Code of Conduct

Default Need Help Identifying an 80s perfume that came in a figural nude female-shaped bottle

Hi all,

I am trying to remember the name of a perfume from the 80s that I had bought my mother. Unfortunately, I don't have the bottle anymore, and it's long been discontinued. The bottle was of a figural nude, not a torso like Schiaparelli or Gautier. It was more like it was supposed to be a sculpture, a stylized female nude with a head, torso, and if I recall correctly, arms and legs (I think she was sitting as if her knees were drawn in towards her chest). The nude was the bottle that contained the perfume, and it fit into a base, as if it was a sculpture on a base in a museum. My mother doesn't have the perfume anymore (I think she didn't like the fact that the bottle was shaped like a nude woman). I really liked the perfume and would borrow it from her all the time, and now I'm trying to see if I can find it, if only I could remember what it was called. If anyone knows which perfume I'm talking about, I thank you in advance for your help.

Lyn

Default Re: Need Help Identifying an 80s perfume that came in a figural nude female-shaped bottle

Hi Bostonredlox/Lyn - welcome to basenotes!

I'd bet you're referring to Sculptura by Jovan. I don't remember the fragrance, but I do remember those figural bottles.

Actually, I see you've been here for a few years now. Well, it's about time you started posting!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Default Re: Need Help Identifying an 80s perfume that came in a figural nude female-shaped bottle

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Hi Bostonredlox/Lyn - welcome to basenotes!

I'd bet you're referring to Sculptura by Jovan. I don't remember the fragrance, but I do remember those figural bottles.

Actually, I see you've been here for a few years now. Well, it's about time you started posting!
    Hi Evangeline,

That's it! Sculptura by Jovan. And the bottle in the picture you posted is the one I gave my mother. They might have had a couple of different bottles, but this is the one we had. I liked it, but I don't think my mother did. Now I'm going to try to find one on eBay.

I know, I've been on basenotes for two years. I lurk more than I post

Thanks again Evangeline.

Lyn

Yay! You're welcome - so glad I could help. Happy hunting, and good luck!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan