Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member
    Blog Entries

Default Guerlain L'Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme VS Dior homme intense?...

which do you prefer?

Default Re: Guerlain L'Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme VS Dior homme intense?...

Both are good but L'Instant Extreme is in a class of its own and is just better composed and has the superior ingredients imo.

I prefer LIDGE as well out of the two. I didn't think either were worth purchasing as I don't like smelling of chocolate, but LIDGE really does smell a lot better than the Dior to my nose. Chocolate-orange but blended very carefully to create a scent that's smooth and enjoyable. To be used strictly in small quantities!!

Hard to choose as I love both but I'll go with the Guerlain.

Dior Homme Intense, whether discussing the original L'Instant de Guerlain or the Extreme version.
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

I have tried both and found them both interesting wears. I liked L'instant Extreme the better of the two. I believe it is a well made powerful scent. It actually turned out to be very smooth. Spray carefully..if you have not sampled do so first. The chocolate for me was not to my liking.

Love both but I much prefer LIDGE.

Dior Homme Intense takes my vote

+1 for l'instant ph extreme

Love both. I prefer the one that happens to match my mood on that given moment.

- L'instant extreme is more balanced and more behaved on the sweet side . Delicious cocoa drydown that will wear your skin like a glove with a shy yet "orthodox" acceptable projection . My only problem with it is that i never smell it all day , until that "drydown" stage arrives after 8+ hours ; that's where i start getting those delicious whiffs ....

- DHI on my skin gets a 9/10 in all aspects, except that it could become too sweet and cloying if over applied ....

Both amazing fragrances and masterpieces in the gourmand category .
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Lidge

I enjoy both, but prefer LIDGE.
    Current top 10 (No order):

1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

Dependent

Tough choice but I will choose DHI as it's more versatile to me
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Dhi

Dhi
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Dior Homme Intense by a mile.

LIDG is good, but didn't impress me at all. It just felt like a more pretentious version of Armani Code.

DHI (and DH), however, is unlike anything else.

Tough choice as I have both and while the notes are different, both fragrances give off the same 'vibe' to me.

I find DHI sexier, but L'instant Extreme is great....maybe a bit more for a more mature individual.

Love both, but if I had to pick one, probably DHI.

Jose

I think just the fact that these two get compared and pitted side by side so often speaks volumes as to the quality of these two. Legendary fragrances right here. Best in class for sure. I mean top tier....can't stop complementing both of these cause they are sooooooo good. Majestic, stoic, sexy, compassionate, etc. Dior Homme Intense though

I own and love DHI but am having quite a time finding LIDGE from a trustworthy source. Has anyone seen any places online to get a hold of a bottle?

L'Instant Extreme has gotten me a lot of compliments.

Case in point: I'm boarding a five-hour flight to Toronto (from Vancouver) and discover that the woman sitting beside me is an attractive twenty-something woman. I don't really pay much attention to her as I wanted to catch up on some work-related stuff on my Ipad but out of the corner of my eye I could see her looking over at me.

Finally: "Can I ask you a question, and by the way my name is Chloe....what cologne are you wearing? It's beautiful." Turns out she was a makeup artist.

My response: "a hard to find fragrance from Guerlain"

Jose

Basenotes Junkie

Dior Homme Intense by far. It's probably my favorite fragrance ever.

Dependent

tough choice but ill go with dhi
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

I like both, but if I had to choose one, it would be LIDGE.

Dior Homme Intense is one of the best out there!

Dior Homme Intense.

Have both of these greats and really enjoy them. To me DHI is modern, elegant, unique, sexy, and enlightning. I find LIDGE confident, mature, empowering, and classic. Love them both, but if there could be only one...easily DHI.

DHI by 1,000 miles
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

L instant De Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme! OMG..what can I say? This is one of the greatest fragrances ever made. I wouldn't choose DHI over LIDGE under any circumstance.

i've only wore each once, but so far i prefer guerlian.

Guerlain is more of my type, if i had to choose, but DHI is good too for those days where you wanna smell ubiquitous
    seeking mitsouko 50ml's cap....desperately!!