the green and earthy root of vetiver - it could well be a benchmark fragrance for this popular note.

Hope this helps you all Zegna lovers out there.

Dependent

Thanks for your reviews rum

Basenotes Plus

sampled these this past weekend in aventura (north miami area mall)

really liked the Javanese Patchouli and the Sicilian Mandarin.

the Oud was quite good as well.

didn't wear any of them, but they were certainly good on the cards. and pricewise seem to be a fairly decent value compared to what many of us spend.

I'm interested in the two citrus fragrances Italian Bergamot and Sicilian Mandarin. Can anyone who has tried either or both of these two compare them to other fragrances ?, whats the opinion on these ?, good longevity ?.

Cheers

With any citrus-based scent, you're not going to get amazing longevity as anything citrus is usually a top note, which lasts least of all.

Both scents that you mention are very good - I particularly liked the mandarin, which feels very real and authentic on the skin. If I recall correctly it may have lasted four hours, but I wasn't paying too much attention to it.

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    With any citrus-based scent, you're not going to get amazing longevity as anything citrus is usually a top note, which lasts least of all.

Both scents that you mention are very good - I particularly liked the mandarin, which feels very real and authentic on the skin. If I recall correctly it may have lasted four hours, but I wasn't paying too much attention to it.
    Thanks mate. I'll definitely check out the mandarin, it seems to be the more liked of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott.T View Post
    Thanks mate. I'll definitely check out the mandarin, it seems to be the more liked of the two.
    Cool. Do let us know how you get on with it and maybe post a review for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott.T View Post
    I'm interested in the two citrus fragrances Italian Bergamot and Sicilian Mandarin. Can anyone who has tried either or both of these two compare them to other fragrances ?, whats the opinion on these ?, good longevity ?.

Cheers
    For citrus prominent fragrances I happen to get very nice longevity with both. The Sicilian Mandarin is a much richer and juicier Mandarin by L'Artisan. Italian Bergamot reminds me a little of Bergamote by The Different Company. Both excellent scents overall IMO..

Essenze Italian Bergamot is a pure lemony bergamot with clean dry finish. This is a fragrance that prefers to be the strong quiet type that stays in the background. Smells great with a clean pressed dress shirt. I like it, own a bottle, and the clean pure lemon is what I like about it. This is bergamot at its pure and simple best. By the way, shortly after this series came out Zegna launched their fragrance called Uomo - a mass market "designer" fragrance - that is loosely based on what they learned with Italian Bergamot from the Essenze series. Uomo Ermenigildo Zegna is built around italian bergamot and smells like the stylish cousin to the Essenze Italian Bergamot by adding subtle but noticeable notes of violet leaf, vetiver and cedar to give it a more contemporary edge. I recommend Uomo as a more designer and mainstream version of the Essenze It. Bergamot. Both are good, not great but solid.

I've tried the entire line and own three of the series. My two favorites from the Zegna Essenze line are Javanese Patchouli and Florentine Iris. Both have tremendous primary notes with nice subtle development and smell great. There is not a bad choice in this entire series, but some are more standout that others.

Sicilian Mandarine just didn't grab my attention away from all of the other fantastic orange fragrances on the market. With notes of mandarine, bergamot, mint, petitgrain and moss it hits all the traditional balance points for a great mandarine but nicely grounded fragrance. Well worth buying, but the formula is certainly duplicates the style of many other great mandarine or orange fragrances in general, so I I didn't proceed with it. It does smell nice though and if you don't already have a nice orange scent from the long list of great ones that are on the market then this is a good choice. I'm already overloaded with orange fragrance notes in my arsenal of smells.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 22nd February 2014 at 03:53 PM.

Thanks a lot for the feedback gentleman. Man, Italian Bergamot sounds awesome as well. I did try Uomo but at the same time that i sampled Le labo's Bergamote 22 and Xerjoff's Nio so it got lost under the brilliance of those two scents but now you mention it i'm going to go back and give it another try.

The reason i'm gravitating toward the Zegna line is that i keep smelling the citrus Diors,Chanels, Armani's etc, everyday to and from work so i want something which is under the radar but good quality and refined, perhaps not particularly loud etc but distinct and classy.

Cheers guys, i'll let you know how i get on.
    Last edited by Scott.T; 22nd February 2014 at 12:49 PM.

Sorry to bump this, but I've just tried Florentine Iris and loved it. It does have a little feminine vibe to it, but still, amazing. My father has italian bergamot and although it's very good quality, it's not really my thing. Tried Haitian Vetiver but still not as good as Vetiver Extraordinaire by FM (still the best Vetiver imo). I'm gonna try the rest of the line tomorrow. I'm especially thrilled to try Javanese.
    Will give some feedback tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelopcr View Post
    I'm gonna try the rest of the line tomorrow. I'm especially thrilled to try Javanese.
    Will give some feedback tomorrow.
    As I own the entire line, I am always interested in hearing what others think of the scents. I look forward to hearing your thoughts of Javanese Patchouli

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    As I own the entire line, I am always interested in hearing what others think of the scents. I look forward to hearing your thoughts of Javanese Patchouli
    Will do. Which one do you like better?

Will do. Which one do you like better?
    I have come to really appreciate Indonesian Oud

Anyone know of a place selling samples of these? Seems like Neiman Marcus, Nordstorm, and other stores around me don't carry this line on hand (according to websites anyway). I looked on Ermenegildo Zegna website, The Perfumed Court, Surrender to Chance - all no luck. I will probably blind buy a few, but would rather hunt down some samples to buy of possible.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

So I've just tried them all.
    It was weird, some of them, I almost couldn't smell for the first 10 min, then they started to blossom. As I mentioned before, my father has Italian Bergamot and it's not really my thing so that's out of the question. Haitian Vetiver is nice but I wouldn't pay that price for a vetiver fragrance. That being said,

- Florentine Iris, loved this one on paper. On my skin it's a bit different, definitely the most feminine of the bunch. Some people say that it's similar to Dior Homme but that's bs. I hate Dior Homme and love this one. There's no makeup or lipstick vibe in this, it's fresh at the top and then it becomes a bit more sweeter and floral. I do love it, but I'm not sure wether I could use it. Made that mistake with FM Portrait of a Lady, love the smell but can't wear it, on my skin it's 90% rose. Have to try this some more.. If I wasn't wearing all stars and didn't just came out of the beach, I def would've asked for some samples

- Sicilian Mandarin, definitely reminds me of Terre D'Hermes, but with a different orange, not so bitter... Think Atelier Orange Sanguine meets Terre d'Hermes, best way I can describe it. Loved it, but projection seems to lack...

I think I messed up on Indonesian Oud and Javanese Patchouli. Don't know which hand has what LOL, thing is, I can smell Oud in both and since I'm using TF Oud Wood today my nose is messed up. Either way, both of them, on my skin, only started to blossom about 10min in. They both don't have much projection but I do lov'em. Will go back tomorrow and try these again. Damn it

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Anyone know of a place selling samples of these? Seems like Neiman Marcus, Nordstorm, and other stores around me don't carry this line on hand (according to websites anyway). I looked on Ermenegildo Zegna website, The Perfumed Court, Surrender to Chance - all no luck. I will probably blind buy a few, but would rather hunt down some samples to buy of possible.
    Do you happen to have a Zegna boutique in your area as you would be able to sample them there?

edit: Oops, just saw now that you were writing to dougczar
    Last edited by marcelopcr; 20th March 2014 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Do you happen to have a Zegna boutique in your area as you would be able to sample them there?
    Thanks hednic - I just looked on their website - closest one is about 120 miles away. I just emailed them to see if they offered any discovery kits. I don't expect good news, so I guess maybe I should make a road trip! If I can try out the whole line, it might just be worth the trek.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

Just went and bought the Haitian Vetiver to add to the whole collection. It really is very nice and reminds me most of Dior's exclusive Vetiver in that it's quite linear and really smells almost the same from the first spray to the drydown. I've only given it 1 full wearing so far but it seemed to last on my skin for a long time; at least 8 hours.

I hope to put up a full review as soon as it's listed in the database.

So I've just tried them all.
    It was weird, some of them, I almost couldn't smell for the first 10 min, then they started to blossom. As I mentioned before, my father has Italian Bergamot and it's not really my thing so that's out of the question. Haitian Vetiver is nice but I wouldn't pay that price for a vetiver fragrance. That being said,

- Florentine Iris, loved this one on paper. On my skin it's a bit different, definitely the most feminine of the bunch. Some people say that it's similar to Dior Homme but that's bs. I hate Dior Homme and love this one. There's no makeup or lipstick vibe in this, it's fresh at the top and then it becomes a bit more sweeter and floral. I do love it, but I'm not sure wether I could use it. Made that mistake with FM Portrait of a Lady, love the smell but can't wear it, on my skin it's 90% rose. Have to try this some more.. If I wasn't wearing all stars and didn't just came out of the beach, I def would've asked for some samples

- Sicilian Mandarin, definitely reminds me of Terre D'Hermes, but with a different orange, not so bitter... Think Atelier Orange Sanguine meets Terre d'Hermes, best way I can describe it. Loved it, but projection seems to lack...

I think I messed up on Indonesian Oud and Javanese Patchouli. Don't know which hand has what LOL, thing is, I can smell Oud in both and since I'm using TF Oud Wood today my nose is messed up. Either way, both of them, on my skin, only started to blossom about 10min in. They both don't have much projection but I do lov'em. Will go back tomorrow and try these again. Damn it

So I went back today and tested Indonesian Oud and Javanese Patchouli again.

I fell in love with IO, will probably buy it, along with Florentine Iris. The rose in it isn't feminine at all, it's very well blended and projects quite well. Longevity is also great! I still think that FI is more original so I don't really know which one I should pick. We'll see..

JP is also pretty good but it's too weak imo, I barely smell it as it sits really close to the skin, not bottle worth to me. It's very masculine tho.

I also fell in love with Indonesian Oud the first time I smelt it, I bought if after one spray there and then.
    What I'd like to try

Prices Rreduced!UK Only:Kilian B2B, Incense Oud, Pure Oud/MFK Pluriel/Ensar Oud/AgarAura Oud

My UK Swapsies!

Need some Roja help: Need a Roja cap, any one (gave away my Fetish cap)
    Also my Harrods Oud bottle needs a cap
    Muchas gracias

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloke View Post
    I also fell in love with Indonesian Oud the first time I smelt it, I bought if after one spray there and then.
    What's really nice about this one IMO is that the oud is subtle and well blended with the other notes, but still apparent.

^ I ended up going to the Zegna Boutique and it just so happened one of the SA's was an old friend from High School. I'll just say I got a hook up.
    I returned the bottle that I was gifted.

I'm not really a big fan of it. It's kind of boring. Somewhere someone said it had this Noxema scent to it. And that's pretty much on the money.

Very long lasting with medium projection.

Javanese Patchouli is pretty amazing though!

I retried the whole line and the only one which stood out for me was Javanese Patchouli.
    Florentine Iris is decent , the Indonesian Oud reminded me of M7 fresh.