Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Answer These Personality Questions and I'll Recommend a Fragrance for You

Thanks in advance.

1. How old are you?

2. Male or female?

Male

3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)?

Introvert

4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in?

Fit in, but not be THAT in fashion, in the middle of everything and the "in" crowd.

5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"?

More of the first one.

6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic?

Yes.

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)?

Clean.

2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern?

Old school.

3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex?

Simple and classical.

4. What kind of music do you like?

1940's standards, 50's rock and roll. 60's motown. 70's folk acoustic

5. Who's your favorite band/artist?

Jo Stafford, Beach Boys and Jim Croce.

6. What's your favorite movie?

Disney's Up

7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go?

The Vatican city to see the artworks.
    Last edited by Bulakenyo; 3rd September 2012 at 03:42 AM.
    LOWBROW TO THE CORE

Default Re: Answer These Personality Questions and I'll Recommend a Fragrance for You

1. How old are you? 60
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? Extrovert
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? Fit in
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? organized, careful and disciplined
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Melancholic

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Clean
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? New Modern
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? Simple
    4. What kind of music do you like? House
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Procol Harem
    6. What's your favorite movie? As Good As It Gets
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Paris
    Last edited by silverbullet; 3rd September 2012 at 04:25 PM.

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 33
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? I suppose introvert. I'm outgoing, but I prefer time at home with my wife or an activity with a small (under 5) group of friends.
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? Unique.
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Organized, careful, and disciplined.
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? ENJOY it? No.

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Some combo of fresh and natural and sweet.
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? New and mordern.
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? Simple.
    4. What kind of music do you like? Rock
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? *These next two depend on my mood, so forgive me*--Green Day, Foo Fighters, Relient K
    6. What's your favorite movie? Se7en, Inception, The Dark Knight, the last Harry Potter movie, the Lord of the Rings trilogy
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Now that we've been to Hawaii, the next two cities on our wish list are Vancouver and Dublin...I'd put Dublin first.
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"When you're all alone, when no one is watching, and there's no one around to impress, that is who you are" - Greg Laurie

Part 1:

1. How old are you?
    2. Male or female?
    male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)?
    outgoing introvert
    unique
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"?
    organized
    no, although I deal with these emotions in my art.

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)?
    fresh (rain, wood) and chemical (leather, gasoline).
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern?
    new and modern
    simple
    mostly extreme metal and hip hop, but I listen to a large variety of genres
    Band=Gojira, artist=Prince
    Pulp Fiction
    Tokyo
    Last edited by statelessrich; 3rd September 2012 at 07:09 PM.

Part 1:

1. How old are you? Almost 30
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? Extrovert
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? Unique
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? The former
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Never.

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Chemical
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? Old world
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? Either
    4. What kind of music do you like? world music - jazz
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? None
    6. What's your favorite movie? None
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Quito

for swap/sale:

Smile Re: Answer These Personality Questions and I'll Recommend a Fragrance for You

Part 1:

1. How old are you?
    2. Male or female?
    female
    both
    unique
    latter
    rarely, but sometimes yes

Part 2:

in real life fresh and natural, but in perfumery it rarely works. In perfumery I enjoy human (musk, skin, civet)
    both, equally
    simple
    classic, metal, folk-rock
    Lauri Thk & Elonkerjuu
    Just too many, but the last favorite tv-series was "The Killing (who killed Rosie Larsen)"
    Istanbul

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 23
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? Extrovert most of the time.
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? I'm a bizarre person, but it feels good when I can manage to fit in.
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? The second one. :<
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Absolutely.

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Overall, probably chemical.
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? Old is usually better.
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? Complex masquerading as simple.
    4. What kind of music do you like? Everything.
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Daughters, I suppose.
    6. What's your favorite movie? Alien
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? There aren't really any cities in Antarctica. :P
    My Top Ten:

1: Guerlain - Habit Rouge
    2: Guerlain - Jicky
    3: Guerlain - Mouchoir de Monsieur
    4: Guerlain - Shalimar
    5: Knize - Knize Ten
    6: Caron - Yatagan
    7: Caron - Pour Un Homme
    8: Jean Desprez - Bal a Versailles
    9: Yves Saint Laurent - M7
    10: Salvador Dali - Dali Pour Homme

Dependent

This is interesting! Thanks L'Aventurier. I can see that youre very overwhelmed as of now Anyways, I've entered the questionnaire!

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 24
    2. Male or female? Male
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? A little of both
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Definitely impulsive and love imprompt planning
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Always positive!

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Sweet since I have a few gourmands
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? Modern
    4. What kind of music do you like? Pop/R&B (clubbing music)
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Pitbull?
    6. What's your favorite movie? The Rock (Nicholas Cage)
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Maldives before its too late!
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

I can't even get through the questions. There's nothing about me that is either or with those answers and many times it's all of the above...lol
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Basenotes Plus

1. How old are you? 58.75
    2. Male or female? Female
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? Introvert
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? Both, but lean toward unique
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? the 2nd
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Oh yes

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? natural & human
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? old-world
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? complex
    4. What kind of music do you like? Chopin, Mozart, opera, big-band swing, world music
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? I like everybody/thing except rap music
    6. What's your favorite movie? Dangerous Liasons
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? return to London- new place Athens
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Part 1

1. How old are you? 25
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? extrovert
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? unique
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? organized, careful and disciplined
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? sometimes

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean)
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? modern
    4. What kind of music do you like? Classical compositions and modern pop music
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? George Micheal, Julio Iglesias, Sting, Paul Mauriat orchestra
    6. What's your favorite movie? Training day, Die Hard, Godfather.
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Paris

Basenotes Plus

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 63
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? Introvert
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Both!
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Yes

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Sweet
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? New and modern.
    4. What kind of music do you like? ALL
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Beatles
    6. What's your favorite movie? Unforgiven
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Rome
    Last edited by Nosey49; 3rd September 2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Accidently posted before ready.

Part 1.

1. 34
    2. Female
    3. Right inbetween, a hair closer the extrovert (ENFP on the Myers Briggs test)
    4.I like to be unique (Leo rising )
    5.I am organized, not caeful but not exactly careless, and can be impulsive (the pic in my profile is in fact me)
    6. Depressed, no. Melancholic, occasionally.

Part 2

1. human the most, sweet the second (not synthtetic or overly sweet, though), fresh third (but I cannot stand "fresh perfumes", with the exception of maybe Ormonde Jayne's Woman and Guerlain's Vetiver Pour Elle, both of which I love, that is as fresh as I go
    2. I don't care, as long as it does not smell synthetic - there are some vintage parfums i adore, and there are some new ones I love
    3. I love Cezanne, Kandinsky, Felicien Rops, Rembrandt, Michelangelo; I guess complex but balanced
    4. Classical and jazz, plus some soul
    5. As far as maistream bands go? Madonna, Aretha Franklin, Depeche Mode, Adele, 2Pac, Ray Lamontage, Annie Lennox
    6. Breaking the Waves, Notorious, Ran, Obscure Object of Desire, La Dolce Vita, Magnolia, American Beauty, Heat, LA Confidental
    7. Florence, London, Alexandria in Egypt

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 55
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? Omnivert, I like both
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? O,C,D (lol)
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? It's my typical state

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Chemical
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? Modern
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? Complex
    4. What kind of music do you like?I love ALL music
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? right now it's Porcupine Tree
    6. What's your favorite movie? Cinema Paradiso
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? London

1. How old are you?43
    2. Male or female? Male
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Organized
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Positive!

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Clean
    4. What kind of music do you like? Diverse
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? No favorite
    6. What's your favorite movie? Gladiator
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Francelol

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Updated: Very nice recommendations you've done so far! I see the good doctor has been ge-swamped, but interesting to read these just for the sake of getting to know other BNers, so leaving this up as a sort of post-livejournal world's survey.

1. 26
    2. female
    3. introverted
    4. Not into exhibitionism, but I abhor fitting in so prefer to subtly deviate.
    5. Disciplined
    6. Neutral. I enjoy melancholic art and do not like fake happiness and cheap optimism. Yet I also do not enjoy depression at all. If we're talking a gothic sort of euphoric joy-found-in-the-darkside then yes to that.

Part 2:

1. human (really more herbal or dirty as in patchouli or animalics).
    2. old
    3. complex and with plenty of complexes
    4. psychedelic, garage, post-punk, 70s pop for its high production quality
    5. 3 way unbreakable tie: Buckingham-Nicks era Fleetwood Mac, Bowie, and Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti
    6. 3 Women, Possession (1981), Harold & Maude
    7. London
    Last edited by anomie et ivoire; 4th September 2012 at 04:54 AM.

Part 1:

1. 50
    2. Female
    3. Introvert
    4. I'm unique. Fitting in is just tactics.
    5. Organized, careful and impulsive
    6. Melancholic, yes. Depression is no fun.

Part 2:

1. Clean and natural with a drop of sweetness
    2. Both
    3. Simply complex
    4. Early music, jazz, soul
    5. Bettye LaVette
    6. Ugetsu, Stalker, Jarman's Blue, Happiness
    7. A seaport, maybe Valparaiso

Very cool idea, looking forward to what you request!

1. How old are you? 19
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? introvert
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? rarely

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Human/fresh and natural
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? modern but classic
    4. What kind of music do you like? alternative rock/ some hiphop
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? kanye west (rapper)
    6. What's your favorite movie? Seven Pounds/ Dark Knight
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Paris/London

Quote Originally Posted by L'Aventurier View Post
    Hi guys, I have a degree in psychology, and I've sampled over 700 male and unisex fragrances, so I'm curious as to whether I could be a "fragrance consultant" based on some personality questions. Answer the following questions and I'll make a recommendation for you (obviously for free, this is just silly and for fun). Just copy and paste, then answer the questions as a reply.

Part 1:

1. How old are you?
    2. Male or female?

Part 2:

I suppose that my preferences are pasted all over the forum, but hey - I'll play. This seems fun.
    1)
    1. 25.
    2. Male.
    3. Introvert.
    4. Unique.
    5. Disorganized, I'm afraid.
    6. Yes.
    2)
    1. Of those, human or chemical.
    2. Newer.
    3. Complex.
    4. Classical and Rock.
    5. Igor Stravinsky in the first; pick-your-choice of psychedelic band in the second ( too many great ones ).
    6. Black Orpheus.
    7. Singapore - for durian season!

1. 28
    2. Male
    3. extrovert
    4. Fit in
    5. Organized
    6. No.

Part 2:

1. Sweet (fruit and cream)
    2. Both. More toward modern
    3. Simple
    4. Any and all.
    5. Jimi Hendrix, Muse, and lots of hip hop artists
    6. Inside man, Shawshank redemption, drive
    7. Hawaii

What a thread! Can't think of a better way to get to know some random facts about fellow BNers, as well as hopefully receive some great fragrance recommendations from you.

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 36
    2. Male or female? male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? tough question. I lean more toward the latter
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? organized, careful, and disciplined
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? not at all

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? fresh and natural as you've described them
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? old-world smells
    4. What kind of music do you like? lyric-driven folk rock, grunge (hence my BN nickname), and classic rock (60s, 70s)
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? The Avett Brothers, The White Buffalo, and The Wood Brothers
    6. What's your favorite movie? hard to choose one, but Rocky feels right
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? the Galapagos islands

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 29
    2. Male or female? male
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Disorganised, careless, impulsive
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? All the time

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Natural, Touch of human, and definately chemical. cannot elucidate a preference
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? Olde world (if that means 70-80's)
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? The simplest way to express a complex idea
    4. What kind of music do you like? Punk rock
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Mike Ness of Social Distortion fame
    6. What's your favorite movie? Clerks
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Anchorage Alaska

Hi guys, I have a degree in psychology, and I've sampled over 700 male and unisex fragrances, so I'm curious as to whether I could be a "fragrance consultant" based on some personality questions. Answer the following questions and I'll make a recommendation for you (obviously for free, this is just silly and for fun). Just copy and paste, then answer the questions as a reply.

Part 1:

1. How old are you?32
    2. Male or female?male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)?introvert
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in?understated but unique
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Both, but probably more disorganized
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic?no, but sometimes i am.

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Natural, but like leather
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? Older with a modern twist
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? Simple but thoughtful like rene margaritte
    4. What kind of music do you like? Alternative, radio head, vampire weekend, cage the elephant, rolling stones
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Vampire weekend
    6. What's your favorite movie? Shawshank redemption
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Dublin
    There you go, guess away

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    part 1:

1. How old are you?

2. Male or female?

m

equally both

i can fit in by being unique

former

yes

part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. Soap), fresh and natural (eg. Rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. Musk, skin), sweet (eg. Fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. Nail polish, leather, gasoline)?

fresh, chemical

generally, new/modern, but classics are timeless

simple

punk, alternative rock

evanescence

dark knight 2008

in austrailia
    I recommend:

Oud Wood by Tom Ford
    Bulgari Black
    S-ex by S-Perfumes
    Black Aoud
    Cuir Pleine Fleur by Heeley
    Comme des Garcons 2 MAN
    Nasomatto China White
    Nostalgia

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oscroft View Post
    Part 1:

1. How old are you? 53
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? I love both
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? I don't specifically like to be unique, but I rarely just fit in
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? The latter, by miles
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? No, and I never am

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Chemical smells are really the only ones in that list I don't much like
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? Older - but I like modern takes on older themes
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? The simple organic shapes of a Henry Moore piece, or the complex detail of a pre-Raphaelite - love them all
    4. What kind of music do you like? Pretty much everything - All "classical" eras, folk, jazz, hip-hop, punk...
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? JS Bach - he's better than everyone else put together
    6. What's your favorite movie? Don't have one - love Japanese and Korean cinema
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Bangkok, but I go there often. For one I haven't yet been - Tokyo, second choice - New York

PS: Thanks - sounds fun
    Let's go wiiiittthhhh:

Invasion Barbare (sorry it's really expensive!)
    M - Pure Distance (erhh, this is expensive too)
    Bulgari pour Homme
    New York - Patricia de Nicolai
    Hinoki
    Musc Koublai Khan
    Mitsouko
    Eau Noire
    Bois de Portugal
    Eau du Coq
    Sales thread here

Default Re: (PLZ READ DISCLAIMER) Answer These Personality Questions and I'll Recommend a Fragrance for You

Very curious to hear from a fellow psychology major!

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 20
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? In between, I like my alone-time but love being out with friends and family!
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? Again, in between. More on the fitting-in side though
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Organized, etc.
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? NO

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Sweet! And if I can choose a second, Fresh and Natural (but mainly sweet)
    4. What kind of music do you like? R&B
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Usher
    6. What's your favorite movie? Big Daddy (Adam Sandler)
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? City? New York. Anywhere in the world? Any tropic island!
    Last edited by MikeJ; 11th September 2012 at 12:34 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: (PLZ READ DISCLAIMER) Answer These Personality Questions and I'll Recommend a Fragrance for You

looks like you got your work cut out for you mate.

i just answered this survey because i thought no one else would.

Quote Originally Posted by peake1 View Post
    1. How old are you? 47
    2. Male or female? M
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? Both
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Organized

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Fresh, Natural and Human
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? Classic
    4. What kind of music do you like? Folk Rock
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? James Taylor/Eagles
    6. What's your favorite movie? Gettysburg
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Mackinac Island (for my wife).
    I'd go with:

Habit Rouge
    Vetiver by Guerlain
    Helmut Lang EDC (Sorry, this is really hard to find)
    Erolfa
    Dzing
    Eau d'Orange Verte
    Vetiver Tonka
    L'Air du Desert Marocain
    L'Homme Sage
    Patchouli Patch
    Tom Ford for Men
    Palisander by Comme des Garcons
    Sales thread here

This is really cool. Thanks very much!

1. How old are you? 20

2. Male or female? Male

5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? The latter

6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Nope

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Clean, and sweet

4. What kind of music do you like? A lot of things resonate with me, but I'd say "real" hip-hop, top 40, some indy

5. Who's your favorite band/artist? I have 2- Odd future Wolf Gang and Taylor Swift

6. What's your favorite movie? The Sound of Music

7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Australia

Sounds fun!
    Thank you in advance

Part 1:

1. How old are you?

2. Male or female?
    Male

More introverted, but can sometimes be extroverted

Tend to like being unique, but sometimes I like to fit in.

Organised, careful and disciplined

No

Part 2:

Sweet

New and modern

Simple

K-Pop and pop

No favourite artist, I just like K-Pop and pop genres in general.

Up

Somewhere tropical with a laptop and internet connection!

1. How old are you? 21
    2. Male or female? MALE
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)?EXTROVERT
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in?UNIQUE
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"?ORGANIZED
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic?NO

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? CLEAN OR GOURMAND, DEPENDING ON SEASON
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern?MODERN
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? SIMPLE
    4. What kind of music do you like? HIP-HOP
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? S.A.S (UK RAPPERS) SNSD (K-POP GIRL GROUP)
    6. What's your favorite movie? FOUR BROTHERS
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? SOUTH KOREA

- - - Updated - - -

1. How old are you? 21
    2. Male or female? MALE
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)?EXTROVERT
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in?UNIQUE
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"?ORGANIZED
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic?NO

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? CLEAN OR GOURMAND, DEPENDING ON SEASON
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern?MODERN
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? SIMPLE
    4. What kind of music do you like? HIP-HOP
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? S.A.S (UK RAPPERS) SNSD (K-POP GIRL GROUP)
    6. What's your favorite movie? FOUR BROTHERS
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? SOUTH KOREA
    It should be illegal to smell this good!

This just turned into your new, pro bono, fulltime job!

Having read this thread, I have realized that there is a plethora of different people on this board.

Do you have time for an evaluation ?

PLEASE SEE THE ANSWERS BELOW YOUR QUESTION! VERY INTERESTING POST! AND THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!

Part 1:

1. How old are you?
    >32
    2. Male or female?
    >MALE
    >INTROVERT / EXTROVERT (BOTH) - I GET TOO MUCH FOR MYSELF USUALLY, AND I GO OUT! LOL
    >UNIQUE
    >DISORGANIZED! I TAKE LIFE AS IT COMES.
    >NOWAY

Part 2:

LOVE MUSK/ANIMALIC + EASTERN ORIENTAL + SMELL OF WOOD AND GRASS AFTER THE RAIN
    NEW AND MODERN
    COMPLEX
    JAZZ
    MILES DAVIS
    SEVEN POUNDS (OF LATE)
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go?[/QUOTE]
    CAPE TOWN

I'm curious as to whether I could be a "fragrance consultant" based on some personality questions.
    No, because you can't handle the workload! I am joking, of course. It was good of you to offer this to the members. I'd be interested to hear what they thought of your recommendations.
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    looks like you got your work cut out for you mate.

i just answered this survey because i thought no one else would.
    I thought the same! lol

Thanks for answering the questions though. What'd you think about the recs? Any hits?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mrnybluesman View Post
    Part 1:

1. 59
    2. Male
    3. Introvert
    4. Unique
    5. "organized, careful and disciplined,"
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic?...yes

Part 2:

1 Fresh and natural...Leather
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern?...Enjoy both
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex?...Complex
    4. What kind of music do you like?...Blues..Rock
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist?...Muddy Waters...Ronnie Earl..Eric Clapton..Mark Knopfler
    6. What's your favorite movie?...Jaws
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go?...Oslo...Amsterdam...Stockholm
    How about:

Cuir Ottoman
    Invasion Barbare
    Habit Rouge
    Dior Homme
    Cuir Pleine Fleur
    L'homme de Coeur
    Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir
    Erolfa
    Patchouli Patch
    Terre d'Hermes
    Black Afghano
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 4th September 2012 at 11:35 PM.
    Sales thread here

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 16
    2. Male or female? Male!
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? I'm outgoing and social, but not confident.
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Organised.
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? No.

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline) Human and fresh and natural.
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? I'm open to all fragrances.
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? Complex is the way!
    4. What kind of music do you like? Pop, rap + rock/etc.
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Eminem/Tupac/System of a Down
    6. What's your favorite movie? Happy Gilmore.
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by galwaygirl001 View Post
    Part 1:

1. How old are you? 31
    2. Male or female? Female
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? introvert who enjoys being extrovert sometimes
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? No

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? fresh & natural or human
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? modern
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? complex in its simplicity
    4. What kind of music do you like? rock, pop
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? muse / carter burwell
    6. What's your favorite movie? twilight series
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Florence - my favourite place in the world
    I recommend:

Narciso Rodriguez for Her EdP
    Lovely - SJP
    Lumiere Noire pour Femme by Francis Kurkdjian
    Light Blue for Her by D&G
    APOM pour Femme
    Musk - Santa Maria Novella
    Dans Tes Bras
    En Passant
    The Unicorn Spell
    Sales thread here

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 18
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? A mix of both, but if I had to choose it'd be introvert.
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Organized, careful and disciplined.
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Melancholy occasionally, but I do not enjoy being depressed.

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Human.
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? No preference, I just like classy.
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? Simple.
    4. What kind of music do you like? Everything except country.
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Could not choose.
    6. What's your favorite movie? Ocean's Eleven
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Paris, for the wonderful food .

Quote Originally Posted by Kenta View Post
    1. How old are you? 24
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? ENFP (Extraovert)
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? disorganized, careless and impulsive
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Yes, it happens.

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Natural, Raid, Wood, Ocean, Forest. Etc
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? New/Modern
    4. What kind of music do you like? Electronic of all sorts.
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? SHM/Alesso/Sadko/Matisse/Benya
    6. What's your favorite movie? Hangover I/II
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Rio de Janeiro
    I think these would work:

212 Men
    M7
    Armani Code
    Versace pour Homme
    Terre d'Hermes
    Aqua di Parma Colonia Intensa
    Allure Homme Sport
    Live Jazz
    Silver Mountain Water
    Erolfa
    Mugler Cologne
    Odeur 53
    Ultraviolet Man
    Sales thread here

I recommend:

Narciso Rodriguez for Her EdP
    Lovely - SJP
    Lumiere Noire pour Femme by Francis Kurkdjian
    Light Blue for Her by D&G
    APOM pour Femme
    Musk - Santa Maria Novella
    Dans Tes Bras
    En Passant
    The Unicorn Spell
    Hmm, Thank you for your suggestions L'Aventurier!
    I sampled and did like En Passant. Have yet to sample Dans Tes Bras.
    The unicorn spell has been suggested to me several times before so I must sample.
    Light Blue for Her by D&G is a total no no for me - I really dislike it. Too synthetic and generic for my tastes - like a cleaning product.
    Narciso Rodriguez for Her EdP & Lovely SJP are interesting as I bought Narciso Rodriguez for Her EdP last year but sold it on again - something in it bugged me, the orange blossom I think. Lovely - SJP is a better musk/patch combination, but my mother wears it, so I see it as hers. I will sample Lumiere Noire pour Femme & APOM pour Femme Francis Kurkdjian (I have only tried his APLS which was too much for me at the time I sampled) and Musk - Santa Maria Novella and let you know!

Thanks Again :-)

My current favourites are frankincense & sandalwood fragrances - for their relaxing properties I think.

Basenotes Plus

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 63
    2. Male or female? Male
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Both!

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Sweet
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? New and modern.
    4. What kind of music do you like? ALL
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Beatles
    6. What's your favorite movie? Unforgiven
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Rome

Blog Entries

*Bump*

l realise the OP has a lot of work to do here, but there has been no activity on this thread for several days now. There are many of us who posted before September 3rd still waiting for our recs. Any news please?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

ill think its good to leave the OP alone on this as the requests were abit overwhelming for anyone to handle.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    *Bump*

l realise the OP has a lot of work to do here, but there has been no activity on this thread for several days now. There are many of us who posted before September 3rd still waiting for our recs. Any news please?
    ha! right on!!! i wanna know what i should be wearing!!!

I'm looking forward to my recommendations too. Glad I got in before the deadline

...but I understand it'll take time for L'Aventurier to get through his list. I think it's pretty awesome of him to take the time to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by benzganesh View Post
    ill think its good to leave the OP alone on this as the requests were abit overwhelming for anyone to handle.
    Thanks for understanding, guys. I've been really busy this week and just haven't found time until now to do some more recs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    I'll give it a try too!

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 22
    2. Male or female? male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? introvert
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? organized, careful...
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? not depressed, but melancholic, especially in autumn/winter

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? clean & fresh/natural
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? new and modern but I'm open to use something from far past
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? simple, I'm a minimalist
    4. What kind of music do you like? smooth jazz, chillout, pop
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Suzanne Vega, Norah Jones,
    6. What's your favorite movie? Alice in Wonderland, Beautiful Mind
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Kyoto, because I always wanted to visit this place in Japan, or London because I've been there one and didn't have time to go sightseeing
    Let's go with these:

Amber pour Homme (Prada)
    L'Homme de Coeur by Divine
    1725 Casanova
    Fleur du Male
    APOM pour Homme
    Bulgari pour Homme
    Green Irish Tweed
    CKbe
    Rose 31
    Infusion d'Homme (Prada)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pharmgator01 View Post
    Answer These Personality Questions and I'll Recommend a Fragrance for You

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 37
    2. Male or female? Male
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? No, if anything prefer manic states

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Natural and clean
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? Newer
    4. What kind of music do you like? Punk, rock, reggae
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Sublime
    6. What's your favorite movie? Snatch or Pulp Fiction
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go?Paris
    I'm feeling these:

Midnight in Paris
    S-ex
    Bulgari Black
    Calvin Klein Man
    Dirty English
    Mugler Cologne
    Kiehl's Original Musk
    Lumiere Noire pour Homme
    Nasomatto Silver Musk
    M7
    Vetiver Extraordinaire
    Rose 31

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread. I'm going to try answering.

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 29
    2. Male or female? male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? an even mix of both, often on the extrovert side
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? stronger preference towards unique
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? organized etc.
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? enjoy, definitely NO, but it does occasionally happen nevertheless, even against my will and/or better judgment, it's just that I enjoy far more overcoming, eventually surpassing such moments

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? anything reminding of citrus, plus anything Mediterranean, including anything gourmand reminding of Mediterranean cuisine, Mediterranean wines, hers and spices etc., also sea breeze, pines, lavender fields, Marseille soap and anything along these lines
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? an even mix of both
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? as long as it is tasteful and elegant, it can be either of the two
    4. What kind of music do you like? Early Music (roughly between 1400 and 1650)
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? any Early Music composer and any Early music ensemble
    6. What's your favorite movie? anything arthouse, oldie, vintage, preferably European, any "author film", screenplays after literary works and historical events, but also subjects tackling disturbing political, economic, social etc. issues, both from the past and contemporary
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Monte Carlo or, if not, almost any tourist destination or even any destination not so liked and known by tourists, as long as it is Mediterranean and/or Southern Europe
    I recommend:

Sel Marin
    Bergamotto Marino
    APOM pour Homme
    Milisime Imperial
    Brin de Reglisse
    Tuscan Cypress
    Casanova 1725
    Neroli by Czech and Speake
    West Side by Bond no. 9
    Un Jardin en Mediteranee

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I'll bite!

Part 1:

1. Age: 37
    2. Male
    3. I walk the line between introvert and extravert.
    4. I don't make an effort to be unique or to fit in. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, and I'm cool with that. I'm just me.
    5. I'm very "organized, careful and disciplined."
    6. I do NOT enjoy being depressed or melancholic. I'm a happy guy, and when I'm not, I take steps to fix whatever is wrong.

Part 2:

1. Favorite smells: fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean)
    2. I prefer to wear something new and modern
    3. In general, I prefer art to be simple
    4. Music I like (in order of preference): Indie, Folk, Alternative, Electronic
    5. Favorite band/artist: Donovan Woods - or - Angus & Julia Stone.
    6. Favorite movie: Following (by the same director as Memento and The Dark Knight)
    7. If I could go to any city in the world on vacation: Prague, or perhaps Hong Kong
    Angeliques sous la Pluie
    Erolfa
    Green Valley
    Original Vetiver
    Kyoto
    Armani Mania
    CKBe
    Gucci pour Homme
    Comme des Garcons 2MAN
    Eau de Gentiane Blanche
    French Lover/Bois d'Orage
    Infusion d'Homme
    L'Air du Desert Marocain
    Patchouli Patch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wmason92 View Post
    Part 1:

1. How old are you?
    2. Male or female?
    Male
    Sometimes introvert but mostly extrovert
    I like to uniquely fit in.
    Im organized and disciplined but im also very impulsive as well
    Nope

Part 2:

I like them all pretty evenly except I dont like chemical smells
    New and modern but classics are classics
    Simple
    90's Alternative Rock (Matchbox 20, Three Doors Down, The Goo Goo Dolls)
    The Goo Goo Dolls
    The Notebook
    Venice
    I think these would suit you:

Aqua di Parma Colonia Intensa
    Aqua di Gio
    Boss Bottled
    Cologne pour le Matin
    Dior Homme
    Fleur du Male
    French Lover/Bois d'Orage
    He Wood
    Himalaya by Creed
    L'Homme by YSL
    Straight to Heaven
    Voleur de Roses

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by df91 View Post
    Thanks this is really interesting!

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 44
    2. Male or female? Male
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? So-so; maybe more fit in
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Organized, careful and disciplined
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? No

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Fresh and natural.Especially wood and forest smells - also earth. (I'm down-to-earth personality.)
    old-world smells
    4. What kind of music do you like? Rock n roll, heavy rock, Some strong and powerful classic music like Bach, Sibelius, Wagner, Pop music, Reggae goes too
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? All time favourite: Queen / Current Favourites: RHCP, R.E.M.
    6. What's your favorite movie? Many equals, hard to say, but i'll choose one: The Shining (1980)
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Rio De Janeiro
    Let's see....

Black Afghano
    Hindu Grass
    Bois d'Orage
    Nightscape
    Eau de Campagne
    Gucci pour Homme
    Selection Verte
    Musc Koublai Kahn
    Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Eau Sauvage
    Idole de Lubin
    L'Air du Desert Marocain
    Platinum Egoiste

- - - Updated - - -

What fun!

Part 1;

1. 45.
    2. Female.
    3. lntrovert.
    4. Unique.
    5. Organised.
    6. No.

Part 2;

1. A mix of natural, skin & sweet.
    2. A mixture of vintage & modern.
    3. lt can be simple or complex, as long as it moves me.
    4. Anything with a good melody, but mostly rock.
    5. Kate Bush, Coldplay, Journey.
    6. Braveheart, Gladiator, Cleopatra, The Count of Monte Cristo (90s version).
    7. Barcelona, Venice or Florence.
    Your profile is screaming these!

Kiehl's Original Musk
    L'Air de Rien
    Cuir Ottoman
    Invasion Barbare
    Dans tes Bras
    Chergui
    Cologne pour le Soir
    Musc Ravageur
    Helmut Lang Woman
    Musc Koublai Kahn
    Lumiere Noire pour Femme
    Sales thread here

L'Aventurier, many thanks for your work! It's appreciated, will surely try some of your suggestions!
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Blog Entries

Thanks so much L'Aventurier, l am intrigued by your suggestions! There is definitely a musk/skank theme here, & this is a genre l have only begun exploring fairly recently. l loved Musc Ravageur when l tried it, not so much Dans Tes Bras, although l find it strangely compelling. l have a sample of Cuir Ottoman waiting in the queue, & Chergui is on my test list, too. l will certainly look into the others on your list!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Thank you L'Aventurier! I'm fascinated by the fact that I only own one of the scents you recommended, but it's an all time favorite. I'll be excited to try the others. Cheers!

Thanks! You suggested some nice perfume for me, and I'm already in love with few from the list.

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    Thanks! You suggested some nice perfume for me, and I'm already in love with few from the list.
    Wow! I didn't even look at your wardrobe until now - looks like you've already got 1725 and some Pradas. I got pretty lucky with the recs! I hope you like the other suggestions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Thank you L'Aventurier! I'm fascinated by the fact that I only own one of the scents you recommended, but it's an all time favorite. I'll be excited to try the others. Cheers!
    No prob, I hope you like some of them

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks so much L'Aventurier, l am intrigued by your suggestions! There is definitely a musk/skank theme here, & this is a genre l have only begun exploring fairly recently. l loved Musc Ravageur when l tried it, not so much Dans Tes Bras, although l find it strangely compelling. l have a sample of Cuir Ottoman waiting in the queue, & Chergui is on my test list, too. l will certainly look into the others on your list!
    Yeah, I don't know what it was, but there was a huge musk undercurrent to the frags I suggested for you! I hope you like some of those. Musc Ravageur was something that I initially loved, then felt it was too strange, only to like it again. I have a bottle of Cuir Ottoman on its way to my place sometime tomorrow actually. I'll be sure to post my thoughts on it after wearing it for a full day somewhere in the forum if you're interested.

Oh, and Invasion Barbare is totally unisex IMO. Give it a shot! It's a modern fragrance with a classic twist in the drydown a la Jicky by Guerlain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by df91 View Post
    L'Aventurier, many thanks for your work! It's appreciated, will surely try some of your suggestions!
    You're welcome. But my work is only done if you enjoy one of them. Have fun sampling the ones that sound good to you
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 12th September 2012 at 04:49 AM.
    Sales thread here

Blog Entries

Yeah, I don't know what it was, but there was a huge musk undercurrent to the frags I suggested for you! I hope you like some of those. Musc Ravageur was something that I initially loved, then felt it was too strange, only to like it again. I have a bottle of Cuir Ottoman on its way to my place sometime tomorrow actually. I'll be sure to post my thoughts on it after wearing it for a full day somewhere in the forum if you're interested.

Oh, and Invasion Barbare is totally unisex IMO. Give it a shot! It's a modern fragrance with a classic twist in the drydown a la Jicky by Guerlain.
    Thanks for this! l would love to hear your thoughts on Cuir Ottoman. You are welcome to join us in the Sample of the Day thread over on the Fragrance lndustry forum if you wish to post them there.
    l have to admit l love the name lnvasion Barbare; that alone makes me want to try it!

Quote Originally Posted by DuNezDeBuzier View Post
    Part 1:

1. How old are you? 50
    2. Male or female? M
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? More introverted with those I don't know, extroverted with trusted friends and family.
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? I don't try to be either, I just go through my motions without trying to bother anyone... unless it's one of my kids that needs checked.
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Strive for the former, settle for the latter all too often it seems.
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Enjoy? Interesting way to describe it that way, but I'm not in denial... depression/melancholy is a part of life. Moreso, I deal with it. With the summits, come the valleys!

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? No tooty fruity, no candy floss, no aldehyde rides. Rather, I like gritty, grainy, earthy, woody, corky... not afraid of soap, fresh, marine, either.
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? Old School to the core.
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? simplex sigillum veri --> simplicity is the sign of truth, then again I consider fragrance more utilitarian than art.
    4. What kind of music do you like? Mostly rock, some classical (Bach, Mozart), some blues, some motown.
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Led Zeppelin
    6. What's your favorite movie? Pulp Fiction
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? San Francisco and travel north up the coast.
    Sorry for the late recommendations. I kind of got burnt out a little with the overwhelming responses!

Here's what I imagine you liking, Dunezdebuzier:

Habit Rouge
    Invasion Barbare
    Bois de Portugal
    Poivre Samarcande (it's not old school though)
    Erolfa
    M by Pure Distance
    Palisander CdG
    Terre d'Hermes EdP

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtykid View Post
    Part 1:

1. How old are you? 22
    2. Male or female? MALE
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? more like in between
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Disorganized
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? yup at times

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? sweet then fresh n natural
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? NEw and modern
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? SIMPLER
    4. What kind of music do you like? POP/ROCK
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist?michael jackson
    6. What's your favorite movie? lord of the rings
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go?paris
    Here you go! Sorry for the wait :s

Silver Musk
    Midnight in Paris
    Original Santal by Creed
    Unforgivable by Sean John
    Blasque by Humiecki and Graef
    Lanvin L'Homme
    DSquared He Wood Ocean Wet Wood
    Prada Amber pour Homme

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Part 1:

1. How old are you? 29
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? Both
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Option A and impulsive
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Yes!

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Human/Chemical
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? New/Modern
    4. What kind of music do you like? Rock in all forms
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Deftones
    6. What's your favorite movie? Beetlejuice
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? French Alps
    Wow, those are some interesting answers. The Deftones are actually one of my favorite bands, I can't wait for their new album next month.

Here are my recs for you Duke Hunt:

Bulgari Black
    Narciso Rodriguez for Him
    CKBe
    M7
    Oud Wood
    Rose 31
    Patchouli 24
    Nasomatto Duro
    CdG 2MAN
    Straight to Heaven

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wit_Siamese View Post
    Part 1:

1. How old are you? 28 going to turn 29 on Sep 18th
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? Usually introvert, but my career as governing officer is required me to be outgoing and social when working
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? disorganized, careless and impulsive
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Sometime, like whenI watching extremely sad movie like my favourite movie, that could made me depressed for hours. Be depressed also let me think of what going on in my life, but it is does not mean I want to be depressed all the time.

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? Natural & Leather
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? I love the classic. I wear Santa Maria Novella colognes, I think they are extremely reflect the smell of Victorian Era
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? Complex with a lot of detail and contrast of colour and lines
    4. What kind of music do you like? Rock: Garbage, Linkin Park, Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil, Evanessence, etc.
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Nightwish
    6. What's your favorite movie? Grave of the Fireflies
    Hey there Wit_Siamese, here are my recommendations for you:

Poivre Samarcande
    Prada Amber pour Homme
    Tuscan Leather
    Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Noir de Noir by Tom Ford
    Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermes
    Midnight in Paris
    M by Pure Distance
    Nostalgia by SMN
    CdG 2 MAN
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 28th October 2012 at 03:25 AM.
    Sales thread here

how about mine - )))) thanks in advance L'Aventurier :-)

Thanks mr. l'aventurier.

Here's some feedback...

-Habit Rouge - have bottles of edt, bottles of edp, will probably have the edc and extrait in my life at some point. You are correct sir!

-Invasion Barbare - liked sample but price point too high for me. You are correct sir!

-Bois de Portugal - liked samples but not edgy enough for bottle purchase. You are somewhat correct sir!

-Poivre Samarcande (it's not old school though) - hmmm, I will have to give this a sampling.

-Erolfa - have it and like it. You are correct sir!

-M by Pure Distance - have it and...Five stars. You are very correct sir!

-Palisander CdG - red line? I really like seqouia. Will have to sample.

-Terre d'Hermes EdP - have the edt and the parfum...Five stars. You are very correct sir!
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

Quote Originally Posted by DuNezDeBuzier View Post
    Thanks mr. l'aventurier.

Here's some feedback...

-Habit Rouge - have bottles of edt, bottles of edp, will probably have the edc and extrait in my life at some point. You are correct sir!

-Invasion Barbare - liked sample but price point too high for me. You are correct sir!

-Bois de Portugal - liked samples but not edgy enough for bottle purchase. You are somewhat correct sir!

-Poivre Samarcande (it's not old school though) - hmmm, I will have to give this a sampling.

-Erolfa - have it and like it. You are correct sir!

-M by Pure Distance - have it and...Five stars. You are very correct sir!

-Palisander CdG - red line? I really like seqouia. Will have to sample.

-Terre d'Hermes EdP - have the edt and the parfum...Five stars. You are very correct sir!
    Awesome, thanks for the feedback

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    1. 38
    2. Male
    3. Introvert
    4.unique
    5. organized careful and disciplined

1. fresh
    2. both equaly
    3. complex
    4. classical
    5. beethoven
    6. Scott Pilgrim vs. the world
    7. Paris
    I'd recommend:

Bulgari pour Homme
    Prada Amber pour Homme
    Infusion d'Homme (Prada)
    Chanel Sport pour Homme
    Lumiere Noire
    Green Irish Tweed
    Narciso Rodriguez for Him
    Odeur 53
    Dsquared He Wood Ocean Wet Wood

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Part 1:

1. How old are you? 33
    2. Male or female? m
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? 75% intro
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? Org.car.dis.
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? no

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? sweet or chemical
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? new
    4. What kind of music do you like? rock
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? rolling stones
    6. What's your favorite movie? mulholland drive
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go?berlin

Interesting answers, Stew. Sorry I don't have many recs, but these stand out a lot to me.

M7
    Dior Homme
    Duro
    Tuscan Leather
    S-ex
    Bulgari Black
    Dzing
    Straight to Heaven

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    Part 1:

1. How old are you?
    2. Male or female?
    Male
    Somewhere in the middle. Was very outgoing in my teens, have toned down.
    Don't like to fit in generally.
    More "organized, careful and disciplined". Though my room might look otherwise.
    I think so, and it's funny I never thought of that.

Part 2:

fresh and natural
    kind of both, like variety
    complex
    bach, mozart, shostakovich, dylan, beatles, radiohead. also bossa nova.
    can't choose from those prior to 90s, 90s onwards radiohead #1.
    american beauty, dog day afternoon, the godfather.
    Paris. or Rome.
    I'm a big Radiohead fan too

Bulgari MAN
    Noir de Noir
    Black Aoud
    Erolfa
    Angeliques sous la Pluie
    Invasion Barbare
    Rose 31

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Switch245 View Post

Part 1:

1. How old are you? 18
    2. Male or female? Male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? Always thought I was an introvert, but I am actually quite extroverted when with certain kinds of people
    4. Do you like to be unique, or do you like to fit in? I dont really try to be unique, but that is what usually happens
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? I am disorganized, but usually quite careful and planned.
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic? Not at all. I do however sometimes find that I wallow a bit longer than necessary in my occasional melancholy.

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)?natural One of my favorite smells before I got into frags was the smell of my guitar case which housed a cedar top classical guitar.
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? Don't have too much experience with old world smells. Not sure if 80's would qualify, but I couldn't stand scents like quorum
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? Simple, like Japanese aesthetics, but not simple like super modern/abstract art
    4. What kind of music do you like? Usually rock/folk rock/r&b
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? Grace potter and the nocturnals, musiq soul child, incubus
    6. What's your favorite movie? An assortment of Jackie chan movies
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? Not quite sure, but somewhere lax with regulations, somewhat rural, with tons of natural beauty.
    Here you go, Switch. There's a lot of niche in there, but Mugler Cologne and He Wood should be easy to find.

Palisander by CdG
    Nightscape
    Bois d'Orage
    Himalaya
    Vetiver Extraodinaire
    Hinoki by CdG
    Mugler Cologne
    He Wood
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 31st October 2012 at 03:39 AM.
    Sales thread here

---
    Last edited by Darjeeling; 1st November 2012 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Didn't read the disclaimer.

Quote Originally Posted by calilove View Post
    Part 1:

1. How old are you? 21
    2. Male or female? male
    3. Are you an introvert (enjoy time alone) or an extrovert (outgoing and social)? time alone
    5. Are you more "organized, careful and disciplined," or more "disorganized, careless and impulsive"? organized careful disipline
    6. Do you sometimes enjoy being depressed or melancholic?yes

Part 2:

1. In terms of your favorite smells in life, do you prefer clean (eg. soap), fresh and natural (eg. rain, wood or the ocean), human (eg. musk, skin), sweet (eg. fruit, ice cream) or chemical (eg. nail polish, leather, gasoline)? sweet
    2. Do you prefer to wear old-world smells, like your father's cologne, or something new and modern? new mordern
    3. In general, do you prefer art to be simple, or complex? simple
    4. What kind of music do you like? metal
    5. Who's your favorite band/artist? lamb of god
    6. What's your favorite movie? american psycho
    7. If you could go to any city in the world on vacation, where would you go? paris
    Holy crap this is hard for some reason...

Oud Wood
    Magnetism
    Duro
    Bulgari Black
    Midnight in Paris
    Tuscan Leather
    Givenchy pour Homme Blue Label
    L'homme YSL
    Aventus
    Noir de Noir
    M7 Fresh
    M7
    Sales thread here

I'd love to see what I get:

Part 1:

1. How old are you?
    2. Male or female?
    Male
    Definitely an introvert.
    Er, slowly growing to accept/appreciate being unique
    Organized, careful, and disciplined.
    Used to, not anymore. Life's too short and all that jazz

Part 2:

Sweet, with human a close second.
    Modern for me. The only older scents I enjoy are GIT and Fahrenheit
    Simple
    Rock, some grunge and pop
    Radiohead, Nirvana, John Mayer, Maroon 5, Ellie Goulding
    The Breakfast Club, (500) Days of Summer,
    New York City, my favourite place on earth.