Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default (PLZ READ DISCLAIMER) Answer These Personality Questions and I'll Recommend a Fragrance for You

DISCLAIMER***Due to the surprising and incredibly high rate of response, (which is more than I can handle!) this opportunity for fragrance recommendation will have to be a limited-time kind of thing. If you posted your answers before SEPTEMBER 3RD 2012, I promise I'll get around to your recommendations. Any answers posted after that, I'm truly sorry, but I won't be able to recommend anything. My most sincere apologies.

Hi guys, I have a degree in psychology, and I've sampled over 700 male and unisex fragrances, so I'm curious as to whether I could be a "fragrance consultant" based on some personality questions. Answer the following questions and I'll make a recommendation for you (obviously for free, this is just silly and for fun). Just copy and paste, then answer the questions as a reply.

Part 1:

1. How old are you?
    2. Male or female?
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)?
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in?
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"?
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic?

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)?
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern?
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex?
    4. What kind of music do you like?
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist?
    6. What's your favorite movie?
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go?
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 4th September 2012 at 01:43 AM.
    Sales thread here

Default Re: Answer These Personality Questions and I'll Recommend a Fragrance for You

This could be fun!

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 43
    2. Male or female? MALE
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? INTROVERT
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? HMMM....LEAN MORE TOWARDS "FIT IN"
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? DEFINITELY "ORGANIZED"
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? NOPE

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? FRESH & NATURAL
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? NEWER
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? SIMPLER
    4. What kind of music do you like? POP/ROCK
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? BAND = MUSE. ARTIST = MORRISSEY!
    6. What's your favorite movie? SE7EN
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? ROME...FOR THE FRAGRANCE SHOPPING.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Default Re: Answer These Personality Questions and I'll Recommend a Fragrance for You

Part 1: 1. How old are you? 32
    2. Male or female?Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? introvert
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? unique
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Organised, careful and disciplined
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? yes, but only because it brings out the art in me ( i'm a songwriter, pianist )

Part 2: 1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? sweet
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? new and modern
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? complex
    4. What kind of music do you like? Rock, prog-metal, jazz-rock , classical
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Chick Corea, Aziza Mustafa Zadeh, Dream theater , Bach
    6. What's your favorite movie? Gladiator , Shame
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Tough ! as i have many favorites, but i'll pick "London" ....
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

1. 19 (but I look like im over 21)
    2. Male
    3. Definitely introvert
    4. Unique
    5. Not necessarily organized, but definitely careful and disciplined.
    6. Yes, actually

1. fresh and natural, with sweet & clean a close 2nd
    2. Everything is fair game but I dislike most modern scents
    3. Complex
    4. Something where the lyrics have meaning and tie into real life. Also slow piano music.
    5. Army of the Pharaohs (underground rap, NOT to be confused with rap you hear on the radio)
    6. Goodfellas
    7. St. Petersburg

Basenotes Plus

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 23
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? If I had to lean one way it'd be introverted but I feel like I'm both.
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? Unique
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Organized
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Definitely

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Sweet
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? New
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? Simple
    4. What kind of music do you like? Rap
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Wu-Tang Clan
    6. What's your favorite movie? Depends on the mood, I've never had a favorite movie but I'll go with Heat.
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? London

edit: By the way, thank you for doing this. This is a cool idea!

I'm in!

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 34
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? Both, depending on the moment.
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? I am, and am glad to be, unique.
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? I am disorganized, careful and impulsive.
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Yes, I do.

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Sweet and natural.
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? Both, but tend to classical-influenced modern.
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? I like it to be figurative. Don't mind if simple or complex.
    4. What kind of music do you like? Lots: punk, garage, soul, r&r, ska, electro, electropop, power pop, h/c, indie...
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Pixies and the Smiths.
    6. What's your favorite movie? Blade Runner
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Berlin

I'm looking forward to your fragrant evaluation!
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Great Idea! I’m a fellow psych major as well. It will be interesting to hear your recommendation.

Part 1:

1. 26
    2. Male
    3. Introvert
    4. Unique
    5. Both
    6. Yes

Part 2:

1. Natural, from the earth (Vetiver, Patch, Oud, etc…)
    2. No preference
    3. Complex art
    4. Electronic/Ambient
    5. Burial
    6. Solaris (1972, Tarkovsky)
    7. Tel Aviv, Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory88 View Post
    This could be fun!

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 43
    2. Male or female? MALE
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? INTROVERT
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? HMMM....LEAN MORE TOWARDS "FIT IN"
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? DEFINITELY "ORGANIZED"
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? NOPE

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? FRESH & NATURAL
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? NEWER
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? BAND = MUSE. ARTIST = MORRISSEY!
    6. What's your favorite movie? SE7EN
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? ROME...FOR THE FRAGRANCE SHOPPING.
    Ok! Based on your answers, I would recommend the following fragrances:

Kyoto by CdG
    Avignon by CdG
    Dover Street by CdG
    Erolfa by Creed
    Angeliques sous la Pluie
    Molecule 01 and Molecule 02
    Vetiver Extraordinaire
    Lumiere Noire by Francis Kurkdjian
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 2nd September 2012 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Forgot one!
    Sales thread here

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by l'aventurier View Post
    hi guys, i have a degree in psychology, and i've sampled over 700 male and unisex fragrances, so i'm curious as to whether i could be a "fragrance consultant" based on some personality questions. Answer the following questions and i'll make a recommendation for you (obviously for free, this is just silly and for fun). Just copy and paste, then answer the questions as a reply.

part 1:

1. How old are you?

2. Male or female?

m

3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)?

equally both

i can fit in by being unique

5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"?

former

yes

part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. Soap), fresh and natural (eg. Rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. Musk, skin), sweet (eg. Fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. Nail polish, leather, gasoline)?

fresh, chemical

2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern?

generally, new/modern, but classics are timeless

simple

punk, alternative rock

evanescence

dark knight 2008

in austrailia
    responses bolded

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    Part 1: 1. How old are you? 32
    2. Male or female?Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? introvert
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Organised, careful and disciplined
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? yes, but only because it brings out the art in me ( i'm a songwriter, pianist )

Part 2: 1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? sweet
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? new and modern
    4. What kind of music do you like? Rock, prog-metal, jazz-rock , classical
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Chick Corea, Aziza Mustafa Zadeh, Dream theater , Bach
    6. What's your favorite movie? Gladiator , Shame
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Tough ! as i have many favorites, but i'll pick "London" ....
    Hmm, I'd recommend the following:

Musc Ravageur by Frederic Malle
    Narciso Rodriguez for Him
    M7 by YSL
    S-ex by S-Perfumes
    Eau Noire by Dior
    Patchouli 24
    Prada Amber pour Homme
    Eau Duelle
    Sales thread here

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 53
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? I love both
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? I don't specifically like to be unique, but I rarely just fit in
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? The latter, by miles
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? No, and I never am

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Chemical smells are really the only ones in that list I don't much like
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? Older - but I like modern takes on older themes
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? The simple organic shapes of a Henry Moore piece, or the complex detail of a pre-Raphaelite - love them all
    4. What kind of music do you like? Pretty much everything - All "classical" eras, folk, jazz, hip-hop, punk...
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? JS Bach - he's better than everyone else put together
    6. What's your favorite movie? Don't have one - love Japanese and Korean cinema
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Bangkok, but I go there often. For one I haven't yet been - Tokyo, second choice - New York

PS: Thanks - sounds fun
    Last edited by Oscroft; 2nd September 2012 at 04:45 PM.
    Alan

1. How old are you? 47
    2. Male or female? M
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? Introvert
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? Both
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Organized
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Yes

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Fresh, Natural and Human
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? Classic
    4. What kind of music do you like? Folk Rock
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? James Taylor/Eagles
    6. What's your favorite movie? Gettysburg
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Mackinac Island (for my wife).
    Last edited by peake1; 4th September 2012 at 02:09 AM.

Part 1:

1. 59
    2. Male
    3. Introvert
    4. Unique
    5. "organized, careful and disciplined,"
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic?...yes

Part 2:

1 Fresh and natural...Leather
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern?...Enjoy both
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex?...Complex
    4. What kind of music do you like?...Blues..Rock
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist?...Muddy Waters...Ronnie Earl..Eric Clapton..Mark Knopfler
    6. What's your favorite movie?...Jaws
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go?...Oslo...Amsterdam...Stockholm

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 31
    2. Male or female? Female
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? introvert who enjoys being extrovert sometimes
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? organized, careful and disciplined
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? No

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? fresh & natural or human
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? modern
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? complex in its simplicity
    4. What kind of music do you like? rock, pop
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? muse / carter burwell
    6. What's your favorite movie? twilight series
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Florence - my favourite place in the world

1. How old are you? 24
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? ENFP (Extraovert)
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? disorganized, careless and impulsive
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Yes, it happens.

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Natural, Raid, Wood, Ocean, Forest. Etc
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? New/Modern
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? Complex
    4. What kind of music do you like? Electronic of all sorts.
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? SHM/Alesso/Sadko/Matisse/Benya
    6. What's your favorite movie? Hangover I/II
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Rio de Janeiro

I'll give it a try too!

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 22
    2. Male or female? male
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? organized, careful...
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? not depressed, but melancholic, especially in autumn/winter

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? clean & fresh/natural
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? new and modern but I'm open to use something from far past
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? simple, I'm a minimalist
    4. What kind of music do you like? smooth jazz, chillout, pop
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Suzanne Vega, Norah Jones,
    6. What's your favorite movie? Alice in Wonderland, Beautiful Mind
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Kyoto, because I always wanted to visit this place in Japan, or London because I've been there one and didn't have time to go sightseeing

Answer These Personality Questions and I'll Recommend a Fragrance for You
    Hi guys, I have a degree in psychology, and I've sampled over 700 male and unisex fragrances, so I'm curious as to whether I could be a "fragrance consultant" based on some personality questions. Answer the following questions and I'll make a recommendation for you (obviously for free, this is just silly and for fun). Just copy and paste, then answer the questions as a reply.

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 37
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? Introvert
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? No, if anything prefer manic states

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Natural and clean
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? Newer
    4. What kind of music do you like? Punk, rock, reggae
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Sublime
    6. What's your favorite movie? Snatch or Pulp Fiction
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go?Paris

Thanks for starting this thread. I'm going to try answering.

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 29
    2. Male or female? male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? an even mix of both, often on the extrovert side
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? stronger preference towards unique
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? organized etc.
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? enjoy, definitely NO, but it does occasionally happen nevertheless, even against my will and/or better judgment, it's just that I enjoy far more overcoming, eventually surpassing such moments

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? anything reminding of citrus, plus anything Mediterranean, including anything gourmand reminding of Mediterranean cuisine, Mediterranean wines, hers and spices etc., also sea breeze, pines, lavender fields, Marseille soap and anything along these lines
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? an even mix of both
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? as long as it is tasteful and elegant, it can be either of the two
    4. What kind of music do you like? Early Music (roughly between 1400 and 1650)
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? any Early Music composer and any Early music ensemble
    6. What's your favorite movie? anything arthouse, oldie, vintage, preferably European, any "author film", screenplays after literary works and historical events, but also subjects tackling disturbing political, economic, social etc. issues, both from the past and contemporary
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Monte Carlo or, if not, almost any tourist destination or even any destination not so liked and known by tourists, as long as it is Mediterranean and/or Southern Europe

I'll bite!

Part 1:

1. Age: 37
    2. Male
    3. I walk the line between introvert and extravert.
    4. I don't make an effort to be unique or to fit in. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, and I'm cool with that. I'm just me.
    5. I'm very "organized, careful and disciplined."
    6. I do NOT enjoy being depressed or melancholic. I'm a happy guy, and when I'm not, I take steps to fix whatever is wrong.

Part 2:

1. Favorite smells: fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean)
    2. I prefer to wear something new and modern
    3. In general, I prefer art to be simple
    4. Music I like (in order of preference): Indie, Folk, Alternative, Electronic
    5. Favorite band/artist: Donovan Woods - or - Angus & Julia Stone.
    6. Favorite movie: Following (by the same director as Memento and The Dark Knight)
    7. If I could go to any city in the world on vacation: Prague, or perhaps Hong Kong

Part 1:

1. How old are you?
    2. Male or female?
    Male
    Sometimes introvert but mostly extrovert
    I like to uniquely fit in.
    Im organized and disciplined but im also very impulsive as well
    Nope

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)?
    I like them all pretty evenly except I dont like chemical smells
    New and modern but classics are classics
    Simple
    90's Alternative Rock (Matchbox 20, Three Doors Down, The Goo Goo Dolls)
    The Goo Goo Dolls
    The Notebook
    Venice
    Last edited by wmason92; 2nd September 2012 at 06:22 PM.

Thanks this is really interesting!

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 44
    2. Male or female? Male
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? So-so; maybe more fit in
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Organized, careful and disciplined

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Fresh and natural.Especially wood and forest smells - also earth. (I'm down-to-earth personality.)
    old-world smells
    4. What kind of music do you like? Rock n roll, heavy rock, Some strong and powerful classic music like Bach, Sibelius, Wagner, Pop music, Reggae goes too
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? All time favourite: Queen / Current Favourites: RHCP, R.E.M.
    6. What's your favorite movie? Many equals, hard to say, but i'll choose one: The Shining (1980)
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Rio De Janeiro
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Blog Entries

What fun!

Part 1;

1. 45.
    2. Female.
    3. lntrovert.
    4. Unique.
    5. Organised.
    6. No.

Part 2;

1. A mix of natural, skin & sweet.
    2. A mixture of vintage & modern.
    3. lt can be simple or complex, as long as it moves me.
    4. Anything with a good melody, but mostly rock.
    5. Kate Bush, Coldplay, Journey.
    6. Braveheart, Gladiator, Cleopatra, The Count of Monte Cristo (90s version).
    7. Barcelona, Venice or Florence.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

This was a bit difficult, but here you go! I hope you like some of them.

Taste of Heaven by Kilian
    Rive Gauche by YSL
    APOM for Him by Francis Kurkdjian
    Green Irish Tweed by Creed
    Millisime Imperial by Creed
    Lanvin L'homme
    M7 Fresh by YSL

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja View Post
    1. 19 (but I look like im over 21)
    2. Male
    3. Definitely introvert
    4. Unique
    5. Not necessarily organized, but definitely careful and disciplined.
    6. Yes, actually

1. fresh and natural, with sweet & clean a close 2nd
    2. Everything is fair game but I dislike most modern scents
    3. Complex
    4. Something where the lyrics have meaning and tie into real life. Also slow piano music.
    5. Army of the Pharaohs (underground rap, NOT to be confused with rap you hear on the radio)
    6. Goodfellas
    7. St. Petersburg
    Sales thread here

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 50
    2. Male or female? M
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? More introverted with those I don't know, extroverted with trusted friends and family.
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? I don't try to be either, I just go through my motions without trying to bother anyone... unless it's one of my kids that needs checked.
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Strive for the former, settle for the latter all too often it seems.
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Enjoy? Interesting way to describe it that way, but I'm not in denial... depression/melancholy is a part of life. Moreso, I deal with it. With the summits, come the valleys!

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? No tooty fruity, no candy floss, no aldehyde rides. Rather, I like gritty, grainy, earthy, woody, corky... not afraid of soap, fresh, marine, either.
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? Old School to the core.
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? simplex sigillum veri --> simplicity is the sign of truth, then again I consider fragrance more utilitarian than art.
    4. What kind of music do you like? Mostly rock, some classical (Bach, Mozart), some blues, some motown.
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Led Zeppelin
    6. What's your favorite movie? Pulp Fiction
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? San Francisco and travel north up the coast.
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

A person who "enjoys being depressed" is not actually depressed, you know.

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 22
    2. Male or female? MALE
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? more like in between
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Disorganized
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? yup at times

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? sweet then fresh n natural
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? NEw and modern
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist?michael jackson
    6. What's your favorite movie? lord of the rings
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go?paris

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 29
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? Both
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Option A and impulsive
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Yes!

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Human/Chemical
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? New/Modern
    4. What kind of music do you like? Rock in all forms
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Deftones
    6. What's your favorite movie? Beetlejuice
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? French Alps

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo Lapin X View Post
    A person who "enjoys being depressed" is not actually depressed, you know.
    I disagree, it seems like when I'm happy I don't have time to actually think about stuff. I tend to not think about problems when everything is going great. I said yes to the question because it lets me sit down and think about where I'm going from here. It's hard to understand (I would never want to be depressed all the time) but it's a great reality check.

edit: Forgot to quote.
    Last edited by mlsweeney; 2nd September 2012 at 06:28 PM.

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 28 going to turn 29 on Sep 18th
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? Usually introvert, but my career as governing officer is required me to be outgoing and social when working
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? disorganized, careless and impulsive
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Sometime, like whenI watching extremely sad movie like my favourite movie, that could made me depressed for hours. Be depressed also let me think of what going on in my life, but it is does not mean I want to be depressed all the time.

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Natural & Leather
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? I love the classic. I wear Santa Maria Novella colognes, I think they are extremely reflect the smell of Victorian Era
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? Complex with a lot of detail and contrast of colour and lines
    4. What kind of music do you like? Rock: Garbage, Linkin Park, Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil, Evanessence, etc.
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Nightwish
    6. What's your favorite movie? Grave of the Fireflies
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Paris
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 2nd September 2012 at 06:55 PM.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Herms Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermssence: Ambre Narguil

1. 38
    2. Male
    3. Introvert
    4.unique
    5. organized careful and disciplined

1. fresh
    2. both equaly
    3. complex
    4. classical
    5. beethoven
    6. Scott Pilgrim vs. the world
    7. Paris

Quote Originally Posted by L'Aventurier View Post

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 33
    2. Male or female? m
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? 75% intro
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Org.car.dis.
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? no

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? sweet or chemical
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? new
    4. What kind of music do you like? rock
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? rolling stones
    6. What's your favorite movie? mulholland drive
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go?berlin

Part 1:

1. How old are you?
    2. Male or female?
    Male
    Somewhere in the middle. Was very outgoing in my teens, have toned down.
    Don't like to fit in generally.
    More "organized, careful and disciplined". Though my room might look otherwise.
    I think so, and it's funny I never thought of that.

Part 2:

fresh and natural
    kind of both, like variety
    complex
    bach, mozart, shostakovich, dylan, beatles, radiohead. also bossa nova.
    can't choose from those prior to 90s, 90s onwards radiohead #1.
    american beauty, dog day afternoon, the godfather.
    Paris. or Rome.
    Last edited by freewheelingvagabond; 2nd September 2012 at 08:02 PM.

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 18
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? Always thought I was an introvert, but I am actually quite extroverted when with certain kinds of people
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? I dont really try to be unique, but that is what usually happens
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? I am disorganized, but usually quite careful and planned.
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Not at all. I do however sometimes find that I wallow a bit longer than necessary in my occasional melancholy.

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)?natural One of my favorite smells before I got into frags was the smell of my guitar case which housed a cedar top classical guitar.
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? Don't have too much experience with old world smells. Not sure if 80's would qualify, but I couldn't stand scents like quorum
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? Simple, like Japanese aesthetics, but not simple like super modern/abstract art
    4. What kind of music do you like? Usually rock/folk rock/r&b
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Grace potter and the nocturnals, musiq soul child, incubus
    6. What's your favorite movie? An assortment of Jackie chan movies
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Not quite sure, but somewhere lax with regulations, somewhat rural, with tons of natural beauty.

Dependent

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 21
    2. Male or female? male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? time alone
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? organized careful disipline
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic?yes

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? sweet
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? new mordern
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? simple
    4. What kind of music do you like? metal
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? lamb of god
    6. What's your favorite movie? american psycho
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? paris

1. How old are you? 53
    2. Male or female? female
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? both, but a little more of an introvert
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? disorganized and impulsive- I'm an artist
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? never

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? sweet
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? old
    4. What kind of music do you like? some rock, some jazz
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Sting, Styxx, blackmore's night
    6. What's your favorite movie? Sleepless in Seattle
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Vienna, Austria

Um, I hate to throw gravel in this slightly bizarre psych major-turned-self-professed fragrance oracle machinery, but wouldn't it be a lot easier just to look at people's wardrobes and see what they like? I'm sure that says more about their taste in perfumes than who their favorite band is or if they like to feel depressed?
    Or why not do the opposite? - you look at their wardrobes and tell them who their favorite artist might be, where they should go on vacation and - why not? - assess their general emotional stability?

Part 1:

1. 30
    2. Male
    3. Both
    4. unique
    5. disorganized, careless and impulsive
    6. no

Part 2:

1. fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean) and sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream)
    2. modern
    3. simple minimalist
    4. almost anything
    5. difficult to choose just one, here some: john mayer, craig david, lonely boys, the strokes, franz Ferdinand, lately Lana del Rey
    6. I would say: Ocean's Eleven
    7. Brazil or Thailand

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Dane77 View Post
    Um, I hate to throw gravel in this slightly bizarre psych major-turned-self-professed fragrance oracle machinery, but wouldn't it be a lot easier just to look at people's wardrobes and see what they like? I'm sure that says more about their taste in perfumes than who their favorite band is or if they like to feel depressed?
    Or why not do the opposite? - you look at their wardrobes and tell them who their favorite artist might be, where they should go on vacation and - why not? - assess their general emotional stability?
    i saw it as just a fun little idea

No cheating by looking at my wardrobe, OK?

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 40
    2. Male or female? Male
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? Fit in
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Disorganized, impulsive... but careful (work that one out!)
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? No, never.

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Sweet
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? 50/50
    4. What kind of music do you like? Funk and House
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Jamiroquai
    6. What's your favorite movie? Leon (I think it was called The Professional in North America)
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Rome (for everything about it. The history, the culture, the food, the fashion, the weather...)
    Last edited by andym72; 12th September 2012 at 05:23 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Well, considering I've only started just recently in the world of fragrances and currently own only 3 colognes, it'd be kind of tough to assess what type of cologne I should get.

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 23
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? Introvert, but would like to be more sociable.
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? Both, depending.
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Depending again, but let's go with the latter :P.
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? I'd rather be happy/satisfied in general.

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Clean/fresh-natural/sweet
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? Modern
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? Realistic (depends though)
    4. What kind of music do you like? Metal. (Death metal for example)
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Not sure if I have a favorite, but Scar Symmetry is one of my favs (Melodic death metal?)
    6. What's your favorite movie? Not sure; but I like romantic comedies, martial arts, and action movies.
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Tokyo?

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 28
    2. Male or female? male
    3. Im an extrovert
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? Both
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"?disorganized personally, organized professionally, never careless but can be impulsive
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Sometimes, yes, not often but sometimes

Part 2:

1. I prefer clean, natural, and sweets
    2. I prefer new and modern to old
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? I can appreciate both
    4. What kind of music do you like? I like almost everything, hiphop, mainstream, reggaeton, dancehall, rock, r&b
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? too many to name, I dont have a favorite instead I have favorites
    6. What's your favorite movie? I have always been fond of Goodfellas
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Im from NYC, I live in Miami so maybe Tokyo

It's just a silly idea, and I'm hoping people give me feedback as to how accurate my recommendations are. It could end up being hit or miss (or, a complete disaster), but it's fun for me, and hopefully for the people participating too. If I just based it on wardrobes or what people already know they like, there wouldn't be any "discovery", or fun for that matter.

Also, it actually takes me a while to come up with the recommendations! I put a lot of thought into it based on people's answers and what I think "fits."
    Sales thread here

What a phenomenal thread this is turning into. Neat! I think it's fun to get a feel for the personalities of those here on the forum, and I'm looking forward to seeing what your recommendations are - especially those for me.

I'd actually prefer you NOT look at my wardrobe here. I'd rather get your input without knowing what I already wear even if some turn out to be the same.

L'Aventurier, this is quite a challenge. people are overwhelming you with their profilings....It won't be easy dealing with all of them

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

It's just a silly idea, and I'm hoping people give me feedback as to how accurate my recommendations are. It could end up being hit or miss (or, a complete disaster), but it's fun for me, and hopefully for the people participating too. If I just based it on wardrobes or what people already know they like, there wouldn't be any "discovery", or fun for that matter.

Also, it actually takes me a while to come up with the recommendations! I put a lot of thought into it based on people's answers and what I think "fits."
    Well i'll be the first to give you feedback on your recommendations : How the heck did you know that i am such a huge fan of Patchouli and Amber ?

What i also like is that i have never tried any of your recommendations , so that leaves something to look forward to in the list you gave me for sure . For example, Narcisco Rodriguez for Him could very well be a match made in heaven, based on my personality, and based on the reviews i'm reading about it .

Thank you for taking the time to do this and i hope you're having fun , just like we are having fun finding out the results
    Last edited by tdwctdwc; 2nd September 2012 at 09:44 PM.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 39
    2. Male or female? MALE
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? UNIQUE
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? DISORGANIZED & CAREFUL
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? YES

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? HUMAN, CHEMICAL, NATURAL, SWEET, CLEAN in this order. Never clean actually
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? OLD WORLD preferably
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? SIMPLE
    4. What kind of music do you like? 70S PUNK, ALT. COUNTRY, 8OS SLEAZE ROCK
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? JOY DIVISION, TOWNES VAN ZANDT, GUNS N ROSES
    6. What's your favorite movie? Elsker dig for evigt (original title) OPEN HEARTS, danish Dogme movie
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? PARIS, NEW YORK
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

queen of the universe

Part 1:

1. How old are you? veering toward 60
    2. Male or female? female
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? the second one, disorganized, etc
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? once in a great while

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? chemical, skin a close 2nd
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? old!
    4. What kind of music do you like? jazz & classical
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Bill Evans
    6. What's your favorite movie? An American in Paris
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Tel Aviv
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Quote Originally Posted by mlsweeney View Post
    Part 1:

1. How old are you? 23
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? If I had to lean one way it'd be introverted but I feel like I'm both.
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Definitely

Part 2:

2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? New
    4. What kind of music do you like? Rap
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Wu-Tang Clan
    6. What's your favorite movie? Depends on the mood, I've never had a favorite movie but I'll go with Heat.
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? London

edit: By the way, thank you for doing this. This is a cool idea!
    You might like these:

Potion by Dsquared
    1 Million
    M7
    New Haarlem
    Tobacco Vanille
    Armani Code
    Costume National 21
    Ambre Narguile
    L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme
    Burberry London for Men
    Magnetism for Men

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    Well i'll be the first to give you feedback on your recommendations : How the heck did you know that i am such a huge fan of Patchouli and Amber ?

What i also like is that i have never tried any of your recommendations , so that leaves something to look forward to in the list you gave me for sure . For example, Narcisco Rodriguez for Him could very well be a match made in heaven, based on my personality, and based on the reviews i'm reading about it .

Thank you for taking the time to do this and i hope you're having fun , just like we are having fun finding out the results
    Awesome! I hope you have fun sampling and find something worth while.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    L'Aventurier, this is quite a challenge. people are overwhelming you with their profilings....It won't be easy dealing with all of them
    Alfarom, you're quite right! I didn't think so many people would reply. As long as people are patient, I'll do my best to give everyone recs. Either that, or once we find out my little personality quiz doesn't work well at all, no one will want to do it anymore haha
    Sales thread here

Basenotes Plus

You might like these:

Potion by Dsquared
    1 Million
    M7
    New Haarlem
    Tobacco Vanille
    Armani Code
    Costume National 21
    Ambre Narguile
    L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme
    Burberry London for Men
    Magnetism for Men
    Thank you, sir! I already had Burberry London on my wish list, but I'll be sure to check out the other recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    I'm in!

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 34
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? Both, depending on the moment.
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? I am, and am glad to be, unique.
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? I am disorganized, careful and impulsive.
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Yes, I do.

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Sweet and natural.
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? Both, but tend to classical-influenced modern.
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? I like it to be figurative. Don't mind if simple or complex.
    4. What kind of music do you like? Lots: punk, garage, soul, r&r, ska, electro, electropop, power pop, h/c, indie...
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Pixies and the Smiths.
    6. What's your favorite movie? Blade Runner
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Berlin

I'm looking forward to your fragrant evaluation!
    I'd sayyyyy....

Aventus
    Straight to Heaven
    Bois d'Armenie
    Dirty English
    Vetiver Tonka
    Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    L'Air du Desert Marocain
    Ambre Precieux
    Borneo 1834
    APOM
    Egoiste
    Odeur 53
    Sales thread here

this is going to be fun!
    Part 1:

1. How old are you? 18
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? I need a good mix of both, but mostly introvert
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? I like to be unique, but not so unique as to be garish.
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Depends, I'm disorganized, but I'm not impulsive, and I usually do research before buying things.
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Absolutely not.

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Sweet smells mostly, I'm open to pretty much everything except overly clean, safe, generic scents. Ex:I hated TdH and GIT. I love the smell of gasoline, but I don't like Fahrenheit(I only tried the new reformulated one)
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? Sort of a vague question, I don't really know how to answer this one. Here are some of my favourite scents though, Tobacco Vanille, A*Men, Tribute Attar, Ambre Narguile
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? Simple I suppose, I don't care for abstract art. Although I do like Dali's clock drawings
    4. What kind of music do you like? Rap, lots of rap, a bit of metal
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? The Roots, or Young Jeezy
    6. What's your favorite movie? Don't have one, but some of my favourites are The Goodfellas, Casino, Scarface, LA Confidential, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Venice

I'd sayyyyy....

Aventus
    Straight to Heaven
    Bois d'Armenie
    Dirty English
    Vetiver Tonka
    Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    L'Air du Desert Marocain
    Ambre Precieux
    Borneo 1834
    APOM
    Egoiste
    Odeur 53
    Well, you certainly got most pretty accurately, kudos to you! Maybe not my favourites, but certainly most of them are ones that I enjoy a lot (well, APOM is one of my favourites indeed)? The only one I really don't like there is Egoiste, and Silver Factory didn't do much for me either. I don't rate Ambre Prcieux anong my favourite ambers, but I do like amber a buckload.
    But the rest of them, you really got them right. Only Eau Noire is missing, that was an easy one for you
    Thanks for taking the time and effort, this really is a fun idea!
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by C2531 View Post
    Great Idea! I’m a fellow psych major as well. It will be interesting to hear your recommendation.

Part 1:

1. 26
    2. Male
    3. Introvert
    4. Unique
    5. Both
    6. Yes

Part 2:

1. Natural, from the earth (Vetiver, Patch, Oud, etc…)
    2. No preference
    3. Complex art
    4. Electronic/Ambient
    5. Burial
    6. Solaris (1972, Tarkovsky)
    7. Tel Aviv, Israel
    Your overall profile is quite similar to mine! It's hard not to be biased (based on what I like) but you might like these:

Oud Wood by Tom Ford
    Bois d'Orage
    Mugler Cologne
    Lumiere Noire
    Aventus
    Terre d'Hermes
    Gaiac 10
    Kenzo Power
    Odeur 53
    Patchouli 24
    Magnetism for Him
    Ultraviolet
    Molecule 01
    Sales thread here

Part. 1.
    1. 29
    2. Male
    3. I would say more introverted, I like being around others but relish my alone time.
    4. I like to be unique, ussually by paying more attenon to te little details in how I dress and present myself.
    5. Organized, neat freak.
    6. Nope. I prefer happy every time, but I understand and appreciate my stoic side.

Part 2.
    1. Prefer clean smells, natural smells as well as smells like leather
    2. I like modern takes on classic things if that makes any sense .
    3. Complex.
    4. All kinds, but rock and blues mostly.
    5. Tool.
    6. Lawrence of Arabia
    7. Probably Berlin or Munich.

Blog Entries

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 47
    2. Male or female? Male
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? TOTALLY unique
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Careless Impulsive
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Absolutely

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Fresh/Natural
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? New but Unique
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? Very complex
    4. What kind of music do you like? Classic Rock, Alternative,
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? THE BEATLES/The Smiths/Pink Floyd
    6. What's your favorite movie? The Wizard of OZ
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Berlin, Germany
    Last edited by Possum-Pie; 3rd September 2012 at 12:54 AM.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

I love hearing recommendations!

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 40
    2. Male or female? Male
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Disorganized
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Yes, sometimes

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Fresh and natural first, then sweet
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? Old-world
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? Simple, but this might change with moods
    4. What kind of music do you like? Dance music, electronic, scary, sad, seventies/eighties, "world music"
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Hmm, maybe Aphex Twin?
    6. What's your favorite movie? Alien
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Jeez, tough one. Can I say countries? Spain or Greece.

[Part 1:

1. How old are you? 61
    2. Male or female? M
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Both I'm a Gemini

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Wood and leather
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? Old World
    4. What kind of music do you like? Blues and Rock & Roll
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Buddy Guy
    6. What's your favorite movie? Lawerence of Arabia
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go?[/QUOTE] Dubai

Your overall profile is quite similar to mine! It's hard not to be biased (based on what I like) but you might like these:

Oud Wood by Tom Ford
    Bois d'Orage
    Mugler Cologne
    Lumiere Noire
    Aventus
    Terre d'Hermes
    Gaiac 10
    Kenzo Power
    Odeur 53
    Patchouli 24
    Magnetism for Him
    Ultraviolet
    Molecule 01
    Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I have been meaning to try Oud Wood for some time now, while I absolutely love Narciso Rodriguez for him, and like Terre d'Hermes (the edt). I am going to try and sample most, if not all of these on your list once I get the chance. I'm a bit concerned about the batches of Patchouli 24 being different and reformulated now, but it wont hurt to give it a try. Lumiere Noire sounds amazing from the description and note breakdown. I would have never even thought of trying it otherwise...

Thanks again!

Wow, what fun.
    Part 1

1. How old are you? 51

2. Male or female? F

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)
    natural (sandalwood, patchouli) Also human (musk, skin)

Old world

All kinds. Rock, especially classic rock. I like indie singer songwriter stuff.

5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Van Morrison

6. What's your favorite movie? Enchanted April

7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Paris